It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the entire universe in one image

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

c isn't the speed of light, its the speed of causality. Just so happens that the max speed of light in a vacuum is the same as c.

Here is some propaganda for those interested.

As far as the OP goes, I found a really large version of the image.

Larger Version of OP Image

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
It makes the rest of space look so small having our solar system so big and centered. Still, nice image though I'd like to see one to scale and preferably large in size so I can zoom in

This one is huge.

Larger Version of OP Image

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
As above, so below..
a reply to: CIAGypsy

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thank you for hte image! I love these kinds of images. Make great desktop backgrounds and something to wonder at now and then.
edit on 1/4/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

"Space," says the introduction to The Hitchhiker's Guide, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is." A-a-and so on. It also says that if you hold a lungful of air, you can survive in the total vacuum of space for about 30 seconds. But with space being really big and all, the chances of being picked up within that time are 22,079,460,347 to one against. Strangely, this is also the telephone number of an Islington flat where Arthur Dent went to a fancy dress party, and met a very nice young woman whom he totally blew it with. Though the planet Earth, the Islington flat and the telephone have all now been demolished, it is comforting to reflect that they are all, in some small way, commemorated by the fact that 29 seconds later, Arthur and Ford were, in fact, rescued.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
a reply to: Phage

c isn't the speed of light, its the speed of causality.
Pay more attention to your own propaganda. At 8m40s he says c is the speed of light so saying c isn't the speed of light isn't even supported by your source.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Where in that image did the big bang happen and what direction is out galaxy headed after?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gflyg
Where in that image did the big bang happen

All around the edges.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Beautiful and incredible.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Google Hubble deep field-thousands of galaxies captured in an area of the sky smaller than a thumbnail at arms length.

It's impossible to get a grip on the sheer size of the universe-numbers become irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Awesome image, i am really big into the constellations, ha, the main reason i just joined here was too look more into this...

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very pretty image, i am not really into the stars or anything like that but i do like to star gaze from time to time.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hey Gypsy both you and me know i like stars i look up in the sky all the time to see shooting stars and such something magical about it.

1993TripRev: something about that picture in your avatar reminds me of something i can't put my finger on, like i knew a human that looked like that, ewww i know, i was not the only person who knew of this persons gruesomeness, i will quote a friend "look at him", the thing bread with another thing and had the most gruesome thing, must of been some kind of bad nightmare....i digress.

Love the stars though Gypsy love them.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

Funny, heh, i am a big Lord of the Rings fan and Hobbit fan, pretty much a big Tolkien nerd loved his books and Peter Jackson's movies i thought were great.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 1993TripRev

I loved the Hobbit also, i thought the Lord of the Rings movies were just OK though.

Back on topic, i saw a bunch of shooting stars a few winters ago, they seem to happen more in the winter then in the summer.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: King Seesar
a reply to: 1993TripRev
Back on topic, i saw a bunch of shooting stars a few winters ago, they seem to happen more in the winter then in the summer.

That's probably because most meteor strikes happen near the plane of the ecliptic, and that plane is high up in the sky on winter nights.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace
That, and there is more darkness.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yea the plane is way higher on winter nights, that is my guess in terms of what king saw also.

edit on 1-2-2016 by 1993TripRev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

thank God you displayed this in it's original FLAT format.

(I get angry when people try to add third dimensions to things like planets.)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join