It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence Of Drug Use At The Calais Migrant Camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There's been some doubt as to the quantity of drugs being consumed at the Calais camp. People in a position to know have said the camp is similar to the free festivals we used to have in the UK. The ease with which aid workers have found drugs for sale would seem to support that.

At least some problem users are seeking help. Narcotics Anonymous meetings started late November.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35385232

Wherever large numbers of customers congregate in a lawless group, dealers move in and start to take control. Controlling supply gives power over the mood of the camp. We can expect the fake activists to cry foul when police move in on the purveyors of misery. What a mess.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Any population anywhere uses drugs.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

If you've looked into the Calais camp you'll know the atrocious conditions are cultivated for a number of reasons. Mainly to stimulate donations. As a side effect of the depressing conditions excessive drug use will certainly occur. Dealers will capitalise on this.

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, had a lump of white snot fall out of his nose on camera in parliament. He saw it fall and looked a little foolish. I'm sure it doesn't do him any harm. Give's him the 'edge' as one misguided ATSer put it.

Researchers have further detailed the mechanism by which high doses of coc aine kill neurons: they cannibalize themselves through the cellular process of autophagy
www.the-scientist.com.../articleNo/45118/title/Cocaine-Induces-Neuronal-Autophagy/

All sorts take drugs for all sorts of reasons. Unless you're picking them from the wild or growing them you need some sort of collateral to pay. Like donated goods for example.

The point here is some will try to stick to the storyline that these people are all poor, lost souls who desperately need a meal and a dry bed. Therefore they can't possibly be sitting around in cafes eating fine food and openly buying drugs. Yet all the foodie bloggers who visit the camp can't get over the high quality of the food they encounter. Some even saying it's the best they tasted in France.

Meth, heroin, coke and of course plenty of weed and hash. Sounds a lot like the festivals we used to have, just with a much larger proportion of the more addictive, brain eating itself type drugs.

edit on 30 1 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

My only point was that even the most civilized of societies have drug users. Just keeping it as simple as possible.

I only see this as a distraction from the real issues.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

So... What is the actual issue here? Is it the fact that there are migrants using a variety of drugs or that dealers are capitalizing on migrants? Or both.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

This is a real issue. The people sending donations are probably the same group who want UK drug addicts to have their benefits stopped, their homes taken from them and probably throw them in jail.

It is not like the old festivals in the UK at all.

Not at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I imagine Cameron and Osbourne would feel at home in the NA rave tent avin it like it was 89 again

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If I was forced to live in the Calais camp, then I'd probably be using every drug I could get my hands on too.

Welcome to reality!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Which reality would that be?
Every single person there chose to be there and they refuse to leave.
No one is forced to live there.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Come off it why the surprise? Anyone looked at the statistics for addicts in Muslim countries where they don't drink.

They take drugs instead, an example of this is Afghanistan which has 5.2% of its population hooked so why the sudden Ooh's and Aarhs?

This is just another reason why we don't want mass immigration from a culture that pious poppies itself over modesty and a lack of drunkeness - thats because they indulge themselves with rape and drugs instead.

People all over the world show that they enjoy the use of drugs or take them illegally for various reasons and many, including myself think that's their personal right and choice. With failed drug policies around the world its only government's intransigence that allows an environment - such as the Calais camp for drug dealers to manipulate and make money from drugs. Today's world is totally upside-down.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa your kind of forced to stay there if you can't get your asylum claim sorted out or it's being assessed which can take years. What would you like done with them?

edit on 30-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Nah they were to busy destroying restaurants dressed up like Lord snooty.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

They could go to the authorities first thing on Monday morning and be registered for asylum with no delays at all. They decided to break the law and chose the camp instead.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Agree, or they could have registered in any one of the numerous safe countries that they passed through to get to Calais

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If there is a growing drug problem, then there is attendant criminality.

Where do these impoverished migrants get their money to afford drugs? Extortion, abuse of their fellows and crime in and around Calais. The other main source is through donations to the camp by well-meaning people and the control of the donations to benefit the few.

It is inevitable that the camp would become a centre of criminality and control. The French should bulldoze and remove the migrants. Crime will only get worse and the people being abused will be the migrants.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I couldn't care less if they take drugs. However won't allah be a bit miffed about this?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Where do these impoverished migrants get their money to afford drugs?

Where does the average working class family with 3 kids on less than $500US clear, come up with the funds to pay their mortgage & electricity bill?

... simple answer, they find a way.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

How they get money? For one they rob documentary makers that want to tell the story of the poor migrants

youtu.be...
edit on 30-1-2016 by z00mster because: embedding doesn't seem to work

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok there is a mention of a hashish smell in the air.
Wow - surprise surprise. Afghani culture, afghani product. I don't see a problem with that.

Even WHO admits it s less dangerous than alcohol.

However there ARE disturbing phrases in the article:

He openly admits that his life wasn't in danger in Kabul. "Thank God we were always well off," he says with a smile, "I never worked a day in my life."

These 2 phrases leave me with so many questions.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Can find evidence of that in my Amazon.com order history, they sell very pretty titanium blue pipes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join