It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces Unveil Upgraded Reaper Model

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: anzha

Is Special Forces part of US Special Operations Command? When I hear Special Forces, I think Green Beret. But this article indicates that Air Force Special Operations Command is in control of this project.

You are correct, SF are a component of USSOCOM. The Janes article in the OP doesn't mention SF. And SF wouldn't typically have or operate something like this. Although it would be a lot of fun.

It's not unusual for people to confuse SF with SOC, though.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Im curious on why they are continuing on with the Hellfire Missile..I know its a big hitting munition against hardened and armoured targets but with a lot of the insurgence being soft targets why dont they use bomblets or an M74 submunition.

It's USSOCOM so there's likely a reason...any designs we've done for them have been very practical.

Had this gone through normal channels, I wouldn't be surprised to see it equipped with lasers and Mk18 grenade launchers (old story).

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

a reaper with helfires would have been useful ain Grenada at the presidents mansion when the APC showed up. a c130 took care of it instead. but a reaper, if it existed then, would have gotten the job done without as much presence.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

The interesting thing is...why are they unveiling it? Do they have a replacement? Or...?

Or it's a warning to would be "insurgents" whether foreign or domestic that it is about to get worse.

a reply to: anzha

sees large drone filled with smaller drones smaller drones go closer to prevent innocent collateral and gather up close laser data large drone lasers... smaller drones find direct new targz

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

You wear that dirt until you die.

I didn't have Drones to call upon, but the 117 was
enough to get the job done.

How is a Stealth plane different from a drone ?

Pilots are protected in both instances.

Those Pilots save lives.

Their uniforms stay clean, but, they wear the dirt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join