It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poll on Assad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

"facts"

i cant hear you over the war crimes assad is being charged with. who cares right? as long as his regime holds some sort of structure.

hitler wasn't that bad, he had a structured state

saddam was ok, he knew how to form a regime

woops, those were according to american intelligence, they must be false.

edit on 19-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

hehe, the comparisons are not even close to reality. Thats ok, we all get it bro. You want Assad gone, regardless if it kills another million syrians, sends 5 million more to Europe, and nothing is left standing of the Secular state that once was, except the foreign cannibals and their Sharia ways governing rubble and mounds of bones on the ruins of World Heritage sites. Your answer is A.

(post by peskyhumans removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

you want more comparisons? not to mention the barrel bombs and hospital attacks

i dont want anyone to die. if he really cared about saving lives all he has to do is step down and answer for his crimes. if it takes an army to take down a monster, thats on him. its a noble fight. to excuse his wrong doings because he can run some form of crappy state is backwards.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well we can't help him take back control of his country after arming rebels to kill him, so I think its best we just leave him alone at this point.

We should've started helping him when he gave up his chemical weapons. We had an opportunity there to make peace with Russia as well, but I guess Obama's handlers had other plans.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well i. like probably majority of the worlds population, would like to progress towards peace and justice? Perhaps governments should do what majority of the people needs and wants, so work on the peaceful plan rather than conquering etc. Its already hard enough to see these top lvl people for any justice in our systems so we should not let these people draw all of us in their wars, there should be clear understanding that no matter how big some people think they are compared to any other, they should be hold as countable for their actions and decisions just like any other.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

D. Ally with Russia & Assad to end the Civil War, then leave and let the Syrian people decide who will rule themselves through elections. And of course, the West should use its influence to keep the other actors away from Syria while it chooses its own path (as in, we should stop the GCC nations from arming more "rebel groups" and reigniting the war).

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

ok hey, you wont hear any arguments from me about taking the alleged evidence and pursuing it in a court of law. In the mean time, we can just leave the country be, stop funding cannibal child slavers, and allow them to sort it out with Russia's help, which they actually want and need.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia wanted a Sunni only Syria that it could control and the Wahhabi nuts. If you want to end the problem with Muslims all over the world them you should attack Saudi Arabia that was partly responsable for 911.

But the house of Saud and Obama/Bush/Clinton/Eregodan are allies against everyone else including Sufi/Shia/Christians/Kurds and majority of people in the US have no clue how they are being played.

Saudi Arabia is dualistic state as insane as Nazi Germany was during the 2nd world war, but this time US politicians are allied to insanity instead of against it. The ones who owns the politicians in the US like it this way. Bankster mafia war. To say it in biblical terms: US have become the whore of Babylon.
edit on 20-1-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
I'm conducting a poll on what you think Anglo-American and Western European governments should do about the nominal leader of Syria, Assad.

A. Attack and depose him either by overt or covert means.
B.Utterly ignore him and let him "tend to his own business."
C. Ally with him and help him reclaim full leadership of Syria, either by overt or covert means.
D.Other(explain)

People of Syria has a right to decide for themselves not anyone else.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have a friend whose family came to the US from Syria in in the 60's or early 70's, and he has been back to Syria a few times to visit family there, and he pretty much says the same thing as the priest below and that Assad is actually well liked by most of the people.

Also consider that the "rebels" are mostly made up of non-Syrian mercenaries or even criminals from other countries that are released if the agree to go fight for the rebels.

When I heard Sen. Lindsey Graham said we must attack Syria or else New York or Charleston harbor will be nuked, I knew the US had their agenda set and everything we were seeing in the "news" wast just for show.

www.fitsnews.com...

This, along with John Kerry & John McCain saying the *ONLY* solution is to attack Syria. Then Russia comes along and says don't worry about it, we'll handle the chemical weapons, thereby diffusing the situation. We know that pissed off the US, and what happened after that?

Then if you want to get a little bit conspiratorial, there's the speech by General Wesley Clark where talks about a classified memo he saw just after 9-11, that the US had plans to attack 7 Middle East countries and destroy their governments - Syria was one of them... This tells me it has been their agenda for a quite a while.

BTW - I vote B, leave them alone.

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

I may start with believing the Jesuit priest who lived there for a half century, under Assad's rule, and subsequently murdered by "our good/bad guys" and saw how it started first hand, rather than take a CNN's producers/editors in New York being given the reports from the guys that started murdering the police when they infiltrated the protest movement in 2011. But thats just me.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
if you were a Syrian citizen being attacked by your own government, you would want someone to come to your aid. with great power comes great responsibility. any dictator that kills its own helpless people should be stopped. to be indifferent is just as bad as doing nothing, to intervene and stand up for the weak is heroic.

ethics 101. internet lurkers are USUALLY the worst of humanity. you might as well have asked how you want the Syrians to die.

a basic knowledge of history should be mandatory. remember what the french did when the red coats ruled the colonies? most people dont

Kaddafi killed many of his own people and even sponsored (at one time terrorism).. Those who did not oppose him in the country he ruled had one of the highest standards of living in the whole region. Most literate and well feed..

With deep rooted tribal connections in many parts of the world without a despot strong man in charge all you have is what you have today in Libya, Yemen, Iraq, and many many countries of Africa as the different factions are at each others throats. I would be willing to bet the average Libyan would vote for the old days and Kaddafi over what they have now ....don't yah think ?

Syria is no different .. Get rid of Assad and watch even bigger better killings begin.
edit on 23-1-2016 by 727Sky because: watch

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

The PTB don't give a toss about Assad or his politics or his actions within Syria...they do care about gas pipelines and geopolitics of the region though...a lot.

Assad is the focus, $ potential and hegemony in the ME is the target...but don't look at the weird guy operating the levers and pushing buttons behind the curtain.

So for me..the option is a resounding B...leave the hell alone and mind our own bloody business. We have enough crap in the world to worry about without inventing new crap to add to the existing lorry loads of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
I'm conducting a poll on what you think Anglo-American and Western European governments should do about the nominal leader of Syria, Assad.

A. Attack and depose him either by overt or covert means.
B.Utterly ignore him and let him "tend to his own business."
C. Ally with him and help him reclaim full leadership of Syria, either by overt or covert means.
D.Other(explain)

As a Christian I choose B.

If the secular state governed by Assad falls then we will probably see the genocide of the Christians of Syria just like happened in Iraq after Saddam (another Christian protector) was removed by the West. I can not support the elimination of Christians in their heartland of the Middle East just because the West wants a pipeline and a new push against Russian influence. My only problem with this will be Israel facing Iran on its border if things go Assad's way and that can not be a long term route to peace, but as a Christian I have to go with B.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
C.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join