It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security office in Springfield in disarray, wracked by internal squabbling, c

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I just cannot fathom how a government agency can be incompetent and inept. Particularly one tasked with the extremely critical role of trying to keep us safe.

Thank God the rest of the government is not a total disaster.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yea I can attest to the public sector in terms of job security. I work for a small town municipality that's unionized and itrequires quite a lot for someone to get fired.

I have worked here for just over 5 years and I've seen about 4 people get fired so it's not impossible. It kinda sucks because bad apples take a long time to be removed and usually screw up a lot of stuff befor their culled. The system for us works as follows Warning(written letter form)----->minor suspension no pay(2days)---->major suspension no pay(5days)-------->canned

A fist fight will still get you fired tho. One guy got a DUI on the job so that was instant termination.....

The level of documented abuses that seem unaddressed or punished in this case is highly disturbing.

a reply to: DexterRiley

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just cannot fathom how a government agency can be incompetent and inept. Particularly one tasked with the extremely critical role of trying to keep us safe.

Thank God the rest of the government is not a total disaster.

I know this is sarcasm but the reason is because of a lack of transparency. People act like this behind closed doors, when there's public accountability it severely drops off. Public accountability being something that we can only apply to public rather than private positions, but all too often we don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, with respect, it makes no damned sense what so ever.

It should be IMPOSSIBLE for a person with such poor psychological stability as this gallery of halfwits, to even be allowed to be the mail clerk in a DHS building, let alone badge carrying, gun wielding members of its actual law enforcement staff. The standard should be higher than this when you get out of mere policing, and into the realms of the borderlands between law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

Absolutely shocking.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Different countries I suppose. It's 100% par for the course here in America. Go ask anyone who deals with management. People are petty, irrational, children. This is a case where people act like they're naturally going to act and there's a weak management structure in place to fix things.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I know this is sarcasm but the reason is because of a lack of transparency.

That is only part of the equation. Another large factor is lack of accountability. If someone in the private sector pulled this they would have been out the door long ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I know this is sarcasm but the reason is because of a lack of transparency.

That is only part of the equation. Another large factor is lack of accountability. If someone in the private sector pulled this they would have been out the door long ago.

I very much doubt that, I've seen enough of corporate culture to know that people like to screw around, screw up, and be very irresponsible. I have no experience with private security which is where this stuff would happen but... I find it highly unlikely people don't get stupid with guns behind those closed doors too.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I very much doubt that, I've seen enough of corporate culture to know that people like to screw around, screw up, and be very irresponsible.

Not sure what company you have worked for that does not have a corrective action policy and permits the inappropriate use of firearms but I would be curious to know so I could avoid them.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not sure what company you have worked for that does not have a corrective action policy and permits the inappropriate use of firearms but I would be curious to know so I could avoid them.

Stories from how the police act from former cops I've known, some from former military too. I haven't personally worked at a company where people are using firearms but given that most people screw around behind closed doors and are anything but the typical definition of professional I wouldn't be surprised to know they act that way too given the military/law enforcement stories I've heard.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Can only imagine the wild petty jealousies that exist in that place.

Must be left over jiltings from the Janet Napolitano days.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Stories from how the police act from former cops I've known, some from former military too.

Gotcha, you know a guy who knows a guy. Funny, earlier you said, 'I very much doubt that, I've seen enough of corporate culture to know that people like to screw around, screw up, and be very irresponsible', I thought maybe you had some examples.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Gotcha, you know a guy who knows a guy. Funny, earlier you said, 'I very much doubt that, I've seen enough of corporate culture to know that people like to screw around, screw up, and be very irresponsible', I thought maybe you had some examples.

I have plenty of examples of corporate culture, but not first hand accounts from companies where people have access to weapons since I've never worked for one of those companies. I've heard plenty of stories from people that have though, and human nature doesn't change.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Cool, when you have actual first hand information about people running around with guns and acting like assholes in private sector companies where you were also employed let me know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join