It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary wears glasses on campaign trail for first time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gotta Say, not a huge fan of Hillary, but I'm liking the glasses

The Duck face isn't bad either

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

And an article on Drudge delves into her health issues:

"The concussion Hillary Clinton suffered in December 2012 that led to a serious blood clot requiring hospitalization may also have caused her to suffer post-concussion syndrome, with symptoms including confusion, headaches and dizziness, warns a prominent Florida physician."

"Bill Clinton, during a question and answer session at the Peterson Foundation in Washington, on May 14, 2014, told the audience that the concussion Hillary suffered “required six months of very serious work to get over.”
After Clinton recovered sufficiently from the concussion and brain clot suffered in December 2012 to testify before Congress on Benghazi in January 2013, the New York Daily News reported she was wearing medically modified eyeglasses. Attached to each lens by transparent adhesive tape was a Fresnel prism designed to treat the double vision resulting from the concussion and blood clot.

On Nov. 16, 2015, between Hillary Clinton’s aides Huma Abedin and Monica Hanley dated Jan. 26, 2013, regarding Clinton’s schedule. The aides said it was “very important” to go over phone calls with Clinton because the former secretary of state was “often confused.”

Clinton’s five-minute bathroom break at the third Democratic debate in Goffstown, New Hampshire, on Dec. 19, 2015, initially attributed to the distance of the woman’s bathroom from the stage, was reported to have caused a “flare up of problems from brain injury” that required Clinton to sit in a chair off-stage to recover from fatigue, dizziness and disorientation".
www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I bet the NATIONAL OPTOMETRIC ASSOCIATION (NOA) will be off the hook with excitement over this headline news. They have a Student Association as well. Many years of tutorials about this news could manifest in text books and class rooms for the rest of time.

I am on the fence regarding the educational value of this news for the time being. I just need more information and research before I have an opinion either way.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Xuenchen, I think it is a good topic to discuss. These are not just glasses. These are used to assist with a health condition that causes double vision.

Hillary is running for president. Health issues are (and have always) been a concern during elections. If she is continuing to experience problems such as confusion and double vision, it is an issue whether some think it is nothing more than a fashion statement or not. So, S&F for this topic.

Let me add some fodder for the discussion. Maybe she is laying the groundwork for backing out "due to health concerns". She will save face by not having to admit that she cannot hold office because she is not qualified to hold a high security clearance due to her misuse of classified material while Secy. of State.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
These are used to assist with a health condition that causes double vision.

How do you know that?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How do you know that?

I researched it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Most likely it's 4th nerve palsy

And I predicted some time back about a "condition" that would be used as a back-out plan for any upcoming problems like investigations and/or campaign problems.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So she wasn't using the restroom after all when she was late arriving on stage for that one debate. It was probably because she was confused and couldn't find her way to get back on stage! Someone found her bumping into walls and walking around a storage room with an incoherent look on her face. I knew that restroom excuse was just a cover-up!

edit on 18-2-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
At first I thought this post was turning into the fashion police..but I guess it's important b/c it relates to her health that not a lot of people knew about

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

Seeing double: Clinton spokesperson confirms Daily News analysis that Secretary of State is wearing glasses to correct vision problems after concussion and blood clot

OK, speculation and an anonymous State Department spokesman.

At least your source isn't a Right Wing site.

I'm Hillary's age. This doesn't bother me. Stuff happens and I just don't see any serious impairment here.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How do you know that?

I researched it.

Not disagreeing. Just curious.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

and the barrel scrapers are mow throwing up bits of the barrel as " news "

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
LASIK is expensive, & she's a busy woman; I don't blame her for settling for glasses. & they make her more relatable to us commonfolk to boot!

Smart move, girlfriend!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
LASIK is expensive, & she's a busy woman; I don't blame her for settling for glasses. & they make her more relatable to us commonfolk to boot!

Smart move, girlfriend!

I looked into Lasik and did not qualify.

It doesn't work for everyone.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

here's a better confirmation

Hillary Clinton Admits 'Double Vision,' 'Dizziness' After Concussion

and Hillary herself saying it....(June 2014 interview)
Hillary Clinton: 'No Lingering Effects’ From ‘Serious' Concussion

"no lingering effects" ..... until recently that is

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Never, ever defend that woman.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Smart move, girlfriend!

Lasik does not solve all types of diplopia.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Never, ever defend that woman.

Why not.

Do you know her personally? I don't.

I do know she is my age. A woman who went through some of the same stuff I did growing up.

Do I believe all the anti-Hillary political hype? NO.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not sure why people are attacking you.

In general, the health of presidential candidates has always and will always be a topic of discussion.

Specific to this thread, these aren't "forgot my contacts so I'll wear my glasses" glasses.... these are "suffered a concussion and took many months to recover and need these special glasses to not have double vision" glasses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join