It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our planets are actually bigger than others in other galaxies? NASA maybe lying?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes. You are correct.

As we look up into the sky at the stars, we are looking back through time itself, and as we all know, the universe has been expanding forever. Therefore, the more distant a star or planet is, the smaller it is. At the very edge of the universe (which is the singularity/Big Bang) the entire universe fits in a small space about the size of a bowling ball.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not to totally detract

Why am I betting that Meeblewarp believes that no Zimwatian ever landed on the Murn?

Just sayin...
edit on ambAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 05 Jan 2016 11:57:50 -0600am11America/Chicago by abeverage because: detracting from Zimwatians...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are hamsters good to eat? Giant ones, I mean.

I imagine that they taste a lot like rabbit, or perhaps guinea pig. Peruvians have some very nice gourmet dishes made from guinea pig (cuy).

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If our star is supposedly the biggest, then why are other stars able to go supernova and ours not? Our sun doesn't have the size/mass for such an end, yet others do (which have been observed).

And as for us being the centre of the universe... If you were sitting in a row boat in the ocean 30km offshore, you wouldn't see the coast so you'd assume that you were in the middle of the ocean, however you'd be nowhere near. Do you see what I am trying to get at?

Visual perspective doesn't make for fact (although I am sure that 'flat earthers' would have something to say about that...)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We don't even know what we know to be true.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We have not been able to look and record even a 10th of the universe it is a slice of what it really is.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
or what if?

Now, I'm not saying I believe this is the case.... but ultimately we have NO idea... and THAT'S why when we have a chance to just relax and look up at the night sky and wonder.....

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What if our planets are actually bigger than others in other galaxies? NASA maybe lying?

You know that saying: "There is no such thing as a dumb question?" ^the above is proof that that saying is absolute rubbish.

We are all dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy upon your soul.
edit on 6-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join