It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush administration paid journalist to be a mouth piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The Bush administration paid a prominent black journalist to promote President Bush's education law and give Education Secretary Rod Paige media time, records show.

Armstrong Williams, a nationally syndicated radio, print and television personality, was paid $240,000 by the Education Department to promote the No Child Left Behind Act.

The contract required Williams' company, the Graham Williams Group, to produce radio and TV ads that promote the controversial law and feature one-minute "reads" by Paige. The deal also allowed Paige and other department officials to appear as studio guests with Williams.

Williams, one of the leading black conservative voices in the country, was also to use his influence with other black journalists to get them to talk about No Child Left Behind.

As most of us already suspected, the media is pretty much just a mouthpiece for those with the power and money. But now we have documented proof that the Bush administration is paying big bucks to journalists. Sad, just sad. Can anyone say conflict of interest?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can become a Bush lover for $240,000, even if I don't believe the words coming out of my own mouth.

I'm surprised that even though this is on CNN, we haven't heard more about it.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
there really are no democraty in your country hehe

new topics

join