It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian mothers, wives take up the fight against ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I feel as though this is worthy of it's own thread. Not because of the 'Christien" element, but because they are sick and tired of ISIS and the #. I find it courageous and a big hats off. I wonder if more people would take to arms against those b@st@rd huck feds, (IsIs, Isl) and fight fire with fire, if it would make a dent?

The second class of the all-female Syriac Christians Brigade proudly took its place earlier this month on the front lines in the fight against ISIS, whose own increasing use of women as suicide bombers offers a sharp contrast between the two sides’ visions.

Known as the “Female Protection Forces of the Land Between the Two Rivers” – in reference to the stretch of traditionally Syriac-inhabited land between the Tigris and Euphrates, the all-volunteer unit consists of Syrian mothers, wives and professionals who pray in Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.

"I'm a practicing Christian, and thinking about my children makes me stronger and more determined in my fight against Daesh (ISIS)," one fighter named Babylonia, who graduated with the first class in December, told AFP. She said her husband, also a soldier in the same war, encouraged her to leave their children behind to fight for their future – and "against the idea that the Syriac woman is good for nothing except housekeeping and make-up.”

Link

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is that because of all the pansy men that won't fight but instead flea the country to Europe to grope their women there?

Are the radicals just that good at turning all of the men who are willing to fight into insane terrorist?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good on them

Any group like these brave women that have the stones to stand up to those cowardly SOB's are heros in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

They have no choice! All the men left!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Is that because of all the pansy men that won't fight but instead flea the country to Europe to grope their women there?

Why can't women fight for their beliefs?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

They can fight for whatever they want but women aren't made for war men are that's why their bigger, full of testosterone and have the attitude for it.

Nature didn't intend women to be fighting wars or they produce testosterone and have bigger thicker bone structures built for it like men.

God what is this PC crap were always having to confront in today's world?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

They can, and San Bernardino and France (among others) proves that.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They have no choice! All the men left!

Yeah..... that's another story for another thread. There are groups like christian and gay men don't get to leave though, they are rounded up and slaughtered.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is sad for a few reasons. Women forced to leave their children to fight in bloody war. What a depressing read.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
This is sad for a few reasons. Women forced to leave their children to fight in bloody war. What a depressing read.

Yeah exactly start by a bunch of radicals from both ends of the spectrum, banking and military industrial complex interests and oil interests! It's got nothing to do with them yet they are forced to fight the war because of our selfishness!

We need to stop acting like monkeys.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I hope they kick their men's butts when they come back. Make them wear a burka for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Ghost147

They can, and San Bernardino and France (among others) proves that.

Exactly. Roman soldiers found that out when they invaded the Celts...

“…a whole band of foreigners will be unable to cope with one [Gaul] in a fight, if he calls in his wife, stronger than he by far and with flashing eyes; least of all when she swells her neck and gnashes her teeth, and poising her huge white arms, begins to rain blows mingled with kicks, like shots discharged by the twisted cords of a catapult”. Ammianus Marcellinus

"A Celtic woman is often the equal of any Roman man in hand-to-hand combat. She is as beautiful as she is strong. Her body is comely but fierce. The physiques of our Roman women pale in comparison." Unknown Roman soldier

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I worked with a beautiful woman ( she was on our SOT team ) she was 100% in weaponry and a sharp shooter. She was also proficient in mui thia, just jitsu and an all around bad @ss. I would take her for a backer over any dude, anyplace. ...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow
Can't believe all the love for these women.
I guess there is no animosity or hate towards Christian women who kill

Where is all the religion and violence heat.
Where is all the Christians can't kill bitterness

What's with the kind words, I don't get it

I do get it, it's you all think these women are oppressed, standing up for themselves is a good thing
Funny I always thought in some ways The Middle East was oppressed by the West, Isis stood up for themselves like these women

My question
If these women are acting contrary to Christs teaching are they really Christian?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

God what is this PC crap were always having to confront in today's world?

To quote you:

"Is that because of all the pansy men that won't fight but instead flea the country to Europe to grope their women there? "

This line suggests that you believe women cant and/or won't fight unless men are 'pansy's' or have left the area.

It's not a matter of being PC or not, it's just that your comment suggested a close minded view.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I hope they kick their men's butts when they come back. Make them wear a burka for the rest of their lives.

You mean like this?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

So what's your point?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

My view is not close minded it's realistic.

Women are built different than men for varying reasons.

It's so freaking obvious.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

My view is not close minded it's realistic.

Women are built different than men for varying reasons.
rIt's so freaking obvious.

You are overlooking one teeny tiny fact about women;

They are naturally maternal and nurturers of life. It's nature's way of ensuring that our fairer sex can raise children well. As in care for and raise a tiny baby - not gender sterotyping of a woman chained to a kitchen sink here at all....

When a woman overcomes this, she becomes one mean mofo of an enemy. As they say, hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned.

Look out ISIS!

edit on 18-1-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

115 lbs of fury!

I love women trust me I do, but after 14 years of combat sport experience I assure you there are massive differences in anatomy! There is a reason why these women are fighting and it's because their men are either gone or aren't!

Nature made them nurturers! You said in yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join