It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream for Pondering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There haven't been many of these lately, so I thought I'd share.

This was a dream I had a couple of nights ago in glorious color and I still remember it, even the feelings, so I consider it important in some way.

I was out in a field or pasture. I could tell which. The grass or grain was golden like you see in high summer and there were seed heads on it, but it was only standing up in patches like you see in a summer cow pasture. There were rolling hills sort of like the Kansas Flint Hills, and I was out running across the landscape as fast as I could. It was wild and free and there was excitement and joy.

After I'd been running for a while I glanced down the noticed snakes in the grass. Large, flat vipers' heads like Gaboon vipers. They were golden colored too to hide in the grass. If you've ever seen a Gaboon, you know they have excellent camouflage for their environment. Still, I didn't slow down at and my feelings didn't change. Instead, I just started to watch where I set my feet and dodge.

Even though the snakes become more numerous, I didn't change my pace or feel fear. Sometimes, I would set foot a little close and a snake would strike and miss. I might have laughed once or twice at a miss, but I kept going.

Finally, one snake managed to go close enough that its fangs got caught on my shoe, and I had to stop and ask the faceless man to remove the snake so I wouldn't get bit.

Like always, he was there and he took it off my shoe for me and I hadn't been bitten after all.

That's when I woke up.

Like always, I have my own ideas, but I do like to see what others make of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have dreams that im trapped in a metal matrix

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are probably jealous people all around you, maybe you don't know it consciously but your unconscious mind, as in a dream state has revealed it, and let you know you needed to turn and face it head on, you did acknowledge it by asking the person to get the snake off you, so you could go along your way happily, unencumbered by their' trying to sabotage your path.

Run along happily, they don't matter. Only want to trip you up.

This is how I interpret your dream.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My guess is that you are allowing external forces to disturb your equilibrium. I am not Hindu but remember reading a passage from a pupil asking his Hindu master how can one proceed to enlightenment when there is suffering all around us. His master suggested he viewed the world as a movie screen for all the people are acting out their life's and know it not.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know about the dream,
but the green ribbon snake reminded me of this video.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Given your faith, it's an obvious allusion to the "brood of vipers" nipping at you with anti-Christian views while Jesus (the faceless figure) protects you, as always. The playful nature you had at first could be pride and taking for granted your faith in your god. Maybe the dream was a lesson to be more careful in the defense of your faith.

For me, the serpent is a healer but I am just as wary as anybody else when they're around. That dream, if I had it myself, I would take it as a sign of an impending health crisis that will feature a miraculous recovery through my faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I had to stop and ask the faceless man

Hold on a minute, please. You interact with a "faceless man" and you find the meaning of the snakes intriguing??

I'd look for the meaning in him, but that's me.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

The faceless man has been in my dreams for decades, since high school. I'm pretty sure by now I know what he's there for.

The snakes are not always in my dream, and I don't usually experience emotions. Usually when I do, I pay attention because they tell me what kind of dream this is.

Since I was feeling positive overall, this isn't a bad dream in the sense of something bad happening to me that will be a disaster. I had one last year where I narrowly missed a car wreck and watched and heard all the people in it ... I cried. I felt that pain and misery. 2015 was not a good year for me and mine - two deaths in the family, two cancer diagnoses, various other disasters, big and small.

So, when I feel emotion like this, I pay attention. It gives me a sense of where I'll be or what it means.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh sorry, the other night I dreamt that I was a golden Gaboon viper chasing a girl through a meadow. She looked so happy and carefree, unaware of my intentions. I will bring her down to my level and prove she is unworthy.

My inability to subdue her have left me anxious and determined. She was too fast and laughed at my attempts to lower her stride. By chance, I eventually caught her by the foot, only then confronted by her hardened exterior. I inject my hateful venom without success.

No matter what form I take, she has aligned herself with a strange man who appears when she is threatened. Too me, this man is an extension of her own self, who she is afraid to become. You can only avoid me for so long before you snag yourself on my fang.

edit on 7-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You?! You were the one stuck in my shoe?

I gotta tell you. You were one fat and happy looking critter.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My Jungian analysis...."Man and his Symbols"

Grain....continued growth

Running....competing emotions

serpents....new life, sexuality

unface man...is you
edit on 7-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Did I even come close?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh I don't know. You gave me some new angles to ponder just like everyone else did. That's why I post these, not to find the answer from any one response, but to gather an aggregate of ideas that I hadn't thought of see what clicks with what I already have.

Thank you!

join