It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: UK Helping Saudi's Yemen Campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Chill out. Just making an observation. Besides, if the Brits are helping in the way the MOD describe, then it's good.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I'm chill dude, I'm chill, no offence intended.

It doesn't look good when they are overseeing the use of cluster bombs and the bombing of Embassies.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Worth noting too that many in the Yemeni military sided with the rebels against the US installed and supported "government" and fight alongside them, using all that military hardware provided by the US, another $500+Million dollars worth apparently!

Whilst framed as sectarian in nature a lot of the time, it goes much deeper than that, which is nothing more than media hogwash for the masses. From the outset, the Saudis were suffering a lot of desertions and troops going AWOL, due to not wanting to fight against the very tribes many of them are descended from. Thus the quickly formed Gulf State coalition and the use of foreign mercenaries. Seems things are not going well for the Saudis in this Yemeni campaign!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Chill out. Just making an observation. Besides, if the Brits are helping in the way the MOD describe, then it's good.

If they were involved in today's bombings we're in a world of # with Iran.

As much as I respect our troops, I am highly sceptical the MOD would do this out of goodwill. Again just my opinion not trying to say it's fact.

There's a few hundred oil tankers sitting just off UK waters ready to deliver oil when the price is right - it's been that way for years (saw a newsnight doc on it 3/4 years ago). If UK oil prices suddenly plummet I won't be suprised, if they remain stable or rise then my quite poorly educated guess is wrong.
edit on 7-1-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

I 100% agree with your opinion on the Houthis though, something should be done but us getting involved in this way will at best slihtly improve matters and at worst massively ramp up tensions in an already destabalised ME of proxy wars.
edit on 7-1-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not this Brit!, Cameron doesn't speak for real British people.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The guys that are enriching themselves, have forgotten a fundamental fact, which is, in the modern world, it was the spending of the middle classes that kept them rich. Now the shrinking middle class, equates to their shrinking fortunes.
So the MOD will be urging the use of weapons , and selling the replacements, if the Saudis get stuck in to Iran, it will equate to a shedload of money for both The Russians backing Iran, and the West backing the Saudis. When the Arabs are back riding their camels, with all the oil instillations in smoke, the price of the Russian and US oil will go skywards.
edit on 7-1-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join