It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast blows hole in commercial plane over Somalia; 2 hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here we go. Isis already claiming responsibility, and there will be more to follow. The. Ews this evening said that it may be mechanical failure.

Maybe some of out aviation experts can chime in and advise.

IMHO, these things rarely occur, so I'm calling terrorism..

The explosion rocked Daallo Airlines Flight 3159 soon after it took off from Mogadishu
Initial tests of the damage are positive for explosive residue, a knowledgeable source says
Nairobi, Kenya (CNN)A explosion rocked a commercial plane after it set off above East Africa on Tuesday, injuring two people before the pilot landed safely, a passenger said.

Pictures from the ground showed a hole in one side of the Daallo Airlines plane, just above its wing and slightly smaller than one of its doors.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is scary news, and amazingly only 2 people were hurt. It's possible it could be an attack but it's also possible it could be an accident of some kind.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'd say bomb, put in the wrong place. It almost looks like they were trying to replicate Philippines 434 but didn't know enough about it.
edit on 2/2/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'd say bomb, put in the wrong place. It almost looks like they were trying to replicate Philippines 434 but didn't know enough about it.

And set off too early, thank goodness.

Big difference between cabin pressure equalising at 15k as opposed to 35k.

Lucky bunch of people regardless.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Yeah they were.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I read they found a guy in a field that they think was sucked/ blown out of the plane.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Do you have a link Mike? That is super interesting to me...

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Odd placement for a bomb. Looks like a window blew out. Unless they thought could just blow out a window and cause the cabin to depressure suddenly. If they don't find explosive residue around the window my next guess would be metal fatigue around the window. It's happened before and left a much bigger hole.
edit on 3-2-2016 by mash3d because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
here is video from the inside after it happened. Crazy stuff. Looks like the public is getting conditioned for another attempt at Somalia. Probably Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips wants to finally fulfill that contract? They are patient, but only for so long.

"According to documents obtained by The Times, nearly two-thirds of Somalia was allocated to the American oil giants Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips in the final years before Somalia's pro-U.S. President Mohamed Siad Barre was overthrown..." (Fineman, Mark. "The Oil Factor in Somalia." Los Angeles Times. 18 January 1993, p. 1).

Its all probably just a coincidence though, I am sure.

edit on 2/3/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

The placement in the cabin almost exactly matches Philippines 434, as does the apparent size of the device. From the little I've heard it detonated early so probably hadn't been placed yet. It's possible he was assembling it and hooked things up in the wrong order and blew it early.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They suspect a passenger in a wheelchair was the bomber.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

a reply to: mash3d

The placement in the cabin almost exactly matches Philippines 434, as does the apparent size of the device. From the little I've heard it detonated early so probably hadn't been placed yet. It's possible he was assembling it and hooked things up in the wrong order and blew it early.

To quote Achmed "New guy, tried to practice."

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

He suffered premature detonation. Did you see his face? Well you can't now, but did you see it?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep. That's Habib all over.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can't say anything about the veracity of the story but here is the link to the story about the bomber being sucked out of the plane.

What the passengers must have gone through, both in sheer panic followed by sheer joy is unimaginable.

Bomber sucked out of plane

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

They suspect a passenger in a wheelchair was the bomber.

Guy in a wheelchair you say??? Could it have been this guy???

:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Two airport employees have been arrested. They were seen hiding a laptop with the person that was killed in the explosion.

sputniknews.com...

The pilot of the plane said that security at the airport is non-existent.

www.newser.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Bomber sucked out of plane

I had wondered if that is what might have happened. It would make sense that if a person was out, it was the person next to the hole.

new topics

top topics

join