It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, i met someone who believes the world is flat.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
If the Earth is flat, and everything in the world is on the same plane, then what is on the other side?

Wouldn't the entire world experience daylight and darkness at the same time?

Where would the dividing line be? Where would the center be?

Why do we have seasons? Why are some parts of the world warmer than others? Why don't the icecaps melt?

I can go on and on but there are just too many questions that a person that believes the Earth is flat would not be able to answer. At least not with a reasonable explanation.

Ask and you shall recieve:

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I met one guy who did not believe in evolution.

I said, "What about the sedimentary layers and how you can check each layer according to the year, and find only certain types of fossils in each layer, and you can track the changes in the forms of the organisms.."

He said the higher beings/Gods, buried and implanted those so you can believe that is the case. He believes every species was created/designed individually.

I believe he was serious.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
A guy at my work thinks the Earth is flat too. He watches a lot of the conspiracy videos on YouTube about it. We debate it whenever we have free time and oddly enough we've become friends despite having polar opposite beliefs. I get that I believe in some pretty out there conspiracy theories but, as someone else has stated on this thread, I don't see the reasoning for a cover up or what it could accomplish.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Reminds me of a guy who started talking to me in the bar a couple of years back. He was going on about Bohemian Grove and worshipping morlocks or whatever. Scraps of paper with websites written on them and his ideas were scattered everywhere.

Flat Earthers, chemtrailers and Alex Jones-type guys are okay enough when separated by the internet. Meeting a lively one in real life is a whole other matter.

Also met a man who invented the internet and decoded the Enigma Device at Bletchley Park even though he was too young to have done either. He was a wedding photographer.

They are out there!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ross Ice Shelf. Palmer and Rothera. Absolute proof FE is impossible. Anyone who believes in FE I challenge you.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

This vid of the Mount Saint Helens eruption and what followed shortly after turned out to be a very large lab experiment for geologist . You might be surprised by what was found and how the different layers were laid down rapidly while the standard for interpreting these layers is usually thousands of years . There were other things recorded ant they could suggest that even the Grand Canyon may have happened much faster then what we are told .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Ross Ice Shelf, Palmer, Rothera. Proof the Earth is not flat, and you like all others ignore it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join