It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Barawis, One of Hawaii's 'Most Wanted' Fugitives, Killed in Police Shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just an observation. IF I have that size ink, covering half of my face..... I'm probably going to order delivery of my food. Not to mention, being the state's most wanted felon...

So this guy, living a life of crime, on his last day here on the big globe, drove over barriers within the drive-thru and accelerated his vehicle," driving directly at an officer and ramming police cars, ultimately leading to his untimely death....

Where will the Finicum advocates stand on this shooting? Did this felon deserve to meet his maker?

Me thinks so.... what says you ATS?

A man who police had identified as one of Hawaii's "most wanted" fugitives was shot and killed by officers early Friday, according to Hawaii Island police.

Police spotted Ronald Barawis in a vehicle outside a fast food restaurant in Hilo, Hawaii, just after midnight on Friday. When officers ordered the 38-year-old out of the car, "he instead drove over barriers within the drive-thru and accelerated his vehicle," driving directly at an officer and ramming police cars, according to a statement from police.

LINK

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Just another felon doing what he sees as his only way to avoid jail...run away, or at cops in your car.

And to answer your question...

He got what he deserved.

The officers have one main goal everyday...going home to their families at the end of their shift.

That is what happens when you try to run an officer down trying to escape an arrest.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Thats interesting, coincidentally…

Barawis was profiled in an episode of local public access show "Hawaii Island's Most Wanted" that was scheduled to air Friday, the day he was killed in the shooting.

Theres multiple video cameras in those drive thrus… ?

He was asked to get out and took off. Thats when they opened up. If they had video of him driving at a police officer to 'run him down' they'd have shown it, imo.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Def. A conspiracy Worth while....

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Yah, another police action report.

Inside it states, "He was going to kill us so we had to kill him back first".

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I can add a bit of info to this case as this happened yesterday on my island, the big island of hawaii, this happened in Hilo town. the fugitive had a similar run in last week in Kona where he accelerated his car at officers, narrowly missing them, he was able to get away in that incident. he was recently paroled from a 2000 felony of shooting at an officer in Kau, HI

IDK if you have a facebook you can read from a public crime fighting group we have for our island

www.facebook.com...facebook link
edit on 2 6 1616 by creation7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Three patrol officers fatally shot 38-year-old Ronald Barawis Jr., who had a shotgun, rifle, and two semi-automatic guns within reach in the car he was driving, police say. He also had a bullet-proof vest in the vehicle.

Hawaii News Now

Heres a further depth story, he was linked to a road rage shooting that occured on Saddle road up in Kaumana city that occured on December 29th last year, two months ago, where he shot up at two occupants and disabled a toyota Tacoma that had simply passed him on the hiway

big island video news

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

this literally happened yesterday 2/5/2016 the investigation is currently active and not yet concluded. perhaps there will be video released once it is wrapped up.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

just a response to the first sentences you wrote about the guys face tattoo, I will have to add a defense that here in Hawaii it is fairly more common to see those of Polynesian decent to display facial tattoos and it isn't viewed as culturally taboo the way it is in the upper 49 states. he does happen to be of Maori decent, so it is likely that the tattoo has little to do with his personal criminal background. in fact in New Zealand it is not uncommon to see ordinary business men, politicians, taxi drivers and people from all walks of life that have traditional tattoos.

picture

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: creation7

Brah I agree being from Oahu myself the OP didn't make any sense. I don't understand why there is an issue with police opening fire? The guy is trying to run people over with his car. lol

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

this literally happened yesterday 2/5/2016 the investigation is currently active and not yet concluded. perhaps there will be video released once it is wrapped up.

Then they shouldn't say anything. That they do is disingenuous.

As soon as they walked up on his car and said get out, their guns were drawn. When he hit the gas, they opened up…. almost certainty.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

no well if you open the facebook link I posted, you can see comments from eye witnesses that comment in real time as it unfolded here.

plus given his previous conviction for SHOOTING at officers and his latest crime spree, attempted murder from the Dec 29 incident in upper Kaumana, i'd say they acted appropriately in this situation

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

plus given his previous conviction for SHOOTING at officers and his latest crime spree, attempted murder from the Dec 29 incident in upper Kaumana, i'd say they acted appropriately in this situation

What someone does in the past is no justification for gunning him down, today.

Without video we have a police statement is all.

I don't give that much efficacy for 'trying to murder cops with a vehicle'. More like, 'trying to get away with vehicle', cops murder him for refusing to comply. Is that so hard to believe today?

Where you been…

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Where are you drawing your conclusions to this incident from ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

if you take the time to read all the links I posted, you will read that he had multiple illegal gun within arms reach contained in the car and a bullet proof vest. the attempted murder charge stems from the road rage shooting that was against other people driving, not cops. you don't get on the most wanted fugitive list by being a non threat the way you are defending this guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Where you been…

I'm in Hawaii. you?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: creation7

Where are you drawing your conclusions to this incident from ?

Where are you? Oh, police 'statements'.

They investigate themselves do they? Until they get independent feed and reviewed lapel cams (never gonna happen) I don't believe anything the cops say, 'officially'.

Silly me

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm in Hawaii. you?

You were there, at the scene?
edit on 6-2-2016 by intrptr because: changed pic

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

eyewitness posts and comments facebook

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM