It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Forces Plane to Make Emergency Landing in Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

MOGADISHU, Somalia — An explosion and fire blew a gaping hole in a commercial airliner forcing it to make an emergency landing at Mogadishu's international airport late Tuesday, officials and witnesses said.

The pilot said he thinks it was a bomb. An aviation expert who looked at photographs of the hole in the fuselage said the damage was consistent with an explosive device.

"I think it was a bomb," said the Serbian pilot, Vladimir Vodopivec, who was quoted by Belgrade daily Blic. "Luckily, the flight controls were not damaged so I could return and land at the airport. Something like this has never happened in my flight career. We lost pressure in the cabin. Thank god it ended well," the 64-year-old pilot said.

Explosion Forces Plane to Make Emergency Landing in Somalia

Could have been Metrojet Flight 9268 all over again if indeed this is a bomb

which with that hole i don't know what else could have been.

The company was Daallo Airlines and the plane an airbus A321

Yassin confirmed that the aircraft arrived in Mogadishu after a flight from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Some 204 passengers traveled on the earlier flight, and the aircraft was on the ground in Somalia for about one hour.

I'm not clear where it was headed.

Link of pic

So lucky no one died, damn extremist wont allow us to go to the nice places of the world like Mogadishu anymore

edit on 2-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Already posted here: Blast blows hole in commercial plane over Somalia; 2 hurt.

Please continue discussion there.

Thread closed.

join