It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Back Commander , XCOM 2 Review Scores are In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And the good news is they're very good , XCOM 2 currently holds a 91/100 on Metacritic.
GT Reviews .... Review

For any fan of XCOM Enemy unknown this is great news and will help get us through the remainder of Winter , XCOM 2 could just have been an addition to the original but instead Firaxis Games look to have improved the original in every department , new guerrilla warfare scenario which allows you to pick the time of attack ,new game mechanics , enemies and a procedurally generated map creator all look to give the game more mission variety and strategical options.

The game releases on Friday for the PC Master race only

Can't wait.

edit on 1-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
# YEAH!!!!!

Spent countless hours on the last xcom game and expansion, been watching this game for a while I can't wait.

Most Excellent

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

wasted hours on X-Com EU and the expansion, but sadly I will wait till PS4 launch.

Looks good though, and I am super jealous of PC players.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If the aliens still shoot through walls and still get an an extra strategic turn via cut-scene,then I've lost hope in this franchise since firaxis took over development.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
2K Games have released this How To: Strike From The Shadows video which is presented by the one , the only , Mr Fred Dinenage .

How !

Good to see ya Fred

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Got the game after the prolonged wait and my overriding impression is THIS GAME IS HARD !
I'm not an XCom newbie but I'm not a veteran either , played Enemy Unknown and Emeny Within a couple of times over but this drops you straight in with rookie troops and poor weapons then hands your butt to you time and time again ... it's brilliant !

Forget what you learned in the other games the rules have changed , you are no longer part of a global defense force you are part of the resistance using guerrilla tactics against a superior enemy , the odds are stacked in their favour.

So far I think the game is great , it's XCom but different in so many ways that it's almost a fresh take on XCom , it feels like XCom for grown ups.

new topics

top topics

join