It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Kim got his bomb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The Guardian is reporting that North Korea has divulged a claim that they have successfully detonated a hydrogen bomb in what they describe as their fourth nuclear test:

www.theguardian.com...

North Korea has conducted its fourth nuclear test, the country’s state media has announced, in a move that could take it a step closer to developing nuclear warheads capable of striking the US mainland.

Experts cast doubt on claim, saying evidence points to test involving uranium or plutonium device, while UN security council will discuss possible sanctions

Are the Western "experts" downplaying this for now or is Kim bluffing with his eyes over the cards in this game of poker and that his hand is not really the winning hand he claims it to be?

I guess North Korea is only polluting its own land for now by detonating nuclear weapons on its own soil. Ironic, really, all the nuclear nations have polluted their own lands and exploded these bombs in tests on their own soil to join the nuclear club.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at the figures and see that there has already been a world wide nuclear war of detonated nuclear devices all over the earth. Ever wonder what this might be doing in total sum to the earth and humans? I have and I wonder why cancer is such an epidemic world wide now. Who is to know how all these tests are affecting us. On local levels you can bet they are damaging people and the environment. There is so much documented evidence. These continued tests and nuclear power plant accidents are all adding up. However, politicians will never admit that. Enjoy your cancer, people. I think it will end up being a plague on the scale of St John's Revelation Seven Seals Wrath of God.

Happy death ray Emperor Ming Kim!

edit on 6-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Experts cast doubt on claim, saying evidence points to test involving uranium or plutonium device

No doubt the same experts who were casting doubt on the claim by his father a few years ago that they had detonated their first Nuclear weapon , then experts said it was likely just a mass of conventional explosives.
I don't know if Kim had tested an H bomb but if he has it is a worrying development.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

A dictator posing as a leader who kills his own people.

A few dictators posing as leaders to kill other country's people.

All world leaders are maniacal sociopaths. Why focus on Kim?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So North Korea is now about 60 or so years behind us in nuclear technology.

I don't think it's anything to get overly excited about. I personally be more concerned with Daesh seizing control of Pakistan's nukes than NK hitting any western targets.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

NK might not be able to strap a nuke onto an ICMB and hit the US, but they can certainly get one to SK or Japan... Unless they crash it into the sea. At any rate, there's plenty of targets they could get a nuke to and draw the US into a conflict.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The last 2 tests were shown to be nuclear explosions for sure.
The only question is if this latest one is an H bomb.
The power of it almost completely excludes this possibility.

The signature on the seismographs from the last 2 successful detonations showed their nukes at WWII US bombs. In that area.
An H bomb would be WAY above that level. This new test looks like it was maybe twice the last ones, but I am only basing this on memory and nothing more. I could look at the actual data and find them to be the same power. Not sure.

I doubt the H bomb claim.

I have reason to believe they have not miniaturized these yet. So we are talking Bombs not warheads. I wonder how heavy the satellite they put into orbit that "accidentally" went over the USA was. It wouldn't be long for them to launch a "satellite" that would go "out of control" and then crash towards the US. People think missiles have to reach another country, but that's silly silly.. You just launch to orbit and then rocket the orbit into a crashing trajectory and EMP that #.

These are underground tests, so not sure why you guys are talking about radiation so much. Or why you are saying US satellites would see it. Anyway. The Earthquake signature will show it was a nuke just like the last ones were confirmed as such.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
NK has been posturing for years and threatening attacks on the U.S, South Korea and pretty much anyone who disagrees with them. That being said, the big question is: Is Lil' Kim crazy enough to use it or is this just more posturing and threatening to get what he wants.
My own opinion - If a dictator is ruthless and uncaring enough to starve and slaughter his own people, he doesn't give 2 sh**s about killing us.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Fusion devices are more efficient than fission devices, but that doesn't mean they have to be exponentially more powerful.

It depends on the weapon design and amount and quality of the material. They will have to see what types of isotopes they detect in the area to know for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It amazes me the money countries will spend and the effort they will make to find more and more outrageous ways to destroy one another.

Anyway, even if they do have an H, they don't have a delivery system that could get it past the city limits. No? I guess they could put one on a submarine.

This reminds me of the child who operates with the motto "even negative attention is better than no attention". The things this little child-man will do to become globally relevant. It's a shame.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Fusion devices are more efficient than fission devices, but that doesn't mean they have to be exponentially more powerful.

It depends on the weapon design and amount and quality of the material. They will have to see what types of isotopes they detect in the area to know for sure.

no..

the power is too low to be an H bomb detonation. It takes a certain amount of fission.
Maybe you know more than me but it looks like just fission. it's right at that level.

As in that's about the power you expect to start fusion. and I very much doubt NK has skipped steps in figuring this all out. Sure USA can make fusion bombs maybe on that level. BUT.... Just looking at it I highly doubt NK is on that same level.

NK says one of the last tests was a miniaturized version yet all of these tests have been similar yields. And the last two tests had very similar seismographs, so I would think they are still on the same bomb trying to make fusion work... maybe one of their bombs was uranium, but really they would be using mostly plutonium. They produce plutonium in amounts they can make a few bombs.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
It amazes me the money countries will spend and the effort they will make to find more and more outrageous ways to destroy one another.

Anyway, even if they do have an H, they don't have a delivery system that could get it past the city limits. No? I guess they could put one on a submarine.

This reminds me of the child who operates with the motto "even negative attention is better than no attention". The things this little child-man will do to become globally relevant. It's a shame.

well actually they have artillery in range of Seoul. They don't need nukes to mess things up. And in fact they have missiles with quite a range. They are one country that put up a satellite with only in house engineering.. And most of their missiles reach all the way into south korea, Japan, China...

I highly doubt it was an H bomb.
But if it was an H bomb the size of it would go on a missile.
It's just such an impossible jump from before I so so so doubt it.

For sure it was a nuke.
Some people on ATS say the US will know through certain means exactly what it was, but we won't ever know for sure ourselves since propaganda is allowed.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What gets me is that the US gets their panties in a bunch over Iran getting a nuclear bomb. NK already has them, constantly detonates them, and Lil Kim is way more off the rail than the Iranians in charge. But, of course, NK has no oil or any natural resources as a power chip which could benefit the US, so we let them run roughshod.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

They are also on the border of China and they are not going to allow the U.S. to get that close. China has Kim on a short leash, but he is straining that leash to it's limits.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
They can tell if a bomb has been detonated or not and what type. They would be looking for that data right away with the Constant Phoenix aircraft.

Experts cast doubt on claim, saying evidence points to test involving uranium or plutonium device, while UN security council will discuss possible sanctions.

If their own source states maybe, maybe not then you know this is just anti North Korean media spin. They're still on the axis of evil list so no one will notice that US military are the ones occupying their country, threatening their way of life, and not the other way around.

edit on 6-1-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
The Guardian is reporting that North Korea has divulged a claim that they have successfully detonated a hydrogen bomb in what they describe as their fourth nuclear test:

www.theguardian.com...

North Korea has conducted its fourth nuclear test, the country’s state media has announced, in a move that could take it a step closer to developing nuclear warheads capable of striking the US mainland.

Experts cast doubt on claim, saying evidence points to test involving uranium or plutonium device, while UN security council will discuss possible sanctions

Are the Western "experts" downplaying this for now or is Kim bluffing with his eyes over the cards in this game of poker and that his hand is not really the winning hand he claims it to be?

I guess North Korea is only polluting its own land for now by detonating nuclear weapons on its own soil. Ironic, really, all the nuclear nations have polluted their own lands and exploded these bombs in tests on their own soil to join the nuclear club.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at the figures and see that there has already been a world wide nuclear war of detonated nuclear devices all over the earth. Ever wonder what this might be doing in total sum to the earth and humans? I have and I wonder why cancer is such an epidemic world wide now. Who is to know how all these tests are affecting us. On local levels you can bet they are damaging people and the environment. There is so much documented evidence. These continued tests and nuclear power plant accidents are all adding up. However, politicians will never admit that. Enjoy your cancer, people. I think it will end up being a plague on the scale of St John's Revelation Seven Seals Wrath of God.

Happy death ray Emperor Ming Kim!

He may have his bomb but lets remember that his rockets/missiles are horrible. It will be a long time untill any bomb could hit a long range target.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

hey question for ya. the two prior nuke tests you were talking about. by any chance got the dates on either. wondering sonething and the dates would help to confirm or not my wonderings.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

en.wikipedia.org...

2013 North Korean nuclear test

en.wikipedia.org...

2009 North Korean nuclear test

en.wikipedia.org...

2006 North Korean nuclear test

edit on 6-1-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
if they can blow one nuke, they at least have one more ready to go.

they're not gonna follow "traditional" nuclear warfare, blowing up nukes just for show. if i was to bet what NK's next move will be, it's probably going to be a terror attack or an attack big enough to cause enough damage to cripple it's enemy. anything less would be a waste. unless it's all bark no bite, and if that's the case, was it really a nuclear explosion and why would they waste one if they were not producing more?
edit on 6-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
if they can blow one nuke, they at least have one more ready to go.

they're not gonna follow "traditional" nuclear warfare, blowing up nukes just for show. if i was to bet what NK's next move will be, it's probably going to be a terror attack or an attack big enough to cause enough damage to cripple it's enemy. anything less would be a waste. unless it's all bark no bite, and if that's the case, was it really a nuclear explosion and why would they waste one if they were not producing more?

That's what I was pondering. That's an awful lot of time, money, technology development, etc. just for a demonstration of it's supposed arsenal. Kim is crazy.............like a fox.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wonder how long before South Korea finds out if he has one.
The hard way of course.

<<   2 >>

join