It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy trinity dogma is polytheistic.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You seriously are the most ignorant person on ats. You know you don't know anything, so just go after people who are better and smarter than you. You are what the Jews call a goyim.

Jesus loves you,

Everyone else thinks you're a jackass

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I don't see much point to replying to you and your Gnosticism, oops sorry, a label and you don't like labels, or your gnostic friends

I don't know my religion but you do, you know my religion?
Arnt you transposing your religion on me, arnt you saying that you are right and I am wrong about my understanding of my beliefs?
You are demanding I bow my beliefs to yours?

I believe in Paul, also that Jesus is God, the same God as the Father, the same God he called Father in the Lord's Prayer

I believe Jesusprayed to that God the Father when He prayed.
I believe Jesus brought a child back to life because He holds the power over death, coasted out legion from the crazy man because He has power over the Spirits, forgave sin because He was equal with the Father
Something that had many believers stoned to death in the early days of christianity

Now keep your beliefs to yourself, don't even consider suggesting you know my beliefs better than I know my beliefs.
Are you a god, a god to know better than anyone else, are you so much smarter than everyone else you know more, even all

Here is a thought Ak, what you think of me I think of you

Just some strange gnostic preaching his religion at anyone who would listen

And denying he is a gnostic to try and be above everyone else

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You say Gnostic like it's a bad thing. Gnosis means to know or have knowledge.

I thought knowledge was good, oh that is right you worship Paul so you think knowledge "puffs up."

Unfortunately, Pauls goal was to control the ignorant dumbasses that would listen to his hypocritical doctrine, not spiritual freedom.

Looks like he succeeded, your as compliant and indoctrinated a person as anyone I can think of.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophite

Only a fool would think himself wise

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I don't see much point to replying to you and your Gnosticism, oops sorry, a label and you don't like labels, or your gnostic friends

I don't know my religion but you do, you know my religion?
Arnt you transposing your religion on me, arnt you saying that you are right and I am wrong about my understanding of my beliefs?
You are demanding I bow my beliefs to yours?

I believe in Paul, also that Jesus is God, the same God as the Father, the same God he called Father in the Lord's Prayer

I believe Jesusprayed to that God the Father when He prayed.
I believe Jesus brought a child back to life because He holds the power over death, coasted out legion from the crazy man because He has power over the Spirits, forgave sin because He was equal with the Father
Something that had many believers stoned to death in the early days of christianity

Now keep your beliefs to yourself, don't even consider suggesting you know my beliefs better than I know my beliefs.
Are you a god, a god to know better than anyone else, are you so much smarter than everyone else you know more, even all

Here is a thought Ak, what you think of me I think of you

Just some strange gnostic preaching his religion at anyone who would listen

And denying he is a gnostic to try and be above everyone else

So Do yourself a favor and don't reply to me...

You clearly don't even know what a gnostic is

And you know nothing of me, so think whatever you wish to... toss your labels around freely... I couldn't care less...

As for what I think of you... typical fundamentalist Christian

Meaning when you get backed into a corner, or don't understand something... or someone disagrees with your belief system... you start calling them names and insulting their character because you don't know how to have a reasonable discussion with people outside of your religion without getting your nuts in a twist...

Been dealing with people just like you most of my life... And your type only comes from fundy Christians...

fundamental religion is a disease... a mental illness... And Christianity's fundys are the worst kind outside of the ones that blow things up when they're in the same situation...

On the plus side... people like you usually get banned pretty quickly around here

Thank God...

So i'll let the mods do what they do best... and in time, I won't see you later

Peace

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

But I enjoy replying to you

Enjoy you telling me what my beliefs are

And I know nothing of you

As you know nothing of me

So next time you decide to tell me that I don't know anything about my own religion, you may want to check yourself

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Honestly I think i'd rather just not talk to you...

You're ignorant when you reply... and you have the mentality of a 12 year old on a playground fighting for his toys

In any case you'll solve that for me eventually as I've previously stated...

With your attitude... im shocked you've almost lasted a year

You'll end up getting banned... but only time will tell

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

That's your choice and please feel free to exercise that choice
When you make statements like this one below from the last page

"You posts make little to no sense, and your only motivation is to knock down people who obviously know more about your own religion then you do "

I would suggest the problem lies in your assumed "secret knowledge", your arrogance and your desire to demand other people bow down to your superiority

I am free to believe whatever I choose, like it or not

The difference between maturity and immaturity is when a person can accept another's point of view and still, yes still live their individual life without getting all torn up and angst ridden

Now don't talk to me and be that better person you claim you are

Go get a cooky

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

When you make statements like this one below from the last page

"You posts make little to no sense, and your only motivation is to knock down people who obviously know more about your own religion then you do "

I would suggest the problem lies in your assumed "secret knowledge", your arrogance and your desire to demand other people bow down to your superiority

This is funny... again with the gnostic stuff

Do you not know that the gnostic writers "secret knowledge" is found in the gospels of the bible?

I demand nothing of anyone... nor do I care what they think or believe...

Please look though my posts, theres a good 25k of them and find a place where I demand anything from anyone...

OR

Find me saying... YOU must believe what I say... As if im a Christian

I am free to believe whatever I choose, like it or not

And I probably repeat that exact sentiment in at least half of my posts in religion and theology...

The difference between maturity and immaturity is when a person can accept another's point of view and still, yes still live their individual life without getting all torn up and angst ridden

im glad you understand that... maybe you should try following that idea...

Now don't talk to me and be that better person you claim you are

Go get a cooky

lol...

WtF is a cooky?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

That's you telling me that I don't know what I believe or don't believe, that others know better than what I believe.
That's a suggestion that I have no right to even consider questioning anyone and I have no value

That's an assumption based on your own opinion, an opinion based on your beliefs

Ak, I truly don't mind, you gnostics are allowed to believe what you want to, I will question when and how I want and believe what I think is the truth

Now go get yourself a cooky

Cooky | Define Cooky at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/cooky
noun 1. a small cake made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large, flat pan (cookie sheet) and baked. 2. Informal. dear ...

I guess being a Canadian, there is no other true word than Canadian word

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

That's you telling me that I don't know what I believe or don't believe, that others know better than what I believe.
That's a suggestion that I have no right to even consider questioning anyone and I have no value

No, thats me telling you that your posts are insulting and degrading to people you're speaking to at times, and it shows not only a lack of understanding of your "god's" word, but the bible in general... its not that your posts have no value, but the fact that when people disagree with your beliefs you attack them... simply put

Now go get yourself a cooky

Cooky | Define Cooky at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/cooky
noun 1. a small cake made from stiff, sweet dough rolled and sliced or dropped by spoonfuls on a large, flat pan (cookie sheet) and baked. 2. Informal. dear ...

I guess being a Canadian, there is no other true word than Canadian word

heh what?

what are you telling me here, that im fat?

I don't understand... why would i go get a cooky... or "cookie"?

You know the topic is the trinity right?

at least say go get a beer... which might be a great idea if im gonna talk with you

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I believe in the Trinity

Here is why

www.wordofhisgrace.org...

Like it or not, that's enough evidence for me

Go get yourself a couple of beers and enjoy

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thats awesome man... and you can believe whatever floats your boat...

heres my issue... and understand what you've previously said, that you are free to believe whatever you want...

the first line of your link...

A basic formulation of the Trinity doctrine is, God is a Trinity of three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one God, the same in substance, equal in power and glory.

Prove it...

Where is the evidence outside of the creeds of the church?

Go get yourself a couple of beers and enjoy

Always have em in the fridge...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Are you serious, do you have the capacity to think beyond your own mind

Think carefully Ak, think hard

Whatever you read, whatever you believe is your choice activated by your faith in someone else's opinion
You can't prove anything you believe to me, nothing.
I will question your source, your opinion and if pushed maybe your intelligence

I don't have to prove anything to you, nor do I want to
You have already questioned my sources , my opinion and my intelligence

I am not playing this silly game, I am smart enough and gracious enough to allow you your opinion, cos I know what is fruitless and pointless

Go play your game with some one who think this argument has any validity

Keep your pet issues and your chosen religion, I am smart enough not to waste your or my time

If you are the smart cookie you claim to be, you prove your faith is better than mine.
Not the trinity, not demigods and evolution, prove your faith is better than mine

I don't mind what you believe or your opinion of me OT my faith.

What I do mind is you saying others know my faith better than me, the absurdity is beyond comprehension.

No thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Prove it...

Where is the evidence outside of the creeds of the church?
Other then convincing evidence for a God we are all left without the kind of prof you may be looking for . If it is on the other hand to find evidence within scripture to believe it to be so then there can be prof given . Its a faith base system that God requires because He has no intentions of proving to you me or anyone else He exist .its that simple AK .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Other then convincing evidence for a God we are all left without the kind of prof you may be looking for .

Well, something in the Bible reinforcing the idea of the Trinity would be nice. One the other hand, we do have quite a few scriptures, from the Bible, that seem to belie the doctrinal ideology.

So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

"Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.…

and again here....

Jesus said to her, "Do not touch Me, for not yet have I ascended to the Father. Now go to My brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"

edit on 1-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

There are two issues when it comes to looking at the God head .1 The 100AD Masoretic Text that is actually a variant to the earlier work as can be shown using the dead sea scrolls .Key passages were adjusted to help address the jews that were converting to the Christian faith . 2 . As Dr. Heiser brings out in his lecture ,it was not unheard of at the time of Christ and before Him that there was this 2 power Godhead .The new Testament brings this though of the Godhed into what can be seen as a Triune God head .
He uses another jewish scholars work that looked into the matter . The jewish scholar does not believe it but writes that at the time of Christ it was a jewish thought .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm not going to watch an one hour plus video. Please post what you've gleaned from the video so that it can be discussed. Otherwise, I stand by my post.

Jesus didn't teach the Trinity, and he was, supposedly, 1/3 of it!?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I already gave you a summary of his lecture .What was also discovered in the lecture was the audience . It turned out to be a group of Jews .They commented and asked why they had never been told this ,referring to the information Dr. Heiser was presenting .But if you want to take the time to look at the subject of the God Head and how it moved from a one person to a two person to a three person God head then this lecture is for you or any other .That would include Christians .Knowing what we believe is only one part because there is a why we believe it as well .

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I already gave you a summary of his lecture .

No you didn't.

One would have to watch the lecture to understand what you were getting at in your, so called, summary.

I'm not into an hour plus of indoctrination and twisted rhetoric.

If you can't cite the scripture or sum up, articulate his argument in a way that can be discussed, then I don't think that you really understand his logic either.

In fact, Jewish doctrine teaches that "God" is 4 fold in nature. A 3 fold "God" is a truncated and false "God" that denies "The Son", which is the emanation of "God" that IS his creation, "The Word".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join