It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Boy: Here's how a young superhero saved Sydney and became an honorary Avenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Iron Boy - a brave Sydney boy with cystic fibrosis - has earned a gallantry award and been appointed an honorary Avenger by Robert Downey Jr himself, after saving the city in a mission organised by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Domenic donned his superhero suit after accepting the Make-A-Wish mission to save reporter Hope Joy, who had been taken hostage on Clark Island by the evil villain Ultron.

Iron Boy: Here's how a young superhero saved Sydney and became an honorary Avenger

The pint-sized hero arrived at Clark Island at lunchtime with his sidekick and brother Joseph, who played the character of 'War-Machine'.

The pair courageously rescued Ms Joy from the villain’s clutches, and untied her from a tree.

Iron Boy then had a final showdown with his arch nemesis at Sydney Opera House, and defeated the villain in front of crowds of cheering onlookers.

He was presented with the Commissioner’s Award for Gallantry for his efforts by NSW Police Commissioner, Andrew Scipione, who commended Domenic’s courage during the battle and participation in the event.

“Not only has Domenic battled villains and saved his city, he’s stared down his illness and won the day,” he said.

“It can’t be easy dealing with an illness like his and we feel privileged to be able to work with Make-A-Wish Australia to ensure his wish to be a famous superhero came true.

“It was also my great honour to present Domenic, or should I say ‘Iron Boy’, with a special acknowledgement, a Commissioner’s Award for Gallantry.”

Robert Downey Jr, the actor who plays Iron Man, then appointed the brave superhero an honorary Avenger in a special video message

The Hollywood actor also tweeted "Go get 'em, Domenic!" to the boy, adding that he "sent a very special boy on a top secret mission today".

Aussie actor Chris Hemsworth, who graces the big screen as Iron Man’s friend and fellow superhero Thor, sent out a simple "Go Dom!” on Twitter.

Mr Scipione had earlier briefed Domenic on the mission.

"Iron Boy, we need your help,” Mr Scipione told Domenic via video message, in the "top secret" operations room.

“Make-A-Wish reporter Hope Joy has been kidnapped. Officers have confirmed that Clark Island has been overtaken by Ultron's henchmen. And Hope Joy is being held captive," he said.

"If I could make one wish it would be for you to help us Iron Boy.”

According to Make-A-Wish, when Domenic was asked what super power he would possess above all else, he answered “to heal”.

More here: www.9news.com.au...

I thought this was really cool and just had to share it. Congratulations go to the Make-A-Wish foundation and the NSW Police for organising what must have been a monumental operation just to see this boys dream come true.

Watch the video, you'll not be sorry

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What a great story in a #ed up world. Thankyou Iron Boy, you saved the day!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

That's really lovely.

It's also an aggravating title on a website such as this, where one expects actual heroing to have been done, and a real threat to have been quashed, but it's a wonderful story all the same, and I really hope that the little fellow had a great day.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It's also an aggravating title on a website such as this, where one expects actual heroing to have been done, and a real threat to have been quashed, but it's a wonderful story all the same, and I really hope that the little fellow had a great day.

Yeah unfortunately I had to copy the exact headline or I would have altered it.

The little man has some serious bragging rights to his mates now

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One of the sweetest things I've ever heard!

Happy for Domenic to have his dream come true with loads of support.
Hats off to everyone involved in helping Ironboy, especially Robert Downey Jr, for making it real for him!

Thanks for sharing Kryties

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Fake, he's not iron Boy and those moves he did knocking that guy over with his glove was staged

Kidding of course good stuff little man !
edit on 12-2-2016 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I dont usually agree with you, but this story was wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hey, who keeps cutting onions in here???

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Fake, he's not iron Boy and those moves he did knocking that guy over with his glove was staged

Kidding of course good stuff little man !

I think he'd give Superman a run for his money

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I dont usually agree with you, but this story was wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hey, who keeps cutting onions in here???

Admittedly I had some "dust in my eyes" while watching the video yesterday

top topics

join