It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend it like Beckham

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I recall a friend of mine years ago that, when purchasing a scratch ticket, would hold it reverently in his hand, and state that whether it was a winner or not, was undefined until he scratched it.

I used to laugh at that, until I started learning about quantum mechanics, and the paradox of Shrodinger's cat.
Who is to really say what is correct?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: crowdedskies
My life has drastically changed for the better by simply using my will to shape my destiny.

Sounds like all vanity/imagination/ego!

In that case, why don't you go out there and do what I did with a strong will. For a start try and acquire six properties in the space of 6 years without even a deposit to start with. I will not even bother mentioning other mundane achievements. All these just to have a solid platform to pursue my spiritual objectives.

Yes, I know . Your are not interested in material things.

I can see that you are just a cynic hippy and a loser. I would never accuse anybody on ATS of imagining things and exalting their ego and vanity like you accused me of. Hence I give back to you the same contempt that you seem to display here.

edit on 17-1-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I recall a friend of mine years ago that, when purchasing a scratch ticket, would hold it reverently in his hand, and state that whether it was a winner or not, was undefined until he scratched it.

I used to laugh at that, until I started learning about quantum mechanics, and the paradox of Shrodinger's cat.

That's the point I am making. the scratch card number is actually undefined. You friend could indeed win and "make" the numbers appears. Everything is undefined until he scratches it.

It is not necessary to think of QM either. In the esoteric teachings (occult) , it is accepted that you can manifest what you wish.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ask any pool player or baseball pitcher..it's physics, put a spin on a ball and it will curve. It's a matter of practice to do it well and predictable.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Ask any pool player or baseball pitcher..it's physics, put a spin on a ball and it will curve. It's a matter of practice to do it well and predictable.

If you really ask them, they will tell you that they will it to go in as well as the spin. Try and remember when you played.

Don't get me wrong. I know about the spin in pool and football , as I play both. However, the spin by itself will not win you the match. It will curve the ball ; make it even go backwards in pool. It is the player willing the ball to go in that make the difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I have seen some unbelievable pool shots..maybe the power of intention is part of the formula.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I have seen some unbelievable pool shots..maybe the power of intention is part of the formula.

For me, the power of intention (or the will as I put it) has to be part of the formula. It is what makes one win and the other lose.

A bit like two witches out-staring each other really

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

For those not familiar with the expression "bend it like Beckham !", it relates to the english footballer David Beckham and his ability to curve a ball around the defending wall and hit the back of the net.

In other sports, you see the same thing. For example, in Golf , Billiards or Pool you will see players getting the ball to do unbelievable things.

It also evident in athletics and gymnastics too where time and space are manipulated to achieve extraordinary feats. I remember my schooldays when high jump , Pole vault and 110 metres hurdles were my favorite events. I particularly remember the High Jump ; where I would rehearse the run up and the jump in my mind . Then I would actually do it and ,strangely, time would appear to slow down as I manoeuvred over the bar and straddled it .My will would "push" the bar down to create clearance and I would also be able to "freeze" the action is a nano second and adjust my height as an act of will.

I remember seeing a documentary in which olympic divers were explaining how it felt like they were slowing time in order to get in all the summersaults and moves before hitting the water. In another documentary , a high jump athlete was explaining the process of rehearsing the "successful" jump in the mind second before committing.

Skeptics will say it has all to do with positioning techniques (how you hit the ball; how you move your body, etc) but I don't agree . I believe the technique is just the ritual and it is the Will that achieves the objective.

I am just using sport as an example of mind over matter. This can be achieved in any sphere of life. It is a question of getting the Will to bend matter. For the scientifically-minded think of Quantum Mechanics ; where matter can be either a wave or a particle and it depends on the observer. Nothing is pre-ordained or objectively shaped until someone exercises their will.

My life has drastically changed for the better by simply using my will to shape my destiny. It is quite tragic that, despite the fact that we are all endowed to change our environment with our Will , very few of us give it a try.

*SNIP*

Paricipation by all members and their opinions are welcome in all threads on ATS. Who may post replies may not be limited to any group.

Everyone has their own strengths and particular techniques to improve their lives and the lives of others. For some , it is using the will to bend waves that make up matter. For others, it is playing with the astral matrix . There are numerous other techniques that many of us use without realising. I cannot go into all of it in this thread.

Those who are sucessful in achieving their objectives as per above methods are sometimes not sure how it all fits into the Magical System . They have some problem trying to reconcile their natural abilities with what they read in Esoteric teachings. For you , I have this to say :-

Keep you natural talents (whatever they may be) and try to place them where they belong within a bigger framework. For example , you can use the Qabalistic framework. It would suit the western mind because it does have a bit of dogma in it. That is to say, do not lose your talent but make it stronger. It will help you when you advance to a higher stages.

So , go on and keep bending it...like Beckham !

Great for shipping rocks too.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

That's the point I am making. the scratch card number is actually undefined. You friend could indeed win and "make" the numbers appears. Everything is undefined until he scratches it.

It is not necessary to think of QM either. In the esoteric teachings (occult) , it is accepted that you can manifest what you wish.

I do not think that the effects are granular enough, to say that everything concealed is undefined, but quantum effects would most likely show it statistically as a weighted average, if we could keep such information.

As far as occult, until it marries up with science, I don't go there. I know that there is a effect, and there are many unusual things, but they are undefined as well.

There is hope out there, however, that science and spiritualism are making strides in some areas, and people are speaking about it in what used to be purely scientific venues.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: heterodox

Oh I know about perceived time and it's slowing due to certain circumstances.

My point was about curling a ball, spin on a cue ball and the like.

English for both really. I tweaked time a little just to show what I'm holding.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There is hope out there, however, that science and spiritualism are making strides in some areas, and people are speaking about it in what used to be purely scientific venues.

Yes, that is very encouraging

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's really good stuff so far that I've uncovered. Imagine the strides we'll be making once we get some smart people all up on this #.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

It's really good stuff so far that I've uncovered. Imagine the strides we'll be making once we get some smart people all up on this #.

I did not mean it is encouraging in the sence that we would have "smart" people from the scientific community on the case.

I meant encouraging in the sense that Science was finally catching up and making up for a lot of wasted time and money.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

I did not mean it is encouraging in the sence that we would have "smart" people from the scientific community on the case.

I meant encouraging in the sense that Science was finally catching up and making up for a lot of wasted time and money.

Science is cut dried and clearly documented. I am referring mostly to those who didn't jackmove universal planes and nearly cave hell in on itself to defeat death and steal another universe. "Like a thief in the night"

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I am enjoying your thread. Giving a star and flag... and moving along to continue reading all the replies.

leolady

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

I am enjoying your thread. Giving a star and flag... and moving along to continue reading all the replies.

leolady

Thank you.

The OP contains half the information I wanted to put down. The other half will come from the reader.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss
I can see that you are just a cynic hippy and a loser. I would never accuse anybody on ATS of imagining things and exalting their ego and vanity like you accused me of.

Yeah, that's typical symptomatic behavior for a threatened ego!
Perfect symptoms to prove my point!
Ad-hom attacks usually come first, because there is no 'substance'!
And you would never notice it because you are living right in the middle of it!
Other than your oh so subjective assertions, which anyone with the least intellect will examine critically, but you cannot seem to stand that.
Another symptom of vain beliefs.
So you attack and dismiss me.
How boring.
Whatever, Mr God, please don't turn me into a frog! *__-

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I think the cod-quantum stuff is all guff but I don't think it's just physics either.

If you watch someone like Ronaldinho in his prime, his thinking and reactions that everyone around him seems to be in a different inertial frame.

My money is on being able to see, think and act more clearly than others. Then the physics comes in.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
a reply to: TerryDon79

I think the cod-quantum stuff is all guff but I don't think it's just physics either.

If you watch someone like Ronaldinho in his prime, his thinking and reactions that everyone around him seems to be in a different inertial frame.

My money is on being able to see, think and act more clearly than others. Then the physics comes in.

That is the thing about quantum mechanics. Proven theory, and so many items and discoveries based upon it.
One of the kingpins in the theory involves the power of observation and intent. We do not presently understand how to quantify the results but it holds that intense concentration does indeed create reality. After all, what is skill, other than the result of intense concentration, practice and will.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join