It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't had a cigarette in 7 months

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK
I want one every day, multiple times per day. The cravings haven't stopped. I have a vape, I chew a lot of gum, yet none of this ever helps.
Now, I'm not here to have a pity party for myself. Im just hoping for some advice I guess. My wife quit one week before I did and she isn't having cravings near like what I experience.
I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice. Anyone else have this issue?

1st, you should have started with about 28-30 mg of nicotine ejuice and slowly went down each time you bought. You can go down 2 mg at a time. I am at 16 mg. Nicotine wasn't the big problem, it was the combustion and up to 3k ingredients in the regular cigarette. Eventually you can get to zero. Possibly the cold turkey from nicotine is the problem?

I haven't smoked in just over 3 years. I vape. I have no cravings for a regular cigarette. Is your setup good enough? Do you have enough vapor coming out of it?
Maybe you need a stronger battery (1000 mah- 2400 mah) and better tank. One where you can adjust wattage and resistance is best. I know I had to fiddle around for awhile before I had the right things. Drugstore brands like Blu are no good.

I currently have a 50w eleaf istick as a battery and 2 pass throughs- 1 at 1000 mah and one at 2400 mah. I just bought a S1 Smoov brand tank/atomizer (not perfectly happy with that, but it is okay for now). I have 18 mg nicotine Steam Junk brank kickin cola juice. I never use tobacco based juices, I can't stand the taste anymore.

I make sure to have 3 rechargeable batteries, at least one being 'passthrough'. When I go out I bring a $10 power pack with me in case the battery runs out of charge.

Maybe going for say 16 mg nicotine now, for you and slowly going down will help you at this point.

edit: I see you have a mod, so you know what you're doing. Maybe trying a different one could help, anyway.
edit on 2-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I quit smoking, I get some bad feelings in my lungs and always have a little cough. I was that way before I started smoking and the doctors tested me for TB a couple of times which were always negative. They just gave up after multiple tests. The smoke does something, but I do not know exactly what for sure. I also crave a cigarette anytime I have coffee or drink alcohol. Surprisingly the tobacco neutralizes some of the bad effects of caffeine and also of ethyl alcohol.

When you first quit, you will possibly have a sore throat and start hacking up the crap that has accumulated in your lungs. It is not nicotine, it is tar and various other things in cigarettes. This part is worse for some than others. It can tale 3 days or 3 months. Once you are past that point, the cough or 'lung feelings' go away.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I quit smoking, I get some bad feelings in my lungs and always have a little cough. I was that way before I started smoking and the doctors tested me for TB a couple of times which were always negative. They just gave up after multiple tests. The smoke does something, but I do not know exactly what for sure. I also crave a cigarette anytime I have coffee or drink alcohol. Surprisingly the tobacco neutralizes some of the bad effects of caffeine and also of ethyl alcohol.

When you first quit, you will possibly have a sore throat and start hacking up the crap that has accumulated in your lungs. It is not nicotine, it is tar and various other things in cigarettes. This part is worse for some than others. It can tale 3 days or 3 months. Once you are past that point, the cough or 'lung feelings' go away.

I smoke between a half a pack to three quarters of a pack a day but throw the last half of the cigarette away. I could quit drinking coffee, if I do not have coffee in the morning, I don't smoke at all. I have no cravings. I could drink orange juice to do the same thing, I tried that and it works. It has nicotinic acid in it. The problem is I have hypoglycemia and the orange juice triggers me to make lots of insulin then I crash in an hour. I cannot eat sweet stuff without protein.

So I have researched the options and I have more Ideas to test. I do not break down methyl right according to my genetics and that actually seems to be relevant. My daughter and grand daughter have the same genetic trait and coffee gets them high as a kite and they don't smoke. It takes a long time to research the way compounds can be neutralized in the body. When I started drinking more coffee, I started to smoke, I didn't start smoking regularly till I was around thirty and that is about the same time I started drinking lots more coffee.

The Tar in cigarettes is not good for you and the carbon monoxide is also not good for you. Some elements of smoke are actually needed by us though. We have actually genetically acclimated to being around wood fires which means we might need some aspects of the smoke to be healthier. We also need the cool/warm cycle. We need to have it get cooler at night and be under covers so we can sleep right. The thermostat that keeps the home at seventy degrees is the worst thing that was invented, no where in our past have northern Europeans had it always warm until the last century. This can be compensated for by dietary changes but with the western diet that is all messed up.

There are many reasons that the cancer risk has risen, they tried to blame everything lung on cigarettes and even other cancers in the body yet many people who never smoked cigarettes or were around the smoke die of lung cancer. Cigarettes can contribute to cancer, but people are chasing the wrong demon and the real culprit is having it's way. Yes, cigarettes can contribute to cancer growth but it is not the actual cause most times. They need to find out why the cells are mutating in the first place. They need to get on the right path.

Cigarettes do not usually cause emphysema either from what I have read, but they will make it worse. Emphysema is caused by our body not having enough of an enzyme that breaks down proteinases. They make medicines to help break the proteinases down in the lungs as a treatment.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWK

I packed in last September and used ecigs for a few weeks. It's been tough with cravings. What made it easier is I packed in with the statement that 'I will smoke again.' Totally intended to smoke whenever I wanted to as long as it was very occasional.

This means I had a cigarette at the Xmas works party around December 18th or so. Enjoyed it! Bought a ten-deck for NYE and smoked seven, broke one and gave two away.

I haven't smoked since NYE.

Maybe it's easier for some people to quit when they allow themselves to go back? It's maybe like people saying, 'Right, no more chocolate!' The cravings are stronger under a total ban than they are when we allow ourselves cheat days.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This discussion has been very helpful, and I thank you all for participating. This is my first real thread, and I am glad I could get some advice. I think I will start by getting a low nicotine juice. After a while I may get a variable wattage mod. I know it will be better to do the cold turkey thing, but I have too much going on right now and the craving is taking up way too much ram in my head. Hopefully other in the same boat will find some help in this thread too.

Thank you a.t.s.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWK

Hi,
I was a twenty a day smoker for around twenty years and I've tried everything to get off them. With next to zero will power I wasn't getting anywhere fast! Then I discovered Champix. I got it on prescription from my local smoking clinic and I have to say it was amazing how easy it was to stop. It works by turning your craving sensations off, or at least dramatically reducing them! Its a twelve week course and if you can get your hands on it, stick to it religiously and you will get results. Do your research on it, as they say it might not work for everyone. Its now six months since I had a smoke and going strong!
Good luck..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join