It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign says proposed UK ban over Muslim remarks 'a dangerous precedent'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'll say what I said in the other thread....

The guy's a dickhead, who cares?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Hate speech seldom promotes freedom and generally demonizes a particular demographic over others. How can that be the same as freedom of speech?

Obviously freedom of speech is there to protect the idiots as well as the rest of us but when it comes down to it there has to be a limit or level, that level being hatred towards others is unacceptable.

Freedom of speech simply does not apply to malevolent bigots with an axe to grind or agenda to satisfy aka Trump and his minions.

Hate speech is speech meant to deliberately incite violence, free speech is almost everything else. Thin line it may be, but there is a limit.
edit on 8-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Do you believe that your government should be more immediately responsive to the needs, concerns, and the will of the people of the United States of America?

Do you believe that your elected representatives should serve the public, respect their wishes and the direction in which the people want the nation to go? Or do you believe that once the ballots are taken during an election, the public ought to sit back and watch the merry go round, go round?

The petition system here in the UK is largely experimental still, as far as I can tell. But it does offer regular people the opportunity to posit, garner support for, and see an issue raised discussed in parliament. Now, given that our PM is our employee, that he is in fact and name, our servant, as are all Members of Parliament, we SHOULD be able to get them to discuss what ever we want dealt with.

In the UK, a day is split up into segments at the parliamentary level, during which a huge host of things are discussed, bills pushed around, papers proposed, and sometimes the Prime Minister takes questions from the House, often with hilarious results, usually that the PM refuses to actually answer anything, preferring to take the opportunity to belittle the leader of the opposition, rather than admit that the PM is a clueless man child.

We have a direct voice in what gets discussed now. Sure, there are lots of hoops to jump through to get a thing discussed in Parliament, but we can get it done. This is our democracy in process.

I don't disagree with anything you say and you educated me on some things I didn't know.

Either way is Trump that important? Should British politics mirror tabloid headlines?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: Ksihkehe

The fact you Americans are so het up over our border control is worth the discussion

I don't speak for all Americans. It's telling that you lump us all together. You have a real proble!m with "us" don't you?

No only those dumb enough to support Trump or Hillary

It's a shame that even though you're not involved in the American political process you're still a slave to the rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Either way is Trump that important? Should British politics mirror tabloid headlines?

See what he did to Scotland

- Destroyed area of natural beauty
- Cut off water supply to pensioners who didn't want to sell their houses
- Once he got the course, only invested 8% of what he said he would and it's a terrible course unsuitable for pro play
- During all this he lied about how he's invest billions in the country.

Aside from the problems there, he has no reason to visit the UK except self promotion, his speeches usually contain at least one thing that'd classify as hate speech/incitement.

I bet my house Theressa May won't deny him entry, but maybe you should be asking yourself - why does Trump have the arrogance to think he has the right to say, do and travel anywhere he wants without repercussions - most toddlers come to the realisation life doesn't work that way.

It's in no way interfering with US politics for our country to employ the same border controls everyone faces. We just have a more representative democracy over here where politicians legally have to discuss matters the public are concerned about - however our system is far from flawless and is even more corrupt than the US.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join