It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M2 Knox: US New "stealth" MBT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The main selling points of the Knox, or the ways it will be improve the capability of the Army to dominate future battlefields, include the following:

* Dramatically increased speed and maneuverability;

* "Stealthy" design which allows it to elude radar;

* Advanced nuclear/biological/chemical (NBC) filtration system to protect crew from "unconventional" attack;

* Lighter, stronger armor; Faster rate of fire;

* Capable of firing "precision" rounds; and

* Higher miles-per-gallon rating.

www.icons.umd.edu...

*as posted by Dima in Above Top Secret 4.0 � Aircraft Projects � Aircraft Cloaking Technology

I think with this kind of MBT's out there in the battlefield, opposing armour will be in deep trouble. i think this will implement the "first look & first shot ability", as we know with its 120mm cannon you will be crippled if not destroyed before you know its there.

> enlighten me if am wrong

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Intresting tank I still favor the FCS mounted combat system over it but it's definately a starting point for the revolution in tank warfare that's coming.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
FCS mounted combat system is the future, as of now M2 Knox is the closest to the real thing,

i wonder if the latest T9X series or the Black Eagle MBT will stand fairly with it

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This program sounds like a joke to me. Some ones fantacy? are there any real details about this proposed system. If its available now it should be an off the shelf program. Whats the hull?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This may all be well and good, but it is merely an initial assessment. I highly doubt that such a program will be accepted. The main reason being that the U.S. Army and Marines, along with the Pentagon, is looking at the FCS system, medium and light concepts, and not something considered or deemed 'heavy'. If anything at all, what will likely take place is that the current inventory of M1A1's and M1A2's will be refitted, if applicable, being that the current U.S. MBT's still have upgradability. One example of such would be the current SEP upgrade for the M1A2's. Currently, engine, main gun armament, improved metals armor enhancements, and a variety of reactive-armor enhancements have been considered.
These might help to further illustrate thus?
The M1A2 Abrams: The Last Main Battle Tank?
Medium Armor and the Transformation of the U. S. Military

Besides,we already have a/an M2.....the Bradley AFV.

seekerof

top topics

join