It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terms of endearment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

If you want some kind of kindness warmth or love, we all have our terms. In many cases, we keep the terms secret and hope or expect (another term) that the other guesses what our terms are.
A kind of silent imposition, if you guess right you are rewarded with warmth and if you get it wrong you get the cold shoulder. This is how we are conditioned right from the start, no matter how you try you are surrounded in some kind of a net, that it try s to bring you under its or their own magical spell of terms.
Yes in a way it is a form of magic, we talk about living in a logical world but that is just us conning ourselves.
Once you see this magic conditioning for what it is, you drop it. You just don’t buy in to it any more. As you discard others attempts at applying their terms, your very own ones have to buckle and collapse. You realize the terms of endearment, what comes next? free love, or you owe me?
edit on 21-2-2016 by ancientthunder because: alignment

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Exactly. Notions of love, commitment, honor, and endearment are skewed these days.

You show love over time by being committed and reliable to someone you care about. Simply expressing some sentiment and respecting it in return is meaningless.

Promises, promises, when the crap hits were they there for you, or MIA?

Are they fair whether friends and lovers, or seeing you through any storm?

Are they fre-nemies or true blue?

You don't declare your love, you prove it over time.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

This is pretty true. Everybody's terms to receive love and dish it out are different. There are also different types of love that come into play.

In a relationship, tug of war is almost inevitable. There's always a doer or a giver. Someone is willing to do things for the other that usually isn't apart of their everyday character. Why? Probably because seeing them happy makes them happy.

That's where I'm at in life. 9 times out of 10, there isn't much that can make me feel happiness if I'm on the receiving end. However, if I'm the giver or the doer, I feel happiness giving. I guess it kind of like I'm helping myself to help others. The circle of life so to speak.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

join