It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason the government wants a 15 dollar minimum wage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jitombe
a reply to: matafuchs

Interesting way to look at it, from a govt getting more $ in taxes point of view. I'm still very much against minimum wage going up to $15/hr. Main reason is that pay is supposed to be based on the scope and complexity of your work. Flipping burgers, mopping floors, being a cashier, etc. is not a $15/hr job. Min wage jobs are for high school kids, college students, retirees, people looking to make a few extra dollars and that's more or less it. For the supposed 74 million people who work for less than $15/hr, that is a separate & pathetic topic in itself.

I Mop Floors,Repair Lighting,Cleanup Vomit,Repair or Replace Pencil Sharpeners and Anything else
They Deem Necessary.
I Make $12 Per Hour.
You Don't Think That I Should Get $15 an Hour ?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Guy orders hamburger with no mustard... gets mustard.

Worthy of $6/hr

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Guy orders hamburger with no mustard... gets mustard.

Worthy of $6/hr

NEW CEO drives company to the ground, thousands fired. Gets multimillion dollar golden parachute, after being paid millions.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

You are correct... Solyndra

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And yet all of you who are so concerned about this don't do a damn thing but bitch and complain on the internet and continue living in your gluttonous ways. You want to complain? Be the change you want to see. Until then realize you are all just hypocrites.

Nobody is stopping any of you from walking away from society and living a more humble, self-sustaining life. This generation is filled with nothing but self-entitled brats of all ages who want to eat all the cake they want but bitch about it making them fat. Absolute madness.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002

originally posted by: jitombe
a reply to: matafuchs

Interesting way to look at it, from a govt getting more $ in taxes point of view. I'm still very much against minimum wage going up to $15/hr. Main reason is that pay is supposed to be based on the scope and complexity of your work. Flipping burgers, mopping floors, being a cashier, etc. is not a $15/hr job. Min wage jobs are for high school kids, college students, retirees, people looking to make a few extra dollars and that's more or less it. For the supposed 74 million people who work for less than $15/hr, that is a separate & pathetic topic in itself.

I Mop Floors,Repair Lighting,Cleanup Vomit,Repair or Replace Pencil Sharpeners and Anything else
They Deem Necessary.
I Make $12 Per Hour.
You Don't Think That I Should Get $15 an Hour ?

You deserve whatever they decide to pay you for the job you applied for. Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you do this job, you do it to yourself. If you want a better paying job, work for it, maoe something more of yourself and opportunities will begin to pop up everywhere.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Yes. If that is your job and then if you work to a position where you are in charge of 3 people who do the job you did you make 15-18 an hour. Then when you work hard enough to manage more you make more.

Otherwise, find a different job. I have worked since I was 14 making 2.13 an hour busing tables. By the time I was in my early twenties i was making 8 bucks on a line as a cook. Then it was 12 as a manager. Then 14 as a tech support rep for 10 years and now I make about 40 bucks an hour. It took me 27 years.

Hard work will pay off.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: bluesman462002

Yes. If that is your job and then if you work to a position where you are in charge of 3 people who do the job you did you make 15-18 an hour. Then when you work hard enough to manage more you make more.

Otherwise, find a different job. I have worked since I was 14 making 2.13 an hour busing tables. By the time I was in my early twenties i was making 8 bucks on a line as a cook. Then it was 12 as a manager. Then 14 as a tech support rep for 10 years and now I make about 40 bucks an hour. It took me 27 years.

Hard work will pay off.

A manager? Doesn't a manager have to have several people working under them? Ergo, there have to be several non manager for every manager.

And again why should someone fight for decades just to earn 40$ an hour? One of my old professors did about 150$ an hour and he started earning that basically after graduating, not with decades. Why can he earn that much? Because not many can attain his same level of education, if they did he would earn less due to competition.

There are managers, and higher level managers, and higher executives, and CEOs. The higher you go up the corporate ladder, the less the number of people occupying these positions.

At the other end, you have the reality of things like videogame streamers(on sites like twitch)_ and youtubers. The top streamers can make over 1000$ an hour, sitting on their chairs simply playing videogames all day while others watch. While you on the other hand have to work hard for a measly 40$.

Others those with the greatest wealth, earn nearly a billion dollars a month, merely from increasing value and dividends of their investments which aren't even managed by them but by professionals. Not even lifting a finger, and earning over a million dollars an hour.

The world is not fair, millions of excellent writers write books year after year, but a small lucky fraction has a hit with the masses, and becomes a multimillionaire or even a multibillionaire.

The reality is, that in some places in the world children are born to die under the age of 5 from diseases and malnutrition, while others are born with a silver spoon.

Now again as others said previously the minimum wage started as a living wage, no reason why it shouldn't be a living wage now.

Someone who works fulltime shouldn't be living in abject poverty. And plenty of people work for under 15$ right now, many above minimum wage but below 15$, they shouldn't work for decades just to get to one of the FEWER positions available that pay a living wage or above.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join