It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Vs New, End Times, Fear, and Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Now there is this thing I see a lot from a lot of people...why was the God of the "Old Testament" so cruel, while the God of the "New Testament" is so kind and loving.

I myself never understood the logic or reasoning behind such statements. For example, God, when referring to himself talks about his mercy and loyal love above all else toward humankind, in the Old Testament:

(Exodus 34:6, 7) . . .Jehovah was passing before him and declaring: “Jehovah, Jehovah, a God merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth, 7 showing loyal love to thousands, pardoning error and transgression and sin, but he will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons and upon grandsons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation.”

But why did he end a wicked world with the flood? Why did he vanquish nations? And he hasn't done so since the Old Testament times, I guess would be an argument, among others.

I understand the question, and realize the answer encompasses a lot more than most people realize, and it isn't an answer that can be given in a few paragraphs. You see to see the complete picture, it would be appropriate to read the whole Bible and understand it. And while no doubt many strive to do so, few are able to achieve it. And those who do really understand it, still are at a loss with some things in it.

So this is my grasp of that, and also about fear-mongering about the last days.

Firstly God is Jehovah, and not Jesus, his son. His son is that, his son. That clears up some misconceptions about him, among certain people. (Some will not accept this, and I'm not here to argue it).

According to Bible record humankind lost perfection and thus the right to live forever. and Jehovah in his loyal love toward humankind lovingly made provisions in the garden of Eden to correct things, and bring mankind back to his proper estate. Before evicting Adam and Eve from the garden he lovingly gave them to live in, he made this prophecy:

(Genesis 3:15) And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”

And understanding of this prophecy will reveal why God has reacted the way he has done throughout the ages.

The woman is God's organization in heaven (not Eve). The offspring of that woman would not be known for thousands of years to come, it was a sacred secret, hidden in God's wisdom from all. Eventually Jesus came into the world, the firstborn son of God, who emptied his heavenly spirit body and became flesh and lived among humans as a human, but perfect.

He was the offspring of the woman.

The days before the flood mankind became corrupted with fallen angels having relations with women and having hybrid offspring who spread violence and hatred in all the earth. God needed to rid the earth of such violence, and the hybrid offspring, as well as the angels who pranced around in materialized human bodies, thus the flood. Thru it survived a descendant of Adam who had faith in Jehovah and witnesses about his name to the ungodly people.

From Noah, through his son Shem, Abraham was born who had great faith in Jehovah. And it was promised to him that all the nations would bless themselves on account of his name, and that he would be the father of all those who had faith.

Eventually the promise went to his son Issac, and then to Issac's son Jacob, when Jehovah changed his name to Israel.

Now at the same time Jehovah was blessing these faithful people, and preparing the way of the coming Messiah, or Christ, Satan was in full opposition to it. He fought Jehovah at every turn.

How was God going to bless mankind and bring about blessings to all mankind? He needed to fight Satan's resistance to his purpose toward humankind in his loyal love.

God finally made a covenant or contract with the nation of Israel to keep them as his special people and gave them the law which would separate them from Satan's world. And as Satan used different tactics to try and corrupt Jehovah's people, and nations to destroy them, Jehovah would time and again both have to chastise his own people, and defend them from the attackers from outside.

All of this was done with the long-term goal of protecting a people from whence the offspring of the woman would come.

Jehovah has never changed. His motivating factor has always been out of love of humankind. When he has reacted harshly against humans it was because of justice and righteousness, and to protect his covenant with Abraham, and later on with the nation of Israel, to fulfill the promise, the prophecy in Genesis 3:15.

In that prophecy it was foretold that the offspring of the woman, the Messiah, would give the head wound, or kill the serpent, who is Satan the Devil.

That is yet future, for he yet lives and roams the earth.

Now we have come into the end times. And the wicked world of mankind will again be done away with, as was the wicked world in Noah's days. But that is not unloving on God's part. He has not changed.

He sent his son for everyone that exercises faith in him, that they might not be destroyed but attain everlasting life.

But those who refuse to bow down to his son, as rightful ruler, and a just and kind, and humble, and merciful one, will have to be done away with. Wickedness will have to be swept away, in order for the meek and humble and peace-loving people to have paradise.

Now, this is a very very condensed understand of scripture.

As for the fear-mongering. When I was younger I used to worry about the end of the world, and I did get on the band-wagon for awhile. But as I studied scripture, I realized how foolish and petty that thinking really is. And this is why:

(1 John 4:18) . . .There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love.

You see, those people who have a basic, perhaps fleeting understanding of scripture, and perhaps have a grasp on the idea we are in the last days, it can lead them into fear, and fear-mongering (like Alex Jones, for example).

But you see, those who have fear, and who fear-monger about such things have not perfected their love. For fear acts as a restraint, but love throws fear outside.

Once one attains true faith, and real love, not a false, superficial fake love, but real love, love of God, and love of neighbor. Fear no longer exists.

True, prophecy does indeed say there is a time coming when fear, a fear beyond all fears is going to take a firm hold upon wicked ungodly and disobedient mankind, when they realize what is going to befall them, at that time. But that fear is out of a hatred, and out of a lack of knowledge, and love of Jehovah God.

A true believer with faith, and with actions that back it up, has no need to fear anything. For he receives all things and is taken care of. He will never be left int he learch, and he will be protected and fed as Jesus stated:....

cont....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Jesus said:

(Matthew 6:28-34) . . .Also, why are you anxious about clothing? Take a lesson from the lilies of the field, how they grow; they do not toil, nor do they spin; 29 but I tell you that not even Solʹo·mon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. 30 Now if this is how God clothes the vegetation of the field that is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much rather clothe you, you with little faith? 31 So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to wear?’ 32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you. 34 So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.

There are survivalists and doomsayers that think they are going to have to fend for themselves, stockpile weapons, and food, and water, etc.

Jesus never said you have to do that. That's fear and paranoia. He said that this is a thing that the nations worry about. The nations being people who do not know, or believe in, or worship Jehovah through his son Jesus. And many of you make up a part of the "nations" in this passage.

But a servant of Jehovah as long as he puts His kingdom first, and his righteousness, in life, will never ever ever lack food or clothing or place to sleep:

(Psalm 37:25) . . .And yet I have not seen anyone righteous left entirely, Nor his offspring looking for bread.

Yes, poverty and death and famine are a part of life. It is because of mismanagement of governments, greed, and corruption, and a lack of love. It is because human rule is cruel and oppressive.

But those who serve Jehovah God do not lack these things. You will never ever see a servant of Jehovah begging for bread, for he takes care of his people. They do not need to worry about the things the rest have to worry about.

Scripture indicates there is a time coming when human rule will be done away with, along with its deficient way of doing things. And then Jesus will rule in all the earth. And then his blessings which he now is bestowing upon Jehovah's servants on earth, today. Including, peace, and love, and union earth-wide, will be given to everyone. For there is a time coming when no one will have to tell his neighbor who the loving and just God Jehovah is. For everyone will know Jehovah at that time:

(Jeremiah 31:34) . . .“And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”

Well, that's it. There is a lot more on my mind. But I'd thought I'd share that with those who end up listening to the ramblings of my mind right now.
edit on 28-1-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes
It's because Yahweh is not the God of the new testament. Only the Most High God and Jesus are in the n.t. Yahweh is the God of the Jews.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyesHow do you know this is the end times? Every generation since Christ has thought the same thing

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: JackReyesHow do you know this is the end times? Every generation since Christ has thought the same thing

If the complete fulfillment of the promises comes in my life-time or not, it matters little does it? It will come. And what is a mere short-lived life glutted with agitation and misery? We are looking forward toward the real goal. For if we die, will we not live again? And will not that life be better than this one?

You see a lot of people who understand it is the end times, imagine that it must be within a few months, or a few years. They don't really have love or faith. They have a morbid dread and fear. When it does not arrive when they expect it to, they return to the world, and the things behind.

But how do we know we are in the end times? It is quite simple, even Jesus said:

(Matthew 24:32, 33) . . .“Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors.

If we not seen the fulfillment of all of the prophecies he gave us there? Then we can perceive that he is near at the doors.

Those who cannot perceive the times and seasons are like whom Jesus referred to when he said:

(Matthew 16:2, 3) . . .In reply he said to them: “When evening falls, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is fire-red,’ 3 and in the morning, ‘It will be wintry, rainy weather today, for the sky is fire-red but gloomy.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but the signs of the times you cannot interpret.

Now while many expect it to come soon, we do not know when it will be, it will come as a thief upon the whole inhabited earth. And to many who are in expectation of such time, it may seem like God is delaying and allowing wickedness to slumber on, but keep this prophecy in mind:

(Habakkuk 2:3) . . .For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!

While in our minds it may seem to be delaying, it will arrive when God has intentions for it to. It will not be late.

But why has God permitted evil to linger on for so long? He answers us:

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

It is a love out of patience. Not that he is slow, rather he is patiently awaiting the repentance of persons.

While his patience is extending, should we not try to strive to find repentance? For it can me our very salvation:

(2 Peter 3:15) . . .Furthermore, consider the patience of our Lord as salvation. . .

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyesI see. Personally I don't think the world is going to end unless we make it unlivable. Through polution or war, and no one wants the world to end. No matter how evil a person is they need the earth too. All this doomsday crap is as old as religion. You are going to die, but not at Armageddon and there is no rapture either.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: JackReyesI see. Personally I don't think the world is going to end unless we make it unlivable. Through polution or war, and no one wants the world to end. No matter how evil a person is they need the earth too. All this doomsday crap is as old as religion. You are going to die, but not at Armageddon and there is no rapture either.

Agreed, that the earth will not be destroyed. The world of Noah's day was done away with. And yet the earth still exists. So obviously when we refer to the world ending, it is not the literal earth, but the world of ungodly people:

(1 John 2:17) . . .Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever.

The hope for obedient humankind is everlasting life in peaceful blissful conditions in a perfected earth:

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyesCan't wait for that!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Funny how the OT god claims to be all peaceful and loving... yet shows nothing of the sort

God is love according to the NT... but you don't see any love in the OT

Just bold calms backed by nothing

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And a God who would by human standards be a war criminal.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

For some reason I was thinking you were some kind of atheist? WOW what was I thinking.

First of all..... Star and Flag!

An excellent piece of work.

THANK YOU BROTHER - for spreading the Gospel so clearly. Who can deny your testimony here at ATS?

I am a witness that this brother is "filled to the bone" with the Holy Spirit.

Listen up people.... this what happened right here on ATS by JackReyes is clearly ......the work of God. I am sure there are others that were moved by these words. His hand and mind was being used by an unseen force. IMO I really caution all to consider your comments about God first before spewing it out here on this thread. This type of expression is very rare, and I believe this guy is pretty protected (spiritually)

I wish I could say it as clear as JackReyes did.... now I can... I will use the same words... there is power in these words.

This is some good info for all to easily understand.

If this statement did not rock you to your very core of your being than you should start worrying.... right now!

IMO this is the strongest and most powerful testimony I have ever seen on ATS.

God bless you and your family

edit on 28-1-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I am without words. Did not know, but have no doubt.

new topics

top topics

join