It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two people walking across Golden Gate Bridge hit by blow darts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
i bought 4 blow guns at the Albuquerque flea market one time while visiting my grandparents back in the day. Smuggled them on a plane back to Cali and gave one to my 3 best bros. the most well spent $20 ever! 20 years later, we all still have them! (the darts are all gone, sadly) they provided us countless hours of fun. Used them on a dartboard in my first apartment. One particular evening after a few Miller high life's, we decided to shoot eachother in the leg. At close range, they wouldn't enter the flesh more than a quarter inch. In fact they usually bounced off, leaving a tiny nick in the skin.
I'm guessing the perps in this case are immature young boys trying to raise a little hell. I'm surprised to hear that a dart embedded 2" deep. im certainly no physicist but I guess shooting it from a car traveling 50 mph would increase the velocity of the dart, making it much more dangerous. I bet the knuckleheads in question didn't intend for the darts to sink so deep into the victim. I highly doubt any poison was involved. Just some young dumbas$es trying to get their kicks.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Local authorities have released a picture of the suspect.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Sounds like a couple of dumb teenagers just doing things dumb kids do for fun.
But it still has to hurt , say that you can blow a dart at 60 MPH then do it from a car moving at 60 MPH that dart is gonna hit you at least going 120 MPH. ...either way it's gonna hurt. And in Maryland you can buy a blow gun at Walmart.
You can shoot a red wire nut through a piece of half inch PVC and that will sting like a SOB. So I say it's kids being dumb and think it's funny to hurt people, notice that both people were hit in the leg .
If they were trying to kill someone the shots would have been higher up ....

Exactly. A prank gone awry, nothing more. Dumb kids who didn't fully think things thru or understand the consequences of shooting from a moving vehicle. They're probably at their parents fancy Mill Valley home scared crapless right now.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wonder if the perps used a CO2 pistol to propel the darts.

That would definitely do some damage.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: intrptr

Have been illegal in Ca for years.

Oh, right you are…

search

Its silent and potentially deadly, next… bb guns, then rocks, road flares, matches, rakes, shovels, axes, kitchen knives.

They should focus on the crime and criminal, not the brick.

After reading your post, I imagined contractors in California trying to build houses using Nerf bricks, after a law was passed banning regular bricks.

Too funny. My example isn't imaginary. Some dude chopped up 14 people in a restaurant with a machete. The restaurant was designed with 'booths' no chairs, fixed tables. The patrons couldn't even pick up a chair or table to defend themselves, because they are afraid somebody might use it to hit someone.

If you go walking down a busy street in a major city nowadays, all garbage cans, signs, planters, pavement, sidewalks and store fronts are designed so nobody can dislodge any part to use as a weapon. Have you noticed? Armored glass, doors, mail boxes, benches, all embedded in concrete.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

Exactly what I was thinking. Remember the punks doing 'drive bys', paint balling people on the street? They were smart enough to film it, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
Having gotten shot in the ass with one, I can tell you it does not feel good. I hope they find out who did it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Muwekma Ohlone snipers.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight
CO2 is bad. That would do some real damage. Still, even if shot out of an actual blow gun by mouth, a dart can go through a metal stop sign. One of my friend's buddies did it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wrong thread. No idea how this happened.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Shamrock6 because: How the hell did I wind up here?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry mate I must be missing part of the story.
I didn't know arrest were made or that an officer
was injured...can you please elaborate or post link?
Thank you.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

See my edit. I have fat fingers.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Greetings,

We have a similar thing going on here in Austin TX with rocks being thrown from moving cars onto the other side of the I-35 freeway. So far nobody has been killed but the reward is up to 25K for the perps. When they catch them it will be a long stretch in jail for them. Real sickos.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've shot a blow-dart through my own finger. Right through the bone and exited my fingernail. I had to get a neighbor to help me pull it out. Not something I'm proud of.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

How do you know that the morons did not intend for the darts to sink so far into their victims skin, just wondering why you would assume that?

What if one of those darts hit someone in their eye, did the vermin consider that possibility?

Um no, these idiots don't deserve any benefit of the doubt, they deserve to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Good thought. Compressed propellant.

And I would say that someone was using these folk as target practice from a moving vehicle.. the idea that if you are walking over the golden gate bridge on your own then you are unlikely to be a tourist nor are you likely to be rich and any trouble if you don't have a car... just conjecture on my part as I have no idea who walks across that bridge

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

How do you know that the morons did not intend for the darts to sink so far into their victims skin, just wondering why you would assume that?

What if one of those darts hit someone in their eye, did the vermin consider that possibility?

Um no, these idiots don't deserve any benefit of the doubt, they deserve to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. ~$heopleNation

I guess I was just going by my own experiences from the blowgun days of my youth. The blowguns I had just didn't seem very dangerous. I certainly never targeted any strangers, only my buddies, and the never inflicted much damage. It just sounds like something some jerkwad 19 year olds would do for craps n giggles, not intending to seriously injure but just scare someone with a little poke. But you're right. This is a serious mater and the perpetrators should be punished accordingly.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

We had a similar problem in Oz - where mored borons would dump eggs or rocks off overpasses into 50 - 60 mph traffic.

They now have cages built into such overpasses.

Idiotic at best.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: f4andHALFtoads
Tourists are mostly who walk the bridge. People come from all over the world to see SF and walk that bridge. Also, tons of school kids on field trips walk it everyday. I grew up 120 miles east of SF. As a kid, we took our 8th grade trip to SF and got to walk the bridge. The locals are usually joggers or cyclists. I doubt many people walk it for transportation but if their home is within walking distance of the Bridge, they ain't broke. You gotta have money to live in The Bay.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Yeah, idiotic is probably being too nice. I did a lot of idiotic things in my youth that I'm not proud of. I was no more than 7 or 8 when I decided it would be fun to climb our walnut tree and toss walnuts at passing cars. It was all fun n games til I hit a neighbors car as he drove by. He hopped out of the car, high jumped the fence, grabbed me by the arm and asked where my folks were. Dad was at work and mom was a couple doors down, visiting a neighbor. The guy gave me a stern lecture, removed his leather belt and gave me a couple good whacks. He came back later that day and told my folks what happened and I got in even more trouble. Back in those days, you could whip a neighbors kid. Nowadays you'd go to jail for that. Kids these days don't get taught any respect and society is worse off for it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join