It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia making moves in south pacific.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A secretive shipment of weapons and military hardware donated by Russia to the military of Fiji may be an “opening move” in a battle for influence in the Asia-Pacific region security experts have said.The 20-container shipment – sent by the Russian government to its recently-forged ally – was unloaded from a cargo ship in Suva last week. It will be followed by Russian military personnel arriving in the archipelago nation next month to act as “trainers” for the new arsenal.

full article

While it hasn't been declared what was in the shipment there are rumours of RPGs and helicopters. This will prove to be a worrying development I would imagine. Fijian men are recruited heavily by the UK's armed forces and this is right on Australia's door step.

second shipment ordered
edit on 0461642 by sg1642 because: SP.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

This is very troubling!

Fiji has just been devastated by a major hurricane which is likely to put untold strain on the government to cope.

If this prevents international aid at its most urgent time, it may lead to revolt.

Let's hope saner heads prevail.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: sg1642

This is very troubling!

Fiji has just been devastated by a major hurricane which is likely to put untold strain on the government to cope.

If this prevents international aid at its most urgent time, it may lead to revolt.

Well the hurricane may be used by Russia to gain support in Fiji by coming to the rescue with aid etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not very secretive is it.
seems since we are aware of it there are many others as well..
hence a news outlet..I think if Russia really needed this to be a secret
we wouldnt be hearing about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
Not very secretive is it.
seems since we are aware of it there are many others as well..
hence a news outlet..I think if Russia really needed this to be a secret
we wouldnt be hearing about it.

I'm quite sure Russia would want everyone to know. The UK for example.

The secretive part isn't the shipment it was what was in it. I'm not sure if you understand the implications in this.
edit on 1271642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wake me up when the Russians dock a container ship in Baltimore, New York or Norfolk.

I will make some coffee for all then...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You mean western 'aid', don't you?

Our arms…

(post by w10021 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

haha, thanks for pointing that out.

Who would have thought we'd live in a world where whole economies are being willfully sabotaged under the guise of improving things?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't stress about it.

Fiji is a small place and if it weren't Russia, it probably would have been China.

One is going to need more than helicopters (not enough range to reach Aussie or even NZ) or RPGs to threaten either nation.

Those weapons would be for self defense rather than offensive warfare.

ETA, One of the sources says that they are destined to go to Syria. Fiji has 1,000 troops on the ground there. Who knew ?.....

Obviously Russia is rewarding their efforts for supporting their plan of action over there.
edit on 21-2-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Wake me up when the Russians dock a container ship in Baltimore, New York or Norfolk.

They don't need to, they have subs parked near enough, armed with nukes enough to pretty much take out every major target in the USA. Combined with their ICBMs, space based weapons etc. If Vlad decides to "push the button" and go with their first strike options, we are f'd .. so to speak. In the end it isn't about mutually assured destruction, it is about which side strikes first. That is what both sides have been planning and preparing for. If it is either us or them...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Ok don't wake me up then...

No coffee for anyone

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Terminal1

They don't need to, they have subs parked near enough, armed with nukes enough to pretty much take out every major target in the USA. Combined with their ICBMs, space based weapons etc. If Vlad decides to "push the button" and go with their first strike options, we are f'd .. so to speak. In the end it isn't about mutually assured destruction, it is about which side strikes first. That is what both sides have been planning and preparing for. If it is either us or them...

Okay.

And the US has what?
Doesn't matter first strike capability anymore...because the whole planet is scorched earth regardless if you're cruising in a semi-comfy submarine for a weeks while the sky burns with the missiles you've launched to destroy ALL of the humankind and nearly all other species while underwater.

I'm sure the lack of response from civilization would become deafening after the missiles were launched and nothing was heard. Doesn't matter "us or them". Everyone is dead...everyone else is sterile and dying...and for what? Some stupid little flags and imaginary boundaries?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Just keep it simple, if you destroy and eliminate enough of the enemy's ability to retaliate in a first strike scenario, you can easily contain and defeat that enemy. Factored into the planning are levels of "acceptable losses".

Both sides have first strike capabilities and plans. Whether one or the other will actually do it, is another question.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You mean western 'aid', don't you?

Our arms…

Food aid, doctors, building supplies & etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Undoubtedly, the powers that be are radiation proof.

/sarc.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
They are called cyclones down this way

Shipment then cyclone (named Winston strangely enough)

Anyone hear the haarp playing?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
They are called cyclones down this way

Shipment then cyclone (named Winston strangely enough)

Anyone hear the haarp playing?

Haarp shut down two years ago and has been dismantled.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: the owlbear

Just keep it simple, if you destroy and eliminate enough of the enemy's ability to retaliate in a first strike scenario, you can easily contain and defeat that enemy. Factored into the planning are levels of "acceptable losses".

Both sides have first strike capabilities and plans. Whether one or the other will actually do it, is another question.

There is no such thing the coordination required to pull that off can't be done. You would have to knock out sub's bombers and all launch sites at the exact same moment. This is impossible by any means so no first strike can't easily contain and defeat anyone. Russia knows this and although likes to threaten using nukes since they no longer have military capacity they once did aren't stupid. They would never launch first anymore than the US would. The only danger is a misunderstanding starts the dominos in motion where one thought they were being attacked.
edit on 2/22/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Fair enough, I called you out on hurricane...

So its not haarp (said for its musical connotations ), would overt/covert weather modification program suit you better?

And yes you are probably right HAARP was shut down, it was 'research' after all. Probably been perfected, miniaturised, and deployed by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join