It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actors Get Dose Of Reality At Calais Migrant Camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Speaking to the Times, Tom Bird said: "People were trying to cut through to the backstage. There were a lot of knives around. That's what really put me on edge. They were visible and out."
www.express.co.uk...

No one could possibly have foreseen this.

AT LEAST THEY WON’T BE SHORT OF KNIVES! SHAKESPEARE GOES TO CALAIS: MIGRANTS TREATED WITH PERFORMANCE OF HAMLET IN JUNGLE CAMP
thisisengland.org.uk... ungle-camp/

The Mariel boatlift theory starts to make sense.

Castro arranged for the inclusion of criminals and people with mental illness among the political and economic refugees in order to rid Cuba of undesirables and to damage the image of Cuban exiles.
en.wikipedia.org...

At least the posh do gooders are getting edgycated.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
UK has enough Knife crimes.

We dont need to import more.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ban knives.

Just kidding!

They are ISIS! Gaddafi and ISIS said they were going to do this!

Pay attention!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I'm totally shocked.

I can't believe that the migrants don't realise how IMPORTANT actors are!

Don't they understand???

Terrible state of affairs.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yes as did Dutch journalists 3 weeks ago, strange that isnt it when we are told all the time how these are poor refugees. Anyone would think the majority are criminals determined to bring their lawlessness to UK!

a reply to: Kester

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Migrants are the Meteorites. Europe is the Earth.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Could it be that British Judge who said majority werent in fact refugees was correct?

awww.telegraph.co.uk... reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The loony left.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've realised that living in a very low immigrant area has left me immune to any of theproblems of the immigration you guys are experiencing. I can't apologise for where I was born. So I just don't see the problem close up like you guys. Infact my experience of immigrants over the past 2 years has been good, but then I have spent the best part of the last 2 years in hospital. Not on the front lines like some of you guys. I don't know what your solutions are. I certainly don't have any. I hope the situation improves soon, so you can get on with your lives without this issue causing so many problems.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
.................................................................. [ standing....whistling ] ............................Just waiting for the bleeding hearts to get here. They were very vocal when this all started and said all these "refugees" should be met with open arms and open wallets. That they should be treated just like any one else and shown the milk of human kindness. Now that rape and violence is on the rise, I wonder....
That milk starting to curdle?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I've realised that living in a very low immigrant area has left me immune to any of theproblems of the immigration you guys are experiencing. I can't apologise for where I was born. So I just don't see the problem close up like you guys. Infact my experience of immigrants over the past 2 years has been good, but then I have spent the best part of the last 2 years in hospital. Not on the front lines like some of you guys. I don't know what your solutions are. I certainly don't have any. I hope the situation improves soon, so you can get on with your lives without this issue causing so many problems.

Immigration can be very positive.

The solution is just to be very selective.

Only let those in who will positively add and fit in to the UK.

A hard working Philippino Nurse open the gates. Same with Doctors from India ect

But a rabble of Knife wielding low skilled men from a culture that’s pretty much thinks rape if ok and actively rapists assimilating? No.

Not to say all people from the middle east fit that category. But we need to be very careful. Only taking those in from the ME that have documentation and have been heavily screened.

Plus Immigration can not outstrip the capability of Infrastructure to cope. Thats a huge problem and one the Past labour and conservative governments are guilty of. In many areas Hospitals are overflowing, Schools are over capacity and Housing has run out over a decade a go. Not to mention the woeful state of our power grid which Labour and the Torys should be hung for treason over.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
And thats the point isnt it. I believe most British people arent against immigration because of racist views but because of national security and the fact that our infrastructure is under such strain. Wr should be able to accept people from all over the world who have skills we need such as in Australia. We already have problems with our youths in this Country who grow up in poverty and then find it difficult to find employment, we also have thousands either homeless or living in completely inadequate housing. We then have a big problem with young British muslims being radicalised, the last thing we need is a bunch of low skilled, sometimes criminal migrants coming here to then live off our welfare system and expect something for nothing.

Time to get out of EU and start making our own laws on immigration and to have a similar system to Australia so we can choose people who will assimilate and bring aositive contribution to our Country. We can then start to deal with the enormous social problems we already have and hopefully start to deport some who shouldnt be here!a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The U.K. Does have a point based system for immigration www.migrantsrights.org.uk...

At the moment we have agreed to accept 20,000 refugees over the course of 5 years, so that won't I believe make a noticeable difference to our society. I guess it depends where you live and the ability to sustain new arrivals.

I'm well aware of the problems of grooming gangs, Oxford has had its problems here too, but to just concentrate our effortson one section of the community, is missing out on a hole load of other guilty members of society. Like a member stated yesterday, some of the most important and respected members of our society are guilty of using their power and influence to groom young people and most sexual abuse is committed by someone the victim knows, I.e a member of their family.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 I think some of us bleeding hearts are just providing a bit of perspective. There is a big difference to genuine immigration and asylum seekers escaping a vicious civil war that I'm sure most of us would do as well given the same circumstances. It's important that we don't just confuse every refugee with Isis nut bags. Most countries are duty bound by international law to take in those fleeing war zones. It's the governments job to work out who are genuine asylum seekers and who are economic migrants coming here to improve their economic situation rather than confuse an already complicated situation.

I just can't get angry at these people, knowing I would do the same in their position. The situation in Syria is hell and to risk yourself and your families lives to get to Europe in dangerous conditions they must be pretty desperate. My opinion is that there are just some things not losing your humanity perspective over.

The solution has to be in the Middle East. Europe can't deal with the problem we need a solution in the region, but things are getting worse there with Russia's indiscriminate bombing of civilians. The UN needs to step up and start creating more safe havens in the region, maybe Iraq is safer now. The sooner there is peace the sooner people can return home and improve their own countries

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes I would do the same in their position but once in Greece a safe country I wouldnt then carry on through many more safe countries to then sit in a dirty camp in a safe country like France when all I have to do to improve my situation is claim asylum in France. I certainly wouldnt be attacking motorists with weapons and threatening people with knives. How you can still believe these are refugees I cant understand, sorry!a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
that camp should be wiped and the all took back to africa

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123

thats nice dear
only one problem - the majority are not africans

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
The U.K. Does have a point based system for immigration www.migrantsrights.org.uk...

At the moment we have agreed to accept 20,000 refugees over the course of 5 years, so that won't I believe make a noticeable difference to our society. I guess it depends where you live and the ability to sustain new arrivals.

I'm well aware of the problems of grooming gangs, Oxford has had its problems here too, but to just concentrate our effortson one section of the community, is missing out on a hole load of other guilty members of society. Like a member stated yesterday, some of the most important and respected members of our society are guilty of using their power and influence to groom young people and most sexual abuse is committed by someone the victim knows, I.e a member of their family.
thing is theses are illigal you think they take a sest before cuttiong open a wagon and sneaking in aor running through the tunnel. personaly is shoot the lot

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I agree. With strict policies and careful vetting, you could control who comes in and get only those who would be an asset.. Immigration should be a gentle wave, washing treasure to the shore. You guys got hit with a tsunami.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123 by "shooting the lot" you are causing mass genocide.

I'm not really up for that. Whatever makes you happy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join