It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.4 EMSC Quake in OK- USGS- 5.1

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the big quake is reasonably near an area that has an anomalous gold mine in it's history. A lode gold deposit that has no known geological reason for existing. it is a considerable distance from the west to east line where lode deposits were known from the wichita mountain range through the arbuckles to the kiamichis to the ouitchita mountains and mostly south of that line. up by itself a few mines out of talogah, halfway to woodward from OKC is a historical mine shaft, mostly forgotten, at the head of a drainage into the canadian river known as trial creek. one of the few areas in oklahoma where sizeable gold nuggets may be found. I know of no acknowledged geology that would explain it.

perhaps there is some unknown geology going on there.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

here is the fault line i think has something to do with it.. the strange thing is the EQs stop almost right at the kansas boarder. the nemaha ridge or the humbolt fault zone.

en.wikipedia.org...

a reply to: stormbringer1701

i dont think the problem is this one EQ ..its with the thousands of 2.0 and larger that have been escalating in the central/north central area over the last eight years and it seems they are gradually getting larger
edit on pm220162902America/ChicagoWed, 17 Feb 2016 14:43:40 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

here is the fault line i think has something to do with it.. the strange thing is the EQs stop almost right at the kansas boarder. the nemaha ridge or the humbolt fault zone.

en.wikipedia.org...

i dont think the problem is this one EQ ..its with the thousands of 2.0 and larger that have been escalating in the central/north central area over the last eight years and it seems they are gradually getting larger

What i am hinting at is what if there is something deep that has been overlooked by past geological surveys? The continental divide was once in oklahoma. mostly eroded away and buried except as hilltops, and granite nubs a branch of the apalachians higher than the himalayas was here before the rockies were even born. buried deep here and occasionally brought up in oil well tailings are gold and gems from those mountains buried alluvial fans and fossil rivers and watersheds.

The wichitas, arbuckles, kiamichis and outichitas and other hills and ranges are remnants of a long eroded but humongous mountain range that something surely caused to poke up.

and to raise mountains like that surely takes some sort of hellacious geological chaos.

I know everyone knows about when oklahoma was covered by a shallow ocean but few know about the honking big mountain range.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Either you are very smart or you are as crazy as I am.

I was looking forward to a good night's sleep. I even pulled some freezer burnt turkey out, as a natural sleeping pill and turned off ATS early. The thing that put me to sleep immediately was turning on the debates....but now I've been up, tossing and turning for hous. At first I thought it was that damned turkey, and then spent an hour contemplating if and how to post something unrelated to this. Still awake, I contemplated my dusty To Do list and how to approach yet a new tax form with Obama Care.

Irritating as these things are, they are mini-monsters in my world and they know better than to keep me awake to the point where I want to start gnawing off a limb, so I went into Plan B, and just asked myself if there was something I needed to be conscious of and this Thread instantly jumped into center stage, with a vengeance. Funny, but I had already blotted it out. Now I'm thinking that this is a bigger turkey.

I opened my I Pad and just saw your post, sort of looking for confirmation. I, for one, got the hint. I just pray you don't end up in the "That's A Hit" Thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

i agree with the hope it is fracking because i understand the bad things that could happen . my fear is it will be put off on fracking and when people hear about it they will just go the the fracking thing and not worry much about a "big one" until it happens.

im looking for all the data i can on locations of frack sites vs the EQ sites atm and will post again when i find more info

Knock. Knock...

Any chance you smart guys could update this thread? Or direct me to another, if you continued the conversation elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey there.....I'm a chart hacker........

not associated with fracking my friends, from a seasoned chart hacker.....

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

here is some info on OK....
maps.fractracker.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What i am hinting at is what if there is something deep that has been overlooked by past geological surveys? The continental divide was once in oklahoma. mostly eroded away and buried except as hilltops, and granite nubs a branch of the apalachians higher than the himalayas was here before the rockies were even born. buried deep here and occasionally brought up in oil well tailings are gold and gems from those mountains buried alluvial fans and fossil rivers and watersheds.

The wichitas, arbuckles, kiamichis and outichitas and other hills and ranges are remnants of a long eroded but humongous mountain range that something surely caused to poke up.

Thanks for the replies, but I'm not talking about fracking. I'm talking about something much bigger that these folks were discussing in the posts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join