It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Pulls its 6 jets out of the ISIS Fight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Trudeau has announced the jets are coming home Feb 22.
In their place will be triple the number of trainers approx. 200 and also some refueling and surveillance aircraft....
This move is seen as unpopular in Canada......
Personally, I think the support Canada is giving the coalition is minimal to start with.....and rightly so.....
If these arabs cant fight for their own country why should we?
All the military age refugees should be stopped at the border of Turkey, given a rifle and ammo, and sent back to pick a side......
edit on 8-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Considering ISIS is just another CIA and Mossad project with some Saudi and Turkish help, who can blame Canada for pulling out

Could it be that Trudeau is a smart cookie
edit on 8-2-2016 by VanGcouverite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it unpopular, I for one think it's a good move. Less bombs, more training and medical aid; Canada needs to play to it's strengths, not wave it's **** around with an ineffectual but politically expedient show of force. Besides, the only bombing campaign that matters right now is Russia's.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Orwells Ghost because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost
Its the MSM that declared the move unpopular....not me....

Think of all the lives and money pissed away in the ME.....
Now what if we had just overflown these countries and dropped not bombs, but cash....
Do you think they would like us then?

edit on 8-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouverite

Considering ISIS is just another CIA and Mossad project with some Saudi and Turkish help, who can blame Canada for pulling out

Could it be that Trudeau is a smart cookie

If Trudeau is a smart cookie, then he would know better than to trivialize the threat of ISIS. I agree with you that ISIS gets their marching orders from the same powers that sick them us if we stopped aiding in the fight against them.

Dont forget though, Canada is pretty tricksy. We were supposedly not in Iraq but from what I hear from a few of those that came back, our soldiers were in Iraq wearing American uniforms.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I hear ya bander. The media here seems to care more for what our "friends" will think than what is the right thing to do.

I don't think it matters much if the people of Syria and Iraq like us or not, but they might not hate so strongly if we'd stop blowing **** up. Six Canadian jets aren't going to defeat ISIS, a few hundred thousand well trained, angry middle-eastern men might; or the Kurdish if we could just convince our "friend" Turkey to stop blowing them up.

Right now the best we can do is try to help those affected by this bull****, and give training to those who want to defend their homes from the variety of scum that have taken up residence there.
edit on 8-2-2016 by Orwells Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't know how unpopular..it was part of his election platform or promises..and he won a convincing victory.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Mostly because a month after the election the Paris attacks occurred and the sheeple predictably jumped on the let's bomb somebody bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That is when the stance hardened world wide....(against ISIS).....
The jets are not going to add a helluva lot of firepower and the training may be the ticket to getting these people to fight for themselves for a change....
Ive said it before...
They need to arm military age refugees and send them back to their own country.....
Let them take care of Daesh....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The trouble with bombs is that even the smart kind kill innocents.

There is a need for boots on the ground who have serious capabilities and boosting the training of those troops will possibly have the effect needed.

That, and deep pockets for refugee camps might just slow the migrant flood into countries that don't want them. Right now, tens of thousands are fleeing Aleppo in the hopes of finding refuge in Turkey (and we know how that's playing out, don't we?).

I think Trudeau is on the right track. Countries who have done the most bombing are either running out of ordinance or killing non-combatants. *cough* Russia/Syria *cough*

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm Canadian, and I approve of Mr. Trudeau's choice to bring our insanely priced aircrafts back home.

As a Canadian, I'd wish my military would keep their hands out of CIA-ENGINEERED wars. This is not unpopular, this is popular.

What is unpopular in Canada was his invitation to all those refugees.

That it all.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I guess there is some truth to that..it didn't change the feelings of anyone I know.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good lets go back to our peacekeeping ways, thats one of the biggest reasons why canada is respected or use to be.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
they trust the to the one who fit to the task best to do the job.

I knew change is coming for good since we have this guy.

edit on 8-2-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lets all join hands and hope for the best...after all We Are CANADIAN.....

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I would like to see Canada stop Meddling in the middle east. I would love to see the US stop injecting itself in the worlds conflicts as well.

The only reason the west is being threatened by Terrorism is because we keep getting involved.

Do not send them arms, do not send them trainers or troops...

If you want to send them aid, absolutely send them food, medicine, or money that they can use how they please. The point of that is allowing them to solve their problems with help in the form of resources. It's the only way to truly help the region.

It's probably too late to do that now, as we have caused such an imbalance the majority is not going to benefit. Those who hold the foreign arms will be the only ones who benefit and unfortunately they are as radical as the group they are there to fight.

The new North American Policy on the middle east should literally be "Not our problem." Stay the # out, until that # calms down. Then send aid in food money and medicine so they can recover from the mess we helped create.

The condition must be that they can do with that food medicine and money what they please.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

the only bombing campaign that matters right now is Russia's.

how EXACTLY is that going ???? - because 2 months ago the putin cheerleaders on ATS were promising total victory in says

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I'm Canadian, and I approve of Mr. Trudeau's choice to bring our insanely priced aircrafts back home.

As a Canadian, I'd wish my military would keep their hands out of CIA-ENGINEERED wars. This is not unpopular, this is popular.

What is unpopular in Canada was his invitation to all those refugees.

That it all.

Couldn't have said this better myself. Good post.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the only bombing campaign that matters right now is Russia's.

how EXACTLY is that going ???? - because 2 months ago the putin cheerleaders on ATS were promising total victory in says

Well given that Aleppo is soon to fall to regime forces, I'd say that's how. What has NATO's bombing campaign accomplished?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well seeing as The Russians picked on anything but ISIS id say OUR bombing campaign is doing just fine....
Its the "moderate" rebels who are being decimated.....
isis IS GETTING A PASS from the Soviets....
Putin wants to secure his base with Asssad.....
Its all a pile of bull# over there....everybody is lying through their teeth....
Nobody wants to defeat ISIS yet.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join