It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I grow weary of this eternal weather and lack of sunshine. I am angry about everything right now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I stayed in Norway for three years. South coast seems worse than Norway. In Noway, the snow would make the street light reflect between the ground and the clouds, boosting the brightness at night-time.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm in New England in the States. Lots of snow and cold, grey and dreary here. My pain is much worse in the colder months too. I know what you mean about back pain. OW!

Good time to cuddle up on the couch with a wicked soft blanket and watch some awesome movies or read a great book. Or...hang out with your awesome ATS family.
Or cook some good comfort food and have some hot cocoa. Or...go out second hand sopping and see what treasures you can find. Plenty of things to do until Spring gets here. These cold Winter months are temporary.

Sorry you hate your job, I have had some of those myself. Any chance of finding one you might like?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Call me when you get 6' of snow on your roof.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Agh totally get you man....

Winter hits and usually I'm kind of up for it, xmas round the corner, then new years and I'm all built up from the warmer months before and ready to take it on.

But by this point...

Just give me some damn sunshine please. Feels like a never ending battle, but spring IS just round the corner, it IS!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific I was discussing this with a couple of people yesterday. It was a pretty awful summer and has just dragged into this wet winter. I'm sure I've got SAD. I'm not a happy bunny at all. I've been trying to get on with my walking practice rehab, but when it's raining and blowing a gale it' makes things much harder, it's dangerous as a strong gust can pretty much knock me over. I used to walk a couple of miles a day and getting out in the fresh air is really important. I'm just trying to not get full on depressed, because it's a rut difficult to get out of. I've definitely benefitted from doing a mindfulness course that has helped me stay positive, but some days it doesn't seem enough. I've not been on a holiday for years, so going without sun fo so long has been tough

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Oh my dear god i would give Anything to swap places with you weatherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in South Africa,in Mpumalanga Province and for about 5 months of the year the humidity is at almost 100% most of the time,along with horrid high temps.

This body cannot Stand or handle humidity. Throw Any other weather condition at me-from dry heat to arctic cold,to endless rain,to high winds,thunderstorms,dampness+clammy cold - ANYTHING except humidity.

It makes me feel physically ill,nauseous,constant headaches,weakness,it seems to drain the very life force out of me.

And no matter how many places my husband sends his CV to,he is either overqualified,or it's this,or it's that. Once he managed to find another job,resigned+we were already looking for houses to rent in the other town-when they let him know sorry the job is not available anymore.

So here i am stuck,feeling like death warmed up for at least 5 months of Every year,while having to homeschool my son,tend to the house and our animals +cooking etc Throw in some highly poisonous snakes like Mozambiquan Spitting Cobras (of which i had to kill an Enormous one,whom came into my house,just the other day.) I've had to kill adders,black Mambas,have to cope with spiders the size of dinnerplates,and bugs enough to fill an ocean.

And we can Not get out of this hellhole to a higher-altitude part of this Province even,leave alone anywhere else.

You can make yourself more comfy/warmer in cold miserable weather-humidity is like a frikkin evil spirit,a never-letting-up for -ONE- GD-minute PLAGUE that you can Never escape. The only relief is to sit as close to a fan as possible,but after months on end,do you know Heartily SICK one gets of a bloody fan blowing on one all the time?

When i hear overseas people yabber about "lovely sunny South Africa" i feel like slapping them down so hard they leave a dent in the pavement
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would kill to live in a climate like England's!

Rant over.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 10-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join