It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covered up Rumsfeld report admitted that Iraq WMD info was bogus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Must have been magic fairy dust that Iraq used on the Kurds then..

The term "WMD" is typically a reference to nuclear weapons when talking about Iraq. UN inspections found no evidence of an active nuclear program right up until Iraq was invaded:

In January 2003, United Nations weapons inspectors reported that they had found no indication that Iraq possessed nuclear weapons or an active program. Some former UNSCOM inspectors disagree about whether the United States could know for certain whether or not Iraq had renewed production of weapons of mass destruction. Robert Gallucci said, "If Iraq had [uranium or plutonium], a fair assessment would be they could fabricate a nuclear weapon, and there's no reason for us to assume we'd find out if they had." Similarly, former inspector Jonathan Tucker said, "Nobody really knows what Iraq has. You really can't tell from a satellite image what's going on inside a factory."

Iraq and WMDs

Of course they had chemical weapons, those chemical weapons were supplied to Iraq by Western nations during their war with Iran. I will restate something I recently said on another thread here: the U.S. and British government both supported Iraq, providing them with not only chemical weapons, but target zones where those chemicals weapons would be most effective. Don't underestimate the lengths the U.S. will go to in order to hurt Iran. Here's a few more snippets from the Iraq WMD wiki page:

The United States exported support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war over $500 million worth of dual use exports to Iraq that were approved by the Commerce department. Among them were advanced computers, some of which were used in Iraq's nuclear program.[23] The non-profit American Type Culture Collection and the Centers for Disease Control sold or sent biological samples of anthrax, West Nile virus and botulism to Iraq up until 1989, which Iraq claimed it needed for medical research. A number of these materials were used for Iraq's biological weapons research program, while others were used for vaccine development.[24] For example, the Iraqi military settled on the American Type Culture Collection strain 14578 as the exclusive anthrax strain for use as a biological weapon, according to Charles Duelfer.[25]

In the late 1980s, the British government secretly gave the arms company Matrix Churchill permission to supply parts for Saddam Hussein's weapons program, while British Industry supplied Gerald Bull as he developed the Iraqi supergun. In March 1990, a case of nuclear triggers bound for Iraq were seized at Heathrow Airport. The Scott Report uncovered much of the secrecy that had surrounded the Arms-to-Iraq affair when it became known.[26] The British government also financed a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas.[27]

The Washington Post reported that in 1984 the CIA secretly started providing intelligence to the Iraqi army during the Iran-Iraq War. This included information to target chemical weapons strikes. The same year it was confirmed beyond doubt by European doctors and UN expert missions that Iraq was employing chemical weapons against the Iranians.[33] Most of these occurred during the Iran–Iraq War, but WMDs were used at least once to crush the popular uprisings against Kurds in 1991.[20] Chemical weapons were used extensively, with more than 100,000 Iranian soldiers as victims of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons during the eight-year war with Iraq,[34] Iran today is the world's second-most afflicted country by weapons of mass destruction, only after Japan.

Despite the removal of Saddam Hussein and his administration by American forces, there is deep resentment and anger in Iran that it was Western nations that helped Iraq develop and direct its chemical weapons arsenal in the first place and that the world did nothing to punish Iraq for its use of chemical weapons throughout the war.[citation needed] For example, the United States and the UK blocked condemnation of Iraq's known chemical weapons attacks at the UN Security Council. No resolution was passed during the war that specifically criticized Iraq's use of chemical weapons, despite the wishes of the majority to condemn this use. On March 21, 1986 the United Nation Security Council recognized that "chemical weapons on many occasions have been used by Iraqi forces against Iranian forces"; this statement was opposed by the United States, the sole country to vote against it in the Security Council (the UK abstained).[35]

edit on 24/1/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, 90% of the intel on WMD's in Iraq was "imprecise" according to Donald Rumsfeld. In other words, they had no idea what was going on but they covered it up so they could have their war that killed thousands of American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. But we're supposed to be mad about Benghazi because Hillary was involved. I hope everyone who supported this feels stupid, but they're probably too stupid to realize it.

www.politico.com...

And the Australian prime minister said "the evidence is incontrovertible." I also saw on TV a dark skinned general (cant remember his name) in the US use the exact same words. 'incontrovertible evidence.'

It really is embarrassing to see and realist just how destroyed the credibility of the United states govt is. Don't these people sense that themselves????

Surely they do not delude themselves into thinking they have any credibility, Do they?

I've read an article on PCRs site in recent times that the Ukrainian people have woken up to the fact they they have been used and abused by the US and their stooge leader in the Ukraine and the US has lost that fight.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It does not matter. We the people gave Bush and his cronies permission to do whatever he wanted. Thousands died under his watch and the people give him all kinds of excuses. Way less than that was killed under Hillary and there has been trials continuously. Look at the shape of the world and look in the mirror. Our generation will go down in history like the German people in the aftermath of the Nazi's.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: AceWombat04

He is as far from a Bush supporter as one can get. He thinks of that whole administration as evil incarnate basically. ...

One day though when I asked him about the apparent deception re: WMDs in Iraq, he matter of factly said, "No, they were definitely there. We've known they were there for a long time. They were hurriedly shipped out of Iraq into Syria, with Russian assistance, before we got early special forces elements on the ground to hunt for them."

He could be right in the sense of 'weapons of mass destruction' in terms of chemical weapons. But the criminal Bush cartel (whether he knew or not is irrelevant) implied publicly and constantly there were nuclear weapons involved. Congress would not have authorized whatever it is they authorized (if they really did) on the basis of 'chemical weapons' alone and so the PR machine went into high gear. Remember the "Mushroom Cloud" over and over and over...

Please don't misinterpret my post as supporting those claims. I'm merely passing along what he said and, as I said, I suggesting taking it on board only with the largest of salt grains. No one opposed our military intervention in Iraq more than I did.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well, when it comes to politicians and bureaucrats and those types, they generally fall into the category of talking heads who are just occupying a chair and spitting out words that serve their purpose.

Rumsfeld was one of those guys who chose his words VERY carefully and yet made it look effortless. You had to read between the lines and then look between the dots in the fine print to even try to keep up with this guy. Anything he ever said was more than face value.

<< 1   >>

join