It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible meteorite impact sighted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
An alien vessel summoned by Sir Isaac Newton from beyond the Plutonian shore has finally arrived to spark a Tunguska event?

An actual vegemite meteorite?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Turns out it was a burning car..

mobile.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

mobile.abc.net.au...

Yes, but how did the car get into orbit in the first place?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

go check out the scene, find some fragments, might be valuable.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Chadwickus

The flames make me suspicious: meteorites are not hot; their surface is heated by the compression of the column of air as they fall through the atmosphere, but that heated surface ablates, carrying the heat away. Meteorites are cool to the touch! It might be some sort of space junk, I suppose, but even then there shouldn't be a fire unless some propellant ignited or something.

No, no, no, no...

Ablative heat shield of manned spacecraft are made from resin - they ablate at much lower temperatures than materials found in meteorites like iron, nickel, iridium, rocky/volcanic, and carbon materials. Thus, spacecraft ablative heat shields could shed most of the heat of reentry.

Both iridium and nickel often found in meteorites that makes it to the surface ablates at much much higher temperatures than resin heat shields. That means it retains significant amount of heat to still be white-hot upon impact.

So if you see a sizeable chunk of meteorite (like tennis-ball size or bigger) just moments after impact, all bets are off of touching it unless you want to learn something you will not forget for the rest of your life! Let it cool off for a couple of minutes, then you can touch it like a local....

edit on 10-2-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Most meteorites are stony. Only 6% are metallic.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Most meteorites are stony. Only 6% are metallic.

Yes, they are but the ones that makes it to the ground are usually metallic and you wouldn't want to touch those upon hitting the ground unless they were travelling at less than Mach 2.

If they hit the ground at Mach 2+ they'd be too hot to touch unless you let them cool down for a bit. Of course, if they are tiny, they could probably handled immediately since they will cool quickly from simply being in contact with the cool ground or soil.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

By the time you track them down they will have cooled down. I know a couple of professional meteorite hunters and they have never found a warm one.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

mobile.abc.net.au...

Yes, but how did the car get into orbit in the first place?

It was Tom Paris' pick-up truck.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Writing "shooting start" you could call a typing mistake but he actually writes it down twice.
My guess is that it' must be a subliminal confession.

My best guess would be that he was using the Car for shooting practice and shot the Gas Tank.
Hence, the subliminal confession = "Start Shooting"

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I see that obviously these S-500 work quite well against nuclear warheads:

www.rt.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join