It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I decided it's time to contribute!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi all!

I'm a first timer in a lot of ways here, but I've been reading posts on ATS since around 2003. Although my mind set and point of view have changed, ATS still has plenty to offer.

I used to love reading about various conspiracies, ufos, cryptozoology, and various other strange and mysterious subjects. These days I'm more into discussing religion, mythology, philosophy, metaphysics, psychology, and those types of subjects. I've never been religious, except for once and we'll discuss that in detail sometime, but I do consider myself inclined to spiritual ideas and concepts. I think that everything boils down to an ultimate reality, one that can be referred to as 'spiritual' but that we often miss in our day to day lives due to the many doctrinal and dogmatic trappings of society and the human condition.

I am also interested in concrete science as well. I am studying natural science and computer science at the moment and while I believe in logic and rational thought, I think that there are things beyond our current understanding. I don't believe that we have it all figured out, nor do I think that we can ever figure out everything in a potentially infinite reality. (Still waiting on the LHC to discover a multiverse)

Hopefully you guys have a good idea of the things I'd like to discuss. I hope that I can contribute my experiences and help bring a unique presence to the forums here. I plan to be serious without taking myself too seriously, inquisitive, creative, and honest. I know there are many like minds here, so let's get this awesome adventure started!

~ NTI

edit on 4-2-2016 by noceteipsum because: misplaced words

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: noceteipsum

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Welcome aboard and looking forward to seeing you on another thread soon.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You've come to the right place because we cover just about every topic imaginable. Hello and welcome!!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hello and welcome old bean.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
good evening NTI

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

2003....what took you so long?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If you stare at the sun long enough you may see the Ouroboros eating its tail. Welcome to the tail end of ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Great question!

Way back in ye olde 2003, I was just a young teen looking for answers... I wanted to participate, but I didn't think I would be taken seriously because I was so young. I waited... thought about joining multiple times... but just didn't think that I had anything of worth to contribute. I've also always been a little on the introverted side of things and posting in public forums is just one of those things that I have shied away from in the past.

Lately, I've been looking at things in a completely different way. I realize that the beauty of ATS lies in the fact that all of our members can add to the common pool of ATS knowledge by sharing their experiences. We can discuss those experiences and find little nuggets of truth about our world, about the things that the mainstream ignores. Without people coming here to share their stories, we don't have this wonderful community that ATS has become.

I'm also in the midst of making a lot of personal changes. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, and participating in an online community is just one of the ways I will be doing so.

Thanks for asking!

edit on 5-2-2016 by noceteipsum because: added the 'reply to', so that this post makes sense

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm ATS welcome!

Glad to be a part of such an awesome online community!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Welcome! Just joined myself! Gee, you already have an avatar! I haven't even decided on a background yet!

Everybody seems cool and helpful (haven't been trolled... yet! lol). FYI, if you have a thread that you want to get to the end (like choosing "recent"), the little numbers below the link 1, 2, 3,...nn help out. Select nn and you are there!

Hope to see you around!

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thanks! Welcome to you too!

Everyone does seem really awesome around here, but this is also one of the best communities on the internet for discussing fringe topics. So maybe that has something to do with the type of people encountered here.

I'm sure we'll meet again!

top topics

join