It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops kill 2 police and 3 civilians after checkpoint bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The US military has announced that it has changed their tactics of dealing with roadside bombs.
Rather than moving on after the bombing, they now try to engage the persons who may have set off the bomb.

This led to an incident late Saturday night, in which a bombing at a police checkpoint in Yussifiyah was follwed by a shootout that killed at least two policemen and three civilians.

NCTimes
BAGHDAD, Iraq - American troops opened fire after their convoy was struck by a roadside bomb at a checkpoint south of Baghdad, killing at least two policemen and three civilians, police said Sunday....

...U.S. officials had no immediate comment about the shooting at the checkpoint, which occurred late Saturday. Interior Ministry spokesman Col. Adnan Abdul-Rahman said a U.S. convoy was hit by a roadside bomb near a police checkpoint in Yussifiyah, nine miles south of Baghdad, and troops opened fire, killing two police and three civilians.

The reaction of the soldiers in this case are understandable but it might make their relationship with the Iraqi police force and civilians more difficult as they get caught in the crossfire.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i really see the importance of the post.... This kind of thing happens hourly in iraq, Toi the USA its called "collatrol damage" meaning they dont give a f- who they kill so long as they get oil and more money... If your interested tho i can post some links to more rape, muder, torture and stealing commited by the US forces in iraq...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
P Amara I think your missing the point of this post.

The US military has announced that it has changed their tactics of dealing with roadside bombs.
Rather than moving on after the bombing, they now try to engage the persons who may have set off the bomb.

Its about a change in tactics,

Now please lets talk about that,

links to more rape, muder, torture and stealing commited by the US forces in iraq...

I Think there will be links like these for any side of a war, there are good and bad in every army,

join