It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uniform opera robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
beyond cool, i know yall will enjoy this

www.sirwarp.com/upload/sony_06.wmv

here a related article

news.bbc.co.uk...

kind of at a loss for words, seeing as how i am frequently capped in the head by AI in SWBF. the flexibility and seemingly flawless cordination makes me wonder, will these robots become an entity unto themselves?

EDIT: mods please move to S&T

[edit on 8-1-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think I've seen this bot before, was it previously designated the 'Qrio' or something like that?

It's been around for a short while now, I remember reading articles at various times when they unveiled it doing something new. So far it's been shown doing tai-chi, taking penalty kicks in football (soccer to you yanks) and even running although it was only following the definition of running that is both feet off the floor simultaeneously at some point during the stride, I don't think it achieved much of a top speed but still it was a nice progression for free roaming humanoid robotics.

I love these little critters, I'm eagerly waiting their launch, not that I'll be able to fork out the however many thousand pound price tag. It's nice to see that robots are approaching their 'coming of age' if you will.

Nice article find mate.

join