It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPP signed in Auckland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was really surprised I didn't find this on ATS search, so please scrap this if it is a duplicate.

The BBC reports that the Transpacific Partnership was signed by a dozen Pacific countries, including the US, a day or two ago. All the American news was about stupid Hillary, and not a word about this.

The article mentions that US politicians need to ratify it, so I'm wondering if Congress is actually going to pass something.

Rotten, disturbing, and corrupt as hell. And the poor will probably get hit the hardest, like they usually are.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Yes, many countries are included.

I found this one here it's a damn shame there are bone heads running the free world!

canadians.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
Cram a secret trade deal down our throats, and yes, we'll disagree with it!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It's becoming 'routine' for the Elite to cram anything they damn well please down our throats.

Honestly, i wish at times Aliens would land just to throw this entire planet off it's axis and change things.

People are ZZzzzz ... Nothing good ever comes from Govt who refuse to listen to the People who Employ Them! Everyone needs to grow some balls and do something about these Monkey's before it's too late. Only time will tell..
edit on 2/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10 We are all now even more dominated by ruthless corporations. Welcome back, feudalism.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

And the milk wars
I don't see the Brits who own the supermarket empire(look I don't know what's true)
Fascinating thank you for the thread
Funny enough exactly why I joined
edit on 6-2-2016 by Holdup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

The biggest joke is that the TPP was supposed to protect US trade from China's massive trade inroads.

But... Fran O'Sullivan: China looms large at TPP

edit on 6/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut the only solution to China, as well as the TPP, is to buy local wherever possible. My mother has been pushing that since Reagan.

For people interested or vexed by the TPP, I recommend Deep Economy by Bill Mc Kibben. Live simply, buy local, and try to avoid the big corporations. We're citizens, not consumers.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
I was really surprised I didn't find this on ATS search, so please scrap this if it is a duplicate.

The BBC reports that the Transpacific Partnership was signed by a dozen Pacific countries, including the US, a day or two ago. All the American news was about stupid Hillary, and not a word about this.

The article mentions that US politicians need to ratify it, so I'm wondering if Congress is actually going to pass something.

Rotten, disturbing, and corrupt as hell. And the poor will probably get hit the hardest, like they usually are.

This 'agreement' is evidence we are all sliding into tyranny because if we had government of the people by the people such a contract could not become law and be agreed to by any national govt unless it had first been passed by we the people in a referendum.

This contract will make the business community a govt above govt because, due to the penalty provisions of this contract, no signatory government will now dare pass any law until it has first been run past the TPP and got their OK (permission) for it to be passed.

However, as all of us on these forums know, no politician, who also just happens to claim they represent us, will never tell us this.

edit on 6-2-2016 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The biggest joke is that the TPP was supposed to protect US trade from China's massive trade inroads.

But... Fran O'Sullivan: China looms large at TPP

couldn't of said it better Sir

Now local farmers selling 1l of milk to the Japanese for $8 ?!?
Thanks Japan
what a world

Just watch where ur super is invested
Many NZ portfolio investments turned to rubbish
edit on 6-2-2016 by Holdup because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2016 by Holdup because: Can't spell

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut the only solution to China, as well as the TPP, is to buy local wherever possible. My mother has been pushing that since Reagan.

For people interested or vexed by the TPP, I recommend Deep Economy by Bill Mc Kibben. Live simply, buy local, and try to avoid the big corporations. We're citizens, not consumers.

I totally agree with you on this.

It is incumbent upon us to remove from office all governments signatory to a secret pact that intends to suppress democratic rights, as the TPP does.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
I wish I could have put it so well. If I start a movement, will you please write the manifesto?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut It is incumbent on us but there are two problems: citizens aren't informed... For Pete's sake this was on the BBC, not NPR, that I know of. Problem 2: Our elections, which could act as a governmental enema, are bought by the TPP stakeholders.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I found this one here it's a damn shame there are bone heads running the free world!

canadians.org...

Text

No, they are not boneheads, they either corrupt or very intimidated people.

Can I suggest to you that the word free should no longer be used when referring to the western world or any other part of the world, in the context in which you have used it.

cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: awareness10

canadians.org...

I'd like to know 'Why' you don't think half at least are boneheads?

The Word FREE I Suggest 'should' be used. Why shouldn't it?
Text

No, they are not boneheads, they either corrupt or very intimidated people.

Can I suggest to you that the word free should no longer be used when referring to the western world or any other part of the world, in the context in which you have used it. In which context do you feel i have used it that people should imply it shouldn't be used?

We as a People, are only as FREE as we believe we should be. Do you feel all Human Beings should accept Slavery as Normalacy? Or do you believe we Shouldn't Be Free in Mind or Spirit? Or do you believe we should only Believe we are as Free as our Slave Masters Hypnotize us to believe we are?

Personally i believe we are as Free as we believe we are, regardless of what we are told. Only ones Beliefs hold entire Nations Captive to Enslaved systems. If People stop believing and agreeing to them then Freedom will Come.

edit on 2/6/2016 by awareness10 because: Boneheads

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue Isn't Finland free? Maybe Iceland?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I'd say that Iceland is an Example to all Free thinking Countries who value all peoples.

I wouldn't mind moving there myself.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut It is incumbent on us but there are two problems: citizens aren't informed... For Pete's sake this was on the BBC, not NPR, that I know of. Problem 2: Our elections, which could act as a governmental enema, are bought by the TPP stakeholders.

I can do nothing about the US government or people but here in New Zealand we have had massive marches in protest.

And at the celebrations of our national day and the signing of the equivalent of a constitution, The Treaty of Waitangi, the Prime Minister and his party representatives were explicitly banned and have chosen not to attend.

The response as far as I can sense it, is that the majority of the citizens are opposed to the TPPA and consider the government's action a betrayal.

They won't survive an election (which happens this year).

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Allow me to add to this Ridiculous deal:

New Zealand's Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce = = regarding TPP:

. . . I believe this is the consensus of ATS
edit on 6-2-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: addition of dildo face slap

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join