It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Get ready for another government created crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's time rush to your local market and once again stock up on bottled water and canned foods. Are you ready for the new crisis? Well apparently the U.S. government is. According to President Bush and his commission of 'highly educated and motivated individuals', there is a crisis looming over American soil. Social Security. Or at least that�s the manifested agenda they are trying to push on America. In reality, our Social Security is the healthiest it�s ever been. Political tricks. Got to love them.

www.alternet.org
Actually, the passage of time is not required for proof � look around. The Bushies are about to launch a $50 million to $100 million dollar propaganda campaign to convince us the Social Security system is in crisis. Actually, it's not. It's quite robust and has astonishingly low administrative costs, less than 1 percent.

According to President Bush's own Commission to "Strengthen Social Security," the administrative costs of keeping track of private accounts will be 10 to 30 times the cost of administering the current system.

The Social Security System is in no danger whatsoever of going broke, or even of having to pay out less than full compensation for at least 50 years. There are any number of statistical models and premises one can argue about here, but when the administration begins with a premise that requires fixing Social Security based on an extrapolation to infinity, you know you are not dealing with people who argue in good faith.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Problem - Reaction - Solution. The most efficient method to control a society. A problem is created. The government waits for a reaction from the population. A solution is then created and imposed to 'fix' the simulated problem. It's worked effectively throughout history.

And without our intervention, it will happen again.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was thinking the next "crisis" may be domestic terrorism, that way the government solution could be the disbanding of militias that would oppose the government, but this ones probably good too.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I was thinking the next "crisis" may be domestic terrorism

They are already ahead of you. Remember a little date in September of 2001? Problem - Reaction - Solution. Works every time.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is news? Molly Ivins is not a reporter. She's a left-wing politcal columnists. This is opinion, not news. What's going on here?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I mean more like OKC but bigger, not foreign terrorists, but domestic. Drum up public support to disband local militias.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Some water with that, or will you swallow it dry?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Good post Simulacra. Thanks.

....IMO the real crisis is that word's getting out that Social Security was incorporated as a "General Corporation" in Delaware when Daddy Bush was President.

"THE SOCIAL SECURITY CORP., DEPT. OF HEALTH, EDUCATION & WELF" File Number is 2213135; the Incorporation Date is 11/13/1989. The Registered Agent for the US Social Security Corporation is HARVARD BUSINESS SERVICES, INC., located at 25 GREYSTONE MANOR in LEWES, Postal Code 19958, Phone (302)645-7400.
www.state.de.us...

The New World Order needs nations and government agencies to be incorporated, so that corporations are on an equal legal footing with nations. ...The US Federal Reserve was incorporated in Delaware as the �Federal Reserve Association� on September 13, 1914 as a �nonprofit religious� entity, File No. 0042817; the Registered Agent is �Delaware Business Incorporators, Inc.� located at 3422 Old Capitol Trail Suite 700 in Wilmington; the Postal Code is 19808, phone number (302)996-5819.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC. was incorporated as a �religious non-profit� corporate entity in Delaware on April 19, 1989, File No. 2193946, also when Daddy Bush was President.
www.state.de.us...

Things are moving along for the NWO: many more US departments and agencies also have been incorporated and of the world's 100 largest economies, 51 are now global corporations, rather than countries - and that's just what's publicly recorded. The really big boys hide their real assets.
www.corporations.org...

NOTE: Searching the Delaware Records site is a bit tricky - look in the text's paragraph for "Click Here," then follow the cues. ...DON'T use the "search" function - it won't get results.

FYI Grady - it's all news to most Americans.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Good thread, I have been following the government manipulation of our social security and I will tell you that already is a very big opposition from the elderly in this country.

As long as they fight we will be pretty much safe.

The new called reform is not going to affect so much the young or the ones that are already receiving their checks but the people like me and my husband that are caught in the middle.

The government proposed to keep taking the same amount of money but at the time of social security age we will receive less money.

The rest of the money? to pay for the deficit or that is what the administration said.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
FYI all - more news, not opinion:

"Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid, right, accuses the Bush administration of manufacturing "crises" to suit its own political ends."

From MSN: "Bush paints his policy goals as 'crises'
President reprises tactic in Social Security battle"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

...and again - the real Social Security crisis is that the public is about to learn Daddy Bush already incorporated the department in 1989 as a 'General Corporation' - without informing the American people.

The shrub is just here to hide the evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Molly Ivins is a Shill for the far left and is cannot be taken seriously as a reliable source of information.

The Social Security System is in no danger whatsoever of going broke, or even of having to pay out less than full compensation for at least 50 years. There are any number of statistical models and premises one can argue about here, but when the administration begins with a premise that requires fixing Social Security based on an extrapolation to infinity, you know you are not dealing with people who argue in good faith.

Molly being one of those who believes unlimited taxs and fees for government programs fails to mention that her premise of a healthy program is based upon money that has already been largely spent by the government. Sure they wrote bonds that are in essence IOU's but to believe that the government is good for the huge bill that is to come due is naive or posited in the idea that two workers paying exorbinately high FICA can indeed support a retiree.

This article should most definately be in the OP/ED area if it is even considered news of any sort.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

This article should most definately be in the OP/ED area if it is even considered news of any sort.

The quoted articles says, "According to President Bush's own Commission to "Strengthen Social Security," the administrative costs of keeping track of private accounts will be 10 to 30 times the cost of administering the current system. "

...You don't think this is important news? Or is it just that the real information doesn't toe the party's propaganda line?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

The quoted articles says, "According to President Bush's own Commission to "Strengthen Social Security," the administrative costs of keeping track of private accounts will be 10 to 30 times the cost of administering the current system. "

...You don't think this is important news? Or is it just that the real information doesn't toe the party's propaganda line?

No not really

Cato

The $2 trillion "transition cost" is not a new cost; it is simply turning an implicit cost, future promised benefits, into an explicit one. It is akin to refinancing a mortgage and paying down some of the principal today to lessen the monthly payments in the future.

I want control of my own money and if an accident were to occur I want my money to be available to my family.

If we need a safety net for the indiginent and idiots that did not save anything for retirement then lets have that and means test it.

This current program is nothing but a big fat trough for politicians to slurp from while buying your vote.

ITS FRAUDULENT

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh, please...

Everyone knows that SS will collapse in about 15 years or so if nothing is done right now. Liberals are just pissed because, lo and behold, the largest program they ever set up is built on flawed principles.

Let's break this down: The SS system is essentially a pyramid scheme. People in it can only get their money back if new keep joining in broader numbers. Now, in the 1930s, there was something like 30 workers for every retiree. The system worked then because all those new/existing workers could support the retirees. Now, however, you have something like 5 workers for every retiree.... and that discrepency will just become greater as time goes on.

So, guess what... the system can't work as it is. People in my generation, if things don't change, have ZERO chance of seeing any of their money. One way or the other the system will collapse... better to at least privatize some of it now before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen to Social Security...when the NWO actually creates a CASHLESS society...using a credit (or debit card) based system (I am not sure which one)...?

It's not too bad...however, this act will take out some freedom from people/spenders...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whoever posted this story, I really like how this guy thinks

Sorry to say 'I told you so but...'

new topics

top topics

join