It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Residents Told That Their Children Could Be Taken Away If...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Now here is what I find interesting... Flint. The city that went nuts a couple years ago when a Young Black Man committed suicide by Cop.

The fact that the city/state did not jump right away when this "news" broke makes me wonder if the lack of action is a reprisal for "hands up don't shoot"

or even more sinister...

The lead issue could have been going on before the "Not so Genital Giant" incident and the madness that followed could have have been a side effect of the lead poisoning?

CoBaZ

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

But she's not the only source. If you goto Vibe's FB page theres another person claiming the same thing. I went there & looked around, and yes she has an axe to grind regarding cps, but that doesn't negate her statement out of hand.

I think whats a massive leap in logic here is that ppl still believe that those who have power over you care if you live or die, as long as they can get paid.

I've reached the point in my life where if someone "official" is involved, I immediately assume they are lying unless proven otherwise. If that makes me a member of the tin-foil hat brigade, so be it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Cool, so you disregard Snopes but believe someone on Facebook.

Good for you!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Cool, so you disregard Snopes but believe someone on Facebook.

Good for you!

Yup, good for me!

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

A big thanks for bringing more ignorant fear mongering to ATS, it's just what we need.

Enjoy your flags and attention

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

A big thanks for bringing more ignorant fear mongering to ATS, it's just what we need.

Enjoy your flags and attention

I'm fear mongering because I don't believe sources you deem official?
sod off.

As I ALREADY stated, we don't know WHOM replied to the e-mail, period.
And we already know ppl in power don't give a tinkers damn about the health & well being of innocent families, yet I'm derided for believing someone on FB?

pfftt.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Every person in the government who was aware of this needs to be charged with child endangerment and punitive action taken accordingly. aka: prison.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

No, you're derided for parroting lies.

Melissa May did not confirm that families have been threatened, you've just shrugged this fact off and claimed someone on Facebook also said it, as if that gives the story credibility.

It makes you look like someone not actually interested in the truth, rather using it as an opportunity to spout fear and hate.

Congratulations, it worked.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Brockovich is already all over it...and it's not just in Flint.
Her fb page, for a good starting point.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

if their home "accidentally" burns to the ground, they can use the insurance money to move.

just a thought

What needs to be burning is somebody's ass in government for forcing this on the people.
Maybe Flint will rise up like are doing in Oregon right now.
Keep the feds busy for a while dealing with irate citizens.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I am not sure if foreclosure would be a bad thing at this point.
Just because they can't sell their homes doesn't mean they can't leave. Some of the people might not want to take a loss on the investment, I understand that, but there's probably plenty who are underwater, matter of fact, at this point, I'd say that most of the homes that have mortgages are underwater. How much debt has this city accumulated trying to fix this problem over the last couple of years? The lead is coming from the pipes leading into people's homes, that have been corroded by the river water. So, even if they come up with a better water source, will the lead still be showing up in the water after it's gone through the pipe? Are they going to have to lay new water lines? I'd be afraid that even if they did fix this, with all the money they have spent, along with the money they will have to spend to fix it, might just bring the tax burden up to an unmanageable level for many of the residents.
I'd just bail in other words, stop paying the mortgage, declare bankruptcy if I could and well leave. Find a new home.. leave the headache to the bank.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is a load of crap. All they have to do is to adjust the PH of the water and then flush the entire system. The current water is acidic and that is causing it to leech lead from the pipes. The water is only harmful for DRINKING and COOKING at this time.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
Now here is what I find interesting... Flint. The city that went nuts a couple years ago when a Young Black Man committed suicide by Cop.

The fact that the city/state did not jump right away when this "news" broke makes me wonder if the lack of action is a reprisal for "hands up don't shoot"

or even more sinister...

The lead issue could have been going on before the "Not so Genital Giant" incident and the madness that followed could have have been a side effect of the lead poisoning?

CoBaZ

If you're thinking of Michael Brown that was in St. Louis.
"genital giant" lol!
Autofil do that for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I be thinking you missed the dripping Sarcasm with the quotes... There so needs to be an accepted bracket for an intentional sarcasm...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I think you are mistaken. We are talking about LEAD. No filter is going to take it out. It is contaminated, and it will remain contaminated for decades.

If it was as easy as you seem to believe, the Feds would step in and have them clean it up, or perhaps they would have had the decency to do it themselves. This situation is critical. The people need to be temporarily relocated until those old pipes are replaced, and I don't see Flint having the money to do it.

This is a true (man-made) catastrophe and if the city is to survive, a federal agency will need to step in with help.

edit on 1/27/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

genital giant" lol!

If we spread the word the water causes genital giants, we might see an influx of gentlemen wanting to bottle the toxic soup and sell it on Amazon for a large profit.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Go back to sleep America.

You are free to do as we tell you!

Besides, where is the good ol EPA at in a situation like this?
edit on 1/27/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Exactly. This incident needs to have every city in the country scurrying to demand monthly print-outs of chemicals levels in the public water. But no, apathy is normal around here.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

People within the government need to be held responsible. If someone dies from this polluted water than this is manslaughter, possibly murder because the city changed its water supplier at the last minute for no good reason... now all we need to know is the facts as to why? The answer is greed........money.

Start taking these criminals out of government positions and put them behind bars...minimum 20 years for dishonesty as a local government employee and if death is involved then the should also receive death.

I believe in the death penalty and I don't believe we should feed these criminals for 30 years while they go through the appeal process. I like how China handles its murders, once found guilty take em out back of the court house and shoot them in the back of the head....... done. Cost to tax payers? One bullet.

AND politicians who steal and kill its citizens should be handled the EXACT same way. No immunity for no one.

If we had this type of punishment for EVERYONE (including myself) crime would come to almost a halt.

There are politicians in Flint, Michigan who need to be held responsible and getting fired is not payment for these crimes.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: eXia7

Exactly. This incident needs to have every city in the country scurrying to demand monthly print-outs of chemicals levels in the public water. But no, apathy is normal around here.

Agreed. In fact they should have emergency testing done asap. There is a second contaminated city in Ohio.

Anyway we can make that happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join