It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Responds To Noise Complaint Of Kids Playing Basketball By Lowering Rim And Dunking On Them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

he must have been ripe after the game..
LOL. That crossed my mind as well. I believe these guys wear about 30 pounds of equipment. He had to be in pretty good shape to last a full ten minutes.

-dex

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Great vid and policing - show respect, get respect works both ways; the cop is rightly being shown off by his local pr dept as this is good policing/news - the officer himself seems like a genuinely nice guy who was just trying to let kids play in a decent area after some crank phoned in a over exaggerated complaint.

As seen by the other kids coming out, he won them over, gained their interest and this is a lesson that'll stick with them far longer and have far greater positive impact on their lives and community cohesion then him going in guns blazing to a non-crime.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I know there has got to be at least a few people on ATS that get really tired of seeing law enforcement officers shoot kids in the back, put their police dogs on distraught teens, and electrocuting the mentally ill with tasers. I know I am.

No more tiring than seeing comments like the above... Good news rarely is news worthy for the media. Incidents like what this officer did are common place on a daily basis. Between the news media ignoring it and the general ignorance of people in general you only see, by your own choice, one side of events.

Sometimes its difficult to see the good when you only see what you want.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No more tiring than seeing comments like the above..
If you are referring to my comment, I don't entirely understand what you are saying. I believe that we are both on the same page with respect to the overabundance of bad press that law enforcement is getting.

For my part this is the second thread that I've created that shows the good side of law enforcement. I feel pretty strongly about supporting our law enforcement community. And though it may not be a particularly popular, I believe that it is necessary to show that cops are people too. For the most part, I believe, they want to do their jobs to the best of their ability, just like the rest of us.

-dex

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Much needed respite from the usual thank you..a great example of community policing.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wish more cops were friendlier like this.

I see cops all the time, and try to be nice to them. Say hi with a smile on my face. Or ask them a question if I have one. They always feel so put upon, and annoyed and stick up their nose. I never understood why.

I mean crap, saying hi, is in my opinion showing respect to them as it's acknowledging them as a person and equal.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Lowers the rim and dunks? No fair!

I live in a smaller town, the majority of our police are actually good people as I've experienced firsthand several times. I got pulled the other night because a headlight went out when I was driving home, the officer was really nice and didn't give me a hard time about anything when there are a couple of things he could have ticketed me for. None of the stereotypical "Where are you headed? How much have you had to drink? Got anything I need to know about?". All I had to do was be friendly as I would to anyone else.

That was a very unexpected surprise and helps me to try to look at police as not --always-- "out to get me" when that's been ingrained in my mind for much of my life.

Though being in a smaller town probably has something to do with the way our police interact with members of the community.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
SEE... even when theyre trying to be nice these white cops beat black kids

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

SEE... even when theyre trying to be nice these white cops beat black kids
LOL. That's not very nice.

The cop was going to come back with some more of his cohorts for a real game. I'd be interested in seeing how that turns out. If the Gainesville, FL police department is smart, they would follow through on the game and post the results and some images on their Facebook page. They should milk this PR victory for all its worth!

-dex

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join