It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lurker since 2007 is finally coming into the light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm your typical mid 20s 'Murican. I drink and smoke too much. I'm a misanthrope. I recently had a horrendous break up. However, this site has been a source of sanity, oddly enough, in my times of sadness. I have come here for my favorite topic of The Tunguska Event, to the breaking news that breaks before (seemingly) anywhere els. The core of the community are sound minds with either empathy or a strict personal code, either being quite admirable. People de-railing topics has happened since the dawn of the inter webs, even if forums weren't classified as such. I see it more often now though. Through all of this, I still see the same devoted members of this site, as well as newer members, continue to fight for intellectualism and rational, civil debates. Thank you ATS. I am in forever in the debt of the site and the wonderful members that help the cog to turn.

I come out of lurking, because quite simply, I need more on my plate to distract me from my personal life. Hello everyone, and I hope I can bring some critical thought here that impacts other's.

Platypus

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PlatypusHerd

Glad you came out of lurking status to join us. Welcome!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing your story. Breakups suck. I hope things get better for you. I'm so glad you found a refuge of sorts here.

Welcome!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Wipes the Doritos cheese dust from his shirt.

Welcome to ATS

We have lots and lots of people here who are all going off in different directions, /sorta like herding kittens.

Mumbles something to himself, spins around a few times and walks off into the darkness...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thank you and thank you and thank you. Holy moly I have Slayer himself commenting on here
that was someone I was specifically referring to lol. Break ups suck and all, and I know it takes time, but the time spent getting over is the toughest spent. I love this community. Thank you all

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Welcome.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Onequestion, you're another member I referred to. You always seem too poignant and concise. I envy you

edit on 15-1-2016 by PlatypusHerd because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This site has been a source for sanity ?? , Just wait around for a while and normal service will resume shortly PlatypusHerd

Welcome to the site

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlatypusHerd
Onequestion, you're another member I referred to. You always seem too poignant and concise. I envy you

Oh don't envy me my friend!

It's a curse.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
An attempt at humor, s.william, but honestly, all this bizarre and weird news and facts and debate, helps me to calm myself and to create coherent and healthy thoughts. Can't explain it!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: PlatypusHerd

Oh don't envy me my friend!

It's a curse.

Hmph. Wanna switch lives for a week? Hehehe

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sure! I'd love to expand my perspective!

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sure! I'd love to expand my perspective!

I think both of us will be mentally and physically shocked xD

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I've seen a lot in this short period of time. I'm very empathetic towards my fellow man. At a young age I was exposed to the ways of this world and it forced me to grow up in a world where if I didn't learn to accept, understand, and forgive people I would Have been completely consumed, and I was for a long time.

A lot of things changed when in first woke up. I had to literally rethink and relearn everything I was taught and thought.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I've seen a lot in this short period of time. I'm very empathetic towards my fellow man. At a young age I was exposed to the ways of this world and it forced me to grow up in a world where if I didn't learn to accept, understand, and forgive people I would Have been completely consumed, and I was for a long time.

A lot of things changed when in first woke up. I had to literally rethink and relearn everything I was taught and thought.

Not to seem "high and mighty", but I was cogniscent at a very young age. My mother, as my father wasn't present, taught me wonderful ethics and ideals. She also, most importantly, taught me the value of critical thought. She also taught me THE VALUE OF QUESTIONING WHAT WE ARE TOLD. My mom is wonderful. Without questions, what would the world become? Worst RPG ever lol

edit on 15-1-2016 by PlatypusHerd because: grammar nuuuuu

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The search funtion here is great for reading through old threads from years gone by and a great way to pass days if you want to but it is great to get out in the real world sometimes

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Lol.

That's good I'm glad! I look forward to seeing your contribution.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thanks Stoner.W, but as my title clearly shows, I have been coming here for the better part of 9 years. I find it a little off putting for you to say "go out in the real world", but I get it. I work as a store clerk, and have constant interaction from every kind of person. It's not that I need to go into the real world, it's that I need real life friends to go out with lol

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I hear you , I am a totally different person a hermit at heart and shun going out as much as possible , working with the public is a big no no for me it gives me shivers just thinking about it .

The Tunguska incident is a old one of mine especially Dr Valery Uverov,s take on it from the Nexus articles from 07=or 08

found it www.nexusmagazine.com... s-valley-of-death-part-2-4-deta

edit on 15/1/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I hate people, but unfortunately, am astoundingly good at playing nice lol. thank you for the Tunguska insight!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join