It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has restarted plutonium reactor and could have stockpiles in weeks - US spy chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

North Korea has restarted a plutonium nuclear reactor that could provide fuel for nuclear weapons, US intelligence chief James Clapper says.

He also said the North had taken steps towards making an intercontinental ballistic missile system.

It comes days after the North launched a long-range rocket, which critics say is a test of banned missile technology.

Last September Pyongyang said its main nuclear facility at Yongbyon had resumed normal operations.

The reactor there has been the source of plutonium for its nuclear weapons programme. The North carried out its fourth nuclear test in January.

North Korea has restarted plutonium reactor and could have stockpiles in weeks - US spy chief

Things in North Korea seem to be getting heated again this after the rocket launch.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I'll take a large grain of salt with everything Mr. Clapper has to say.

When Edward Snowden was asked during his January 26, 2014 TV interview in Moscow what the decisive moment was or why he blew the whistle, he replied: "Sort of the breaking point was seeing the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, directly lie under oath to Congress. … Seeing that really meant for me there was no going back."

False testimony to Congress on NSA surveillance programs

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

thanks for adding that little tidbit

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Do you guys remember before they invaded Iraq (Hussein) over WMD, the Intelligence had detailed paperwork describing all of these threats and weapon systems and they turned out to be complete bullcrap. I do think North Korea is a threat, but would not trust US intelligence to have the facts straight. I don't think the Kim Jong Il likes playing second fiddle to ISIS.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Everyone should use thorium reactors. it should be illegal to have plutonium powered reactors. I think only a handful of traditional reactors should exist in the world. The rest that are used for power should be Thorium based.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good old lil Kim's back at it again. Stirin the pot and hoping for a reaction from a spineless president.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

North Korea are likely running out of money and food again so hopeing the USA or China pay them to shut up.
edit on 9-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Everyone should use thorium reactors. it should be illegal to have plutonium powered reactors. I think only a handful of traditional reactors should exist in the world. The rest that are used for power should be Thorium based.

I 100% agree and would say even the traditional ones eventually phased out.

The world would be a lot better without nuclear weapons

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
According to the snippet....this is old news....last September (5 moths ago) is when they started it up......
This is just propaganda to stir up fear....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I wonder how they could prove that without a doubt?

More specifically, I wonder how they would go about proving that without a doubt, given the fact that the last time we had such dire news about a rogue state from an intelligence agency, an illegal war started.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh...this could be bad...

it seems the lies have started again...

More war to follow...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
According to the snippet....this is old news....last September (5 moths ago) is when they started it up......
This is just propaganda to stir up fear....

Asia has been roiling in economic turmoil in the intervening months.
No doubt it was known NK had some kind of NWO role to play at the time.
Maybe just checking the pulse of US intelligence by overflying the Superbowl with KSM 4?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300

And all we do is whine and wring our hands...
If that's the case, keep the scary news from PRNK to yourselves!
edit on 9-2-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
People from NK are happy, even they are living in isolation for ages. They are clever, diligent and discipline people. Very prosperous country despite the sanctions.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonaMonina
People from NK are happy, even they are living in isolation for ages. They are clever, diligent and discipline people. Very prosperous country despite the sanctions.

Hey Kim Jong-un has joined ATS!

Guess they have 56k modems now

Remember Kim its not food you cant eat the modem

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

ATS now officially known as the children's table.

That means Kim Jong-il is going to detonate KSM 4 over the UN in NYC on his birthday.
We can share on the OC 256

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
And the US will do absolutely nothing, unlike the stink we make over Iran. That's because NK has no resources, namely oil, that we have any interest in.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why not invade korea. And tell China stay on the side lines where u belong

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's always saber rattling. If everything we know is true about Kim, he may be crazy but he's not suicidal. Even he has to realize how utterly stupid an attack like that would be, no matter how you look at it. Of course we shouldn't get involved militarily unless an attempt is made. That being said it's probably nothing to worry about

new topics

top topics

join