It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Doesn't Vote To Audit Fed After Co-sponsoring Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Rand Paul strikes at Cruz for not showing up to vote.

Audit The Ted

edit on 19-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well the bill is not about auditing the fed or not. It was about admending the law under the guise of more transparency. I'm not familiar enough with the process to make an informed response on the ramifications the changes would entail.

I know part of it includes removing protecyions for inter-departmental emails, which imo injects privacy concerns without reasonable suspicion of illegal activity.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: infolurker

What a cop out! He didn't go because he knew it would fail and had better things to do?! Screw this guy!!

I certainly don't blame him since he's running for President. The only way the fed is gonna get audited is when there is little opposition to it, Obama would certainly oppose it. I'd rather he focus more on beating the other candidates and replacing Obama and then working on the fed.

There is already a law and procedure in place to audit the fed, title 31 of the u.s.c article 714. This proposal removes part of section b and admends section f. Even without this bill passing the fed still gets audited.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Point is, it's about the Fed and Cruz didn't bother to show up to vote on a bill he cosponsored.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Forget Cruz, I want all those Democrats lynched. Assuming there weren't any riders, voting against this bill is unforgivable.

Considering you obiviously haven't read the bill, might want to hold off on crucifing anyone based on assumption. Especially since there is already a audit procedure in place and this is merely an attempt to slightly alter the law in place.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Oh I agree on that point. Its kind of an odd one to sit out since it really seems more of a symbolic vote and the timing right before Iowa. Ironically, it is Rubio who takes flak normally for missing votes. Its also little gestures like these that should Cruz win the presidency, makes it awfully hard to gain support from either side.

I was more or less trying to set the record straight for anyone who thought there were senators voting against audits completely, since that was a theme I saw forming in the thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That vote is so ridiculously partisan. Party rivalries seem to be placed above the will of the people here. The last Rasmussen poll I saw said that 74% of Americans wantd the Fed audited.

Just this vote would suggest to me that the status quo in Washington must not be allowed to continue.

As for Cruz not voting, I hope it is because he couldn't as opposed to wouldn't. Does a senator actually have to be present to vote?
edit on 19/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Cruz is not under the thumb of the bankers. The presidential run may he caused him to receive even more "instruction" for that group. Money get what it wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join