It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Residents Told That Their Children Could Be Taken Away If...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Before 2014 Flint did not have a water problem. Whoever gave the permission to switch to save money to a known polluted river should go to prison. Now it is everyone's problem and expense, which may have been the plan all along. And the state has a $600million surplus. Hope the rich in Michigan enjoy it.

"Flint's state of emergency -- declared at municipal and state levels -- began years ago when the city suffered a financial emergency. The state took over the city's budget and decided to temporarily switch Flint's water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River as a cost-saving measure until a new supply line to Lake Huron was ready.

The river, however, was long-known as befouled. Locals call it the "General Motors' sewer."

www.cnn.com...

Male cow feces. The water is filtered and treated at Flint's processing plant. When the water leaves the plant it is safe for consumption. The problem is the PH level. The PH level is within limits, but, it is acidic causing it to leech lead from the piping. Detroit's water doesn't have the acidity that Flint's has so there was no problem with the pipes when Flint was using Detroit water.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I'm surprised this isn't in the hoax bin yet, since the headline of the story has been shown to be false.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe it shows the parents would be guilty of child endangerment by knowingly and willfully giving their children water that is poison. The city, state and community organizations are giving away bottled water and filters.
Detroit and it's environ are cess pools. Where did all the money go for upkeep?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

FLINT, Mich. — Takeisha Major and her two sons moved into their home on Agree Avenue in East Flint, Mich., on Nov. 1, 2015. By Dec. 11, Major had already received two bills from the city of Flint for water and sewer fees totaling $655.64. She refuses to pay.

“I will not pay to be poisoned,” the 28-year-old Flint native said at her kitchen table Monday evening. “It’s not just me; my children have to live here. I will not pay for my kids to have lead in their blood.”

“I am scared for my children,” she says, her tough exterior washing away in a well of tears. “It’s irritating because you never know — at any given time your child could be taken away from you by a source of water. Water!”

Dozens of Flint residents made their voices heard during a rally outside City Hall Monday afternoon. Carrying signs with messages like “Arrest Snyder” and “Water is a human right,” protesters enthusiastically tore up copies of their water bills and burned them in a small trash can.

“If I don’t pay my water bill, then DHS will take my son away,” said another, referring to the state Department of Human Services — recently renamed the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. Her son listened intently at her side.

The latter is a frequent concern expressed by Flint parents who know that under Michigan’s Child Protection Law, a lack of running water is considered a sign of potential child abuse and neglect.

You can’t drink the water in Flint, but you still have to pay for it

Yahoo News, so this is about as MSM as it gets. One particular person named and another mentioned the same threat (having children taken for not paying for poisoned water) being held over them in this situation.

I'm scouring the comments for any related specifically to the DHS taking kids but there are nearly 2000 comments and most are inane so I don't know if anything interesting is to be found be delving into them, but there may yet be.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah....so there was no problem with lead poisoning in Flint until they switched the water source. Anything after that is tragic consequences. Which now all of us will pay for, not just the taxpayers of Michigan. The residents should not pay water bill until the pipes have been replaced.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Take this to the supreme Court. This is obviously offence on a state level.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If you buy food or drink in a shop and it is poisen.
you can sue or get your money back.
then why not with water?

why dont they just switch back to the other water?
why not put some thing in to lower the acid?
Alkali !

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

I'm surprised this isn't in the hoax bin yet, since the headline of the story has been shown to be false.
That’s what I thought at first but take a closer look at the title

Flint Residents Told That Their Children Could Be Taken Away If They Don’t Pay For City’s Poison Water
Source
This appears to be true from the linked RT video, assuming that was a Flint resident. A Flint resident did say this but this is far from a reliable source. This is more likely a rant due to an overwhelming amount of frustration.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i believe if that happened in my town the citizens need to enmasse march to city hall and take over the city and REMOVE THE OFFICIALS IN CHARGE THEN HAVEE THE CITY TAXES USED TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND IF THAT MEANS MAKING LOCAL BUSINESSES TAXES GOING UP OH WELL.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Flint has known there was a problem with the Flint River water for many years...at least that is what I get from this long pdf file.....CITY OF FLINT WATER SUPPLY ASSESSMENT February 2013

From what I get, they used to do their own water, prior to 2004.
Then it seems they didn't want to treat it anymore....something happened.
They joined the Detroit water system about that time.

Maybe I missing something...or maybe I'm drawing the wrong conclusion.
YOu be the judge.

I also think it is wrong to put ANY more of this on the residents of Michigan.
Already saddled with the after effects of the Detroit bankruptcy...and the Detroit Public Schools fiasco.
I don't know what the answer is....after decades of mismanagement by at least two Michigan cities.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well folks. This is just the start of the Corporate takeover of Major areas in Michigan. For a good fictional story line to see what is happening and what will happen in the next 20 year just look no further than the Film Robo-Cop as an example.

New Orleans was a testing ground. The kinks have been worked out so now they got everything set up in order to begin the process of urbanization and Michigan is the R&D area for what will come to pass in the next 30 years. Consistent immanent domain processes for more and more open lands and squeezing out people who live in rural areas. Forcing out undesirables in urban areas to the less fortunate areas making them a burden on other states until the scheme makes it's way to them eventually yet again. The viscous cycle will keep going until the objective is achieved. Lots of suffering and blood will continue to be spilled throughout the process.
edit on 1-28-2016 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Yes, the source of this made up story seems to have stemmed from her and her comments.

There seems to be a severe lack of intelligence here....so the water is undrinkable, great...go get bottled water, it's being distributed for free everywhere there at the moment.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Which now all of us will pay for, not just the taxpayers of Michigan. The residents should not pay water bill until the pipes have been replaced.

Most of the pipes are in the houses. I agree that the water company should have to replace the pipes up to the water meter. Anything after that is up to the homeowner.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It should be a comfort to you to know that the informed has been getting water elsewhere for a year, state employees:

"LANSING In January of 2015, when state officials were telling worried Flint residents their water was safe to drink, they also were arranging for coolers of purified water in Flint's State Office Building so employees wouldn't have to drink from the taps, according to state government e-mails released Thursday by the liberal group Progress Michigan.

A Jan. 7, 2015, notice from the state Department of Technology, Management and Budget, which oversees state office buildings, references a notice about a violation of drinking water standards that had recently been sent out by the City of Flint."
www.freep.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They can always jack up the sewer charges to offset the loss from water.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
classic case of a bunch of officials trying to be legitimate?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join