It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recording of "outer space" music heard on Farside by Apollo 10 crew

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Just so some think I might be talking through a tinfoil hat, I have a lot of experience with VHF radio's in the service.
The VFO is an integral component of a superhetrodyne radio. In simple radios, the VFO it a single tuning mechanism (Variable Frequency Oscillator), that phases itself with the tuned signal.

In very complex and high quality radios (especially Military), there are multiple VFO's. The operator tunes in using the main frequency dial, and the VFO's on the sidebands attempt to pull the reception into the best tuning center it can be. When a signal is not present, these VFO's can fight each other trying to pull the signal to center and produce these kind of "singing" sounds. I have heard them thousands of times, and when hearing what they played into the video, it sounded just like some I have heard.

Which video Chas? We haven't yet heard the sounds from Apollo 10 so we are being told, not that I disagree so much with what you are saying, just that the actual audio is about to be revealed for the first time in another mind boggling ly crap NUF documentary, if the rest are anything to go by, even so, why is the actual audio not already on NASA's historical sites now that they have found it? Why first air on a dodgy TV documentary channel which will probably be mostly a re-run of an older version which had er, sound effects.
If NASA has found the audio...they seemingly had trouble finding it...AKA not classified..sort of, then it should of been on the historical flight site some time ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
...but there is no sound in space.

"Is there any sound on the Moon?"

Sound needs something to travel through to get from one place to another. On the Moon, since there is no air, sound cannot travel above the surface. So, there are no sounds on the surface of the Moon. When the Apollo astronauts were out on the Moon’s surface, they could only talk to each other, and to mission control, by using the radios in their air filled helmets. Even when the astronaut in the photo to the right, hit a metal tube into the ground with a hammer, no sound was made.

In the video above, they state: "It their headsets, it sounded like a 'whoo whoo' kind of noise."

www.moonzoo.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

...but there is no sound in space.

"Is there any sound on the Moon?"

Sound needs something to travel through to get from one place to another. On the Moon, since there is no air, sound cannot travel above the surface. So, there are no sounds on the surface of the Moon. When the Apollo astronauts were out on the Moon’s surface, they could only talk to each other, and to mission control, by using the radios in their air filled helmets. Even when the astronaut in the photo to the right, hit a metal tube into the ground with a hammer, no sound was made.

In the video above, they state: "It their headsets, it sounded like a 'whoo whoo' kind of noise."

www.moonzoo.org...

There is sound in space, you just can't hear it without a pickup.

To be honest though, I don't know how the consistent sound was achieved in the video, as some maintain that there are areas of the Universe that are a total vacuum, then again it may be that any variance is undetectable audibly for us played back, but that doesn't ring true either, since the sensitive equipment needed to detect any kind of wave sound would be also gappy, while the measure of that is uncertain.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
so,was it dark side of the moon? space oddity? or even rocket man?

i was actually going to post this but was having computer issues1 thanks for doing so. interesting story!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Some believe, like David Icke, that Saturn could be responsible for sending signals towards the Earth and that the Moon would be some sort of amplifier. Whatever those sounds from the far side of the Moon and from Saturn could be, it sure makes the theory even more intriguing...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If its extra terrestrials then possibly a Super Earth HD 85512b reduxxx of our terrestrial radio broadcasts?
edit on 21-2-2016 by Slichter because: the whirly thing

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

If it's two radios interacting then why is the same sound heard by Cassini at Saturn?

Because Saturn is a radio.

The ‘sounds’ of Saturn people have been posting here are actually radio waves. Here is a frequency chart of Saturn’s radio emissions, as heard by the Cassini spacecraft. You will notice that the output is strongest (red areas) in the 45-70kHz range.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
Earth's ionosphere produces it's own "symphony".

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne
so,was it dark side of the moon? space oddity? or even rocket man?

i was actually going to post this but was having computer issues1 thanks for doing so. interesting story!

There is no dark side of the Moon (unless you are talking about the Pink Floyd album). All faces of the Moon receive sunlight at some point during its month long day.

The radio interference was received while the spacecraft were on the far side of the Moon.

edit on 2/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No. You can't hear it unless you convert radio noise to audible frequencies.
Radio noise is not sound.

edit on 2/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

If it's two radios interacting then why is the same sound heard by Cassini at Saturn?

The ‘sounds’ of Saturn people have been posting here are actually radio waves. Here is a frequency chart of Saturn’s radio emissions, as heard by the Cassini spacecraft. You will notice that the output is strongest (red areas) in the 45-70kHz range.

Wasn't my quote. (hate the way ATS sometimes drops a preceding quote). Anyway, I had already pointed out to poster that this was a magnetic effect, and the Moon has no magnetic field. There are also quotes on here of "other than NASA" theories that the Cassini effect was from the collision of micro meteor particles, however NASA seems firmly in the magnetic field theory.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I had thought the sound in the second video may not be what they are actually talking about. That sound heard many times. However, if the "to be released" version is harmonic singing, I would stay with the VFO reasoning unless of course, something was talking

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Anything classified should be illegal.

Especially when tax payers paid for most of the trips.

Why exactly was it classsified again?? The video (part 1) I think says they believed it was in the public's best interest. But now they have been declassified and "discovered" in the abyss of archives. So, what was in there that needed to be classified I wonder?

It says the trip around the back took an hour (in the video, part 1). Was there an hour's worth of recordings released after declassification and re-discovery? Did we get the Real recordings after declassification?

Also, just to be a little skeptical, and for fun... If we (Earth) had no contact while they were on the far side of the moon, how do we know the astronauts were not replaced by alien replicas? Was that not a concern, lol?

Why allow the hour of no contact and wait for the data dump? Why not send two unmanned craft, one a bit further ahead, and one a bit further behind, each with radios to maintain a constant line of sight with the earth to maintain near constant contact, and cameras with telescopes aimed at the Apollo, in case something went wrong, at least they could have a visual record to find out afterward in case nobody survived to tell the tale?

As they start to orbit the earth, they could have one satellite 90 degrees ahead and one 90 degrees behind so that one craft would always be in contact and in sight of, the earth, and while the Apollo was out of sight, they could just transmit to whichever craft was in sight of the earth, first the one behind them, and then switch to the forward unit as the Apollo passed the halfway mark?

I suppose money was an issue, but what about the safety of future astronauts? If something had gone wrong, a visual record could have taught them a lot which they could use to implement safety features in the future. As it went, nothing bad happened, so far as we know... But are we sure we got back the same, human astronauts, and the same Apollo that disappeared around the backside of the moon?
How can we really, truly, know??
Didn't they ever watch The Twiggliggt Zone?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Wasn't my quote. (hate the way ATS sometimes drops a preceding quote). Anyway, I had already pointed out to poster that this was a magnetic effect, and the Moon has no magnetic field. There are also quotes on here of "other than NASA" theories that the Cassini effect was from the collision of micro meteor particles, however NASA seems firmly in the magnetic field theory.

I noticed the quote dropping effect as well. I wonder if you manually copy the entire post and then hit reply rather than quote, then paste what you've copied, if that would fix that?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:01 PM link    quote   reply

Test...
(this one I first clicked the quote funtion and pasted into the quote field, the next one I Just pasted into the regular post field, I had to copy the timestamp portion in order to capture the upper quotation Mark in my highlighted area, although it doesn't seem to have had any effect. I'm thinking it might work properly if you only copied the text, and then after pasting, went back and added the additional quote/end quote scripts commands around the entirety of the copied portion, but I've already "wasted" two posts that will likely be deleted.

If not, hopefully they will serve as an educational tool,for what does NOT work. Maybe ill inconspicuously try experimenting with my "alternative 3" in some other thread, while in the process of making a legitimate post, of course. I invite you (all?) to try the same. Perhaps in the board discussion and questions forum if you don't want to wait, like me, until you have an opportunity to make a legitimate post that happens to contain a "double" quotation?

edit on 2/21/2016 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:01 PM link    quote   reply

Test2...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
To the question of; why was it classified? I would put forth there's a relatively simple explanation for why...

People need to remember what was going on back during the time of Apollo 10. The year was 1969. Man hadn't landed on the Moon yet, but other craft had been there, both Russian and US, some as early as ten years previous. The Cold War was in full swing. No one knew for certain who had militarized what. Unknown potential radio signals, regardless of origin, would have been something which, once intercepted, needed to be analyzed very carefully. For obvious reasons the signals themselves as well as the analysis would have been kept under a cloak of secrecy until they figured out there was no threat. For all they knew the signal was saying "Here they come, launch the missiles now!, or..."they're coming around the backside, zap their electronics when no one can see." Maybe silly thinking now, but they didn't know any different back then. All they knew was they'd captured some sort of a signal, whether an anomaly or real was unknown.

I honestly doubt anyone truly thought it was E.T. phoning home.

edit on 2/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Not at all. All these sites claiming something is the 'sound' of something else are just receiving radio waves, and in some cases 'massaging' them further with post processing to have something you can hear.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Nice test. There is some kind of script bug it seems. Needs to be fixed just like the hidden post bug where your profile/posts index does not sometimes show your post, but it is on the bottom of the previous page. Little buggies.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The point in the video is the astronauts would have recognized it as radio interference and they did not. Are their transcripts online?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join