It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we about to experience the rise of the 4th reach?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No few reasons:
1) Trump is just a idiot not a Hitler

2) I’m still 75% sure he is just controlled opposition. TPTB knew the US masses were sick of things so threw Trump in to distract the disillusioned ones

3) The Electoral College can and will block a Trump presidency. If it is Clinton verse Trump then Clinton WILL win regardless of if Trump gets the popular vote. Only thing that will screw that up is if its a Trump verse Sanders elections.

4) Congress will stonewall and block EVERYTHING Trump would do out of sheer spite and to show the public voting against the TPTB wishes will always result in a failure.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think the fourth reich is not as near as some would think. If for no other reason than the horrors of the third are still fresh in the memories of many who saw it first hand. They are not likely to repeat such an event willingly. I think it will take more time before people are de-sensitized enough to let it happen again.

That being said, I do see a strong backlash in Europe, and other nations, against what is slowly being acknowledged as an invasion and a threat to their way of life. Some of us saw it coming, others stood strong in their belief that kindness would win out and tame the savage hand. Of course, this is about more than just migrant violence, but that will likely be the battle cry that rallies support. And support will eventually be there, in great numbers.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Yeah as if rich greedy businessmen haven't caused enough damage in this country it's time we elect one.

Bernie Sanders will be a multi-millionaire by the end of his first year if elected. Trump, on the other hand, has stated emphatically that he will not take a dime as president, already being a billionaire. Having someone in office that has no want for money versus someone who is poor (?) would IMHO, be better. I've seen too many go to DC and forget their roots after all the money, sex and power goes to their heads.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I thought Bernie was controlled opposition?

He's been doing this for over 30 years after all...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: crazyewok

I thought Bernie was controlled opposition?

He's been doing this for over 30 years after all...

I think Bernie is a honest man.

Not sure his ideas are practical in the USA though, but think he means well in his heart.

Irrelevant anyway as TPTB wont let him in the WH either.
edit on 31-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

hilarious, and probably true. the front runner for each party is just controlled opposition.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Someone has to get all the union money right?

I always just saw him as the guy who says what needs to be said in order to get the union money.

I still agree with a lot of his points but have seen ZERO progress in his 30 years on any of them...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The Redhouse Report was pretty clear: the 4th Reich has already come to exist.

With the emphasis that Trump is by definition looking like
the cookie-cutter economic populist. Some guys and gals
on the Beltway have gone as far to give that protofascist
label-- but I won't do it. Just the machine analysis for now:

There was that last general election in my state, where we
got the choice between someone obviously working for the
multi-billionaires-- and one in his own right. The voters went
right for the carotid artery and cut out the middle man.

I really do see no candidate with real solutions but plenty of
sizzle, maybe worse all the earmarks of another Weimar cooking.
Hitler led the desparate Weimar out of debt and into bondage.
s/ Great choice. /s

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I believe you are spot with your assertion, except one thing. The Third Reich was never truly defeated or dissolved, it merely went into exile indefinitely. Operation Paperclip, the Nazification of varius US agencies and policies (NSA spying) which has resulted in restrictions of our freedoms; the current administrations determinations to disarm the populace, the president granting himself the authority to execute or arrest anyone, anywhere at any time under the pretext of terrorism; the inexcusable support to the Neo Nazi regime of Ukraine, the emerging facist police state and constant media propaganda are just a few things which indicate: The Nazis did not lose WW2. They just switched sides.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Political apathy seems to be the biggest problem I can see with AMerica. Giving up on the idea of democracy (I know your a republican democracy, but it still requires political involvement in the process to let the rich and powerful take over without any resistance, rather encouragement.
Democracy, use it or lose it, there will always be ones who want to remove it.

Democracy is the only way you can challenge the plutocracy. The ballot box should be more powerful than the wallet

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Political apathy is a problem, at least for this election cycle. Not that it really matters; this election is a reflection of the failure of this system to promote capable candidates to higher office. And as the system continues to promote incompetence to high office, the reaction is deepening political paralysis. Nothing gets done; nothing gets fixed. Its a reflection of the fact that there simply aren't any "political" solutions to the US problems and that's because at this point the Corporate interests coupled with the Wall Street financiers actually near wield more power and influence than does the elected government.

Against this back drop, what's flying under the radar is a sea change in US society. The post 9/11 US society isn't anything the WWII generation would recognize. Its really hard to describe but while there's the US that's portrayed in the MSM, on the Cable News channels and the national newspapers, (all three), when you travel around the country you become aware of the change in that many parts of the US don't even feel like the US anymore; you wouldn't know you're in the US. And this change is happening FAST! And frankly........we're sort of enjoying it! In my part of the US, you see fewer and fewer US flags being flown, instead.....people fly the State flag......alone. Its amazing.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would say the Fourth Reich was born quite healthy on 11 September, in this country. Exactly when it was conceived, I'm not certain.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If the quietest, the most dignified, the least heralded and least publicised groups of people in the world have anything to say about it, we will not witness its rise, without witnessing its rapid, and uncompromising demise.

The "Never again" crowd are not a vocal crowd. They are knives in shadows, rather than blistering cannon fire in daylight. None the less, anyone seeking to raise a flag of genocide and supremacy in the west, will likely find themselves with an open trachea, and drowning in their own blood, before they ever place a boot upon the neck of the targets of their genocidal mania.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Historically, dictators are able to grab power (usually through legal means for that matter) after a prolonged period of government ineffectiveness which is something to keep in mind when cheering for congress to be obstructionist. All the pieces are in place for a brutal dictator to get into power but it doesn't always happen. We also have a few safeguards with our election system.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry until one of the following actually happens:
Anarchy for certain areas is seriously being considered.
States rights start actually becoming a thing.
Someone is charismatic and popular enough that people want to give them an exception to term limits.

The warning signs to look at right now are the expanded wartime powers Bush got for the office of President, and the ability to suspend elections if deemed necessary. That said, we're further away now than we were in 2008 since Biden has actually done a lot of work to remove the power structures Cheney built for the VP and the Bush powers are probably one administration away from removal (including Patriot Act provisions which ultimately fall under the executive branch).

Personally, I wouldn't worry about Trump. He's too old to be a dictator for long (maybe a decade, not much different from a Presidental term) and he has been way too inconsistent on policy over the years to pin him down on doing anything. His only real point of consistency is that he's a charismatic salesman that uses bluster and personal attacks to cover for his lack of knowledge and plans on any topic. Honestly he has more power now just by being a billionaire with congress on his payroll than he would have as President. The only real worry with Trump is that if as President he still has his wealth and can essentially run both the Executive and Legislative through his personal payroll+office. Failing that, he's much more dangerous as a private citizen, and since he has nearly 70 years worth of examples to draw from it's easy to see that he's not dangerous there at all. Just a loudmouth with a lot of money.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: wantsome
Yeah as if rich greedy businessmen haven't caused enough damage in this country it's time we elect one.

Bernie Sanders will be a multi-millionaire by the end of his first year if elected. Trump, on the other hand, has stated emphatically that he will not take a dime as president, already being a billionaire. Having someone in office that has no want for money versus someone who is poor (?) would IMHO, be better. I've seen too many go to DC and forget their roots after all the money, sex and power goes to their heads.

I would argue otherwise. When the tradition is established that a high level office should be done for no pay (and it has happened in many states and small towns), then the only people who are ever able to take the job are those who are wealthy which in turn furthers an oligarchical system. It's good for an elected official to need the paycheck their job provides.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Political apathy seems to be the biggest problem I can see with AMerica. Giving up on the idea of democracy (I know your a republican democracy, but it still requires political involvement in the process to let the rich and powerful take over without any resistance, rather encouragement.
Democracy, use it or lose it, there will always be ones who want to remove it.

Democracy is the only way you can challenge the plutocracy. The ballot box should be more powerful than the wallet

Mass media (especially in the US with two year long campaigns) has made politics highly emotional. There is little time to reason and debate. It's all about sound bytes and trying to score a point or two. There is no way for a candidate to have an actual indepth discussion about anything. Logic and reason requires substance and patience... two things the mass media have destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join