It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't had a cigarette in 7 months

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

That seems to be how it worked for my wife. She says she hardly even thinks about them, she just made the decision and hasn't looked back. I admire, and envy her determination.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWK

I know you won't like to hear this because of your progress, but you need to go back to something that not only replaces the cigarette craving, but eliminates it. I smoked for 20 years. I was that guy that said I'll never quit, now I can't believe I used to smoke.

It's going to be juice with higher nicotine that does it, most likely. If you think about it though, it's a lot better than the other option.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinyDAWK
I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice.

So, in about 10 days it will be the 2 year mark of my quitting smoking. I quit vaping about 3 weeks ago, give or take

When I first got off ciggies, I had the highest nicotine percentage available, and every month I would go down a few notches in nic level in the juices. the last oh, 4 months I was at 6% (super low) and just naturally vaped less and less, puffed more like a cigar than a cigarette (not really inhaling) and finally decided to just stop as I was barely hitting it anyhow...just more a reflex.
I could have went to zero nic level, but that woulda just continued the general puffing addiction.

I have now moved onto cinnimon toothpicks to just gnaw on and am doing fine.

But yeah, so grab some maybe 18% and see if that does you good...more or less after that depending on how well it works...and honestly..just try not to dwell too much on it. force the thought of how you already came this far, no need to falter now. it can be hard at times, but just accept your willpower is stronger.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I want one every day, multiple times per day. The cravings haven't stopped. I have a vape, I chew a lot of gum, yet none of this ever helps.
Now, I'm not here to have a pity party for myself. Im just hoping for some advice I guess. My wife quit one week before I did and she isn't having cravings near like what I experience.
I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice. Anyone else have this issue?

The mind rules! Gum or life savers don't use anything that is a throwback to the memory to help restart the habit.
I did it cold turkey, you have to tell yourself you can do it and mean it. I found it best not to even tell anyone I was doing it, talking about it makes you weaken.

Be proud of yourself for making the decision for the reasons you did make that decision!! It has been 23 years off for me! I never have a craving just the opposite. I hate the smell, it is all in the mind! My dad smoked pall mall unfiltered his whole life my example got him to quit cold turkey also it has been about 15 years ago.

:You can do it!
edit on 2-1-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I found this you may want to check it out. It's a correlation between lack of Vitamin C and Cravings for Nicotine.

stoptobaccotoday.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Your problem is the gum. The gum is going to give you more nicotine that vaping would and increase your craving for a cigarette. Vape to your hearts content, eventually the need to vape will lessen on its own. When dropped nicotine levels via vaping I didn't even notice. When I gave up nicotine altogether, the only wayI could tell the difference was that the 0mg juice I was using tasted a tad bit sweeter.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
the 0mg juice I was using tasted a tad bit sweeter.

Careful, best to quit if you are at 0mg. there is some issues with the flavoring and resperatory health..same flavoring and issues they found in the microwave popcorn stuff that can cause cancer and all other forms of nasties...just a heads up (google it, its a new study). Still...vaping is a fantastic way to quit smoking, just...in time try to also drop the vaping

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Oh man. OK. This is interesting, you're sort of at the complete opposite end of the spectrum I thought you would be regarding the set up. If you can, I think it might behoove you to talk your doctor. It seems off that you still get cravings and haven't had nicotine in so long.

You need to be REAL careful with those batteries. That's 40 amp pulse not continuous. I really think some of these companies are going to get the crap sued out of themselves soon. Those things will vent if you push them. I would make sure to properly dispose of that battery.

I don't know how versed you are with vape stuff. It's surprising to me that you would pick up a mech mod and RDA first. I went the opposite route, I got into vaping, then subohm, then RDAs. I would guess that you're up on Ohm's law and builds etc. If I say anything super obvious I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, it's just I don't know what you know (you may know way more than me).

So in my opinion mech mods are a thing of the past at this point. There's no reason to use one unless you like it because they are kinda cool (I have a ton of mods and only one mech because I think it's cool). You can push way more wattage and get a way better vape with a VW mod now.

I smoke American Spirit (light blue pack) when I smoke. I mouth to lung inhale too. I don't know anything about the cannabis cessation, I just never got a long with the stuff.

So if I were you I would go and pick up a VW mod, and a good tank (sub ohm) with some 6mg juice. I hate to encourage you to start using stuff again, but if it's driving you crazy it's a better option than slipping up and getting back on cigs. If you still feel cravings at 6mg after awhile, bump it up to 12 and then start weaning down. I went from 18, to 12, to 6.

My VaporShark DNA200 just crapped the bed, so I picked up a new mod while I wait for it to get repaired (shouldn't have, own enough but I like getting new ones). Honestly, I should have saved myself over $150 and just bought this thing from the get go. It's a Pioneer4You IPV D2. It's $37 from a site I trust, it will push 75 watts and also does temperature control. It's pretty small, takes one 18650, has pass through charging, a rubber skin, and has become my new favorite (except the VaporShark charged way faster and the SX Mini FEELS way better). I've been trying new top fill sub ohm tanks, so I took a gamble and picked up a Crown tank. Love this tank. You don't have to unscrew the atty to fill it, you can get temperature coils and regular coils, it works flawlessly, you can completely take it apart to clean (unlike the Aspire Triton) the coils seem to last a very long time, and it comes with replacement glass.

I've only ordered from these guys once or twice, but I actually trust them (despite the name) and they seem to always be beating other's prices. Customer service appears to be good, they have a presence on Reddit and unless things have changed in the last few months were very keen on communicating with anyone that had a problem.

IPV D2 mod
Crown tank

I believe the Crown coils are going to be slightly more costly than other coils. Probably only a difference of a few bucks a month though, and I'm actually wondering if that's true since they seem to have excellent longevity. I haven't had it long enough to comment on a bad batch of coils.

It sounds like diet and exercise and whatnot is all in order. Paleo will make you hate yourself for awhile, but it's been too long to blame.

I'm rooting for you man! You can do this! Every cig is a few minutes left with your kids. Not worth it at all. You seem like you have all the motivation, I really wish I could help you cut those cravings and feel better.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Your problem is the gum. The gum is going to give you more nicotine that vaping would and increase your craving for a cigarette. Vape to your hearts content, eventually the need to vape will lessen on its own. When dropped nicotine levels via vaping I didn't even notice. When I gave up nicotine altogether, the only wayI could tell the difference was that the 0mg juice I was using tasted a tad bit sweeter.

You misunderstood, I chew trident. Also, 0mg juice.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Lol, I only use the mech mod because it is what I have. (Also i am a machinist, and like being able to modify my mod.)I bought it off of fast tech 2 or 3 years ago. I do my own builds, and I have read about ohms law (tho it has been a while). I guarantee you are more knowledgeable on the subject and I am far from offended.

I see a lot of people with the variable wattage rigs buthe I haven't looked into themy much.

As far as the batteries go, I am aware of the dangers. Not long after I first got my mod, I had a battery explode in my pocket. (Not fun, still have a scar)

Thank you for your kind words and support.
edit on 3155116SatAM53K by tinyDAWK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I found this you may want to check it out. It's a correlation between lack of Vitamin C and Cravings for Nicotine.

stoptobaccotoday.com...
very interesting link. I am definitely going to look further into this. Thank you

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

For 20 years I smoked 20 to40 cigarettes a day. Now I have been free from it for 10 years. I recommend You to forget vapes, nicotine gums and juices. You really shouldn't cure an addiction with another one. Just stay strong and soon You will notice it to ease. Try to exercise, walk, run, swim etc. Put aside the money You used for cigarettes and treat yourself with something nice,. My first "price" was a decent camera.
I know it isn't easy but You can do it, beat the addiction!

edit on 2-1-2016 by Phrygian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by Phrygian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

You misunderstood, I chew trident. Also, 0mg juice.

Thank you for the clarification, I did indeed misunderstand.

I guess the next question would be what is you stress level like? Are you craving the nicotine or the self-soothing that comes with the motions of smoking? I personally struggled with the feeling of smoke in my lungs, that is why vaping worked for me.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

the 0mg juice I was using tasted a tad bit sweeter.

Careful, best to quit if you are at 0mg. there is some issues with the flavoring and resperatory health..same flavoring and issues they found in the microwave popcorn stuff that can cause cancer and all other forms of nasties...just a heads up (google it, its a new study). Still...vaping is a fantastic way to quit smoking, just...in time try to also drop the vaping

I haven't vaped in about 6 months but thank you for your concern.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It was a cold unfriendly night - back in 2000, I was stinging for a cigarette.

I dragged my sadly addicted arse out of my warm home, into a cold car with the intent of seeking out open cigarette dealers.
( that is what they are beside being unpaid tax collectors ... $27aus. for a pack of 40 .)

Having found a nicotine dealer in the shape of a 7'11 or some such ( why do Pakistanis feature in this industy ? Legit Q ! )

I forked out my hard earned for a pack of Mar.boro lights !

Awesome ! I have my fix !

But I do not open the pack. Rather; I tell myself .. " Dude! Seriously ! You are a slave to that particular lucrative legal drug!

So ... I never opened that pack and convinced myself that cigarettes would make me feel bad and stink.
Not to mention the financial and physical price i will pay ... including that hacking cough, which I no longer have.

You don't need patches or other BS aids.

1) You need WON'T power !!
2) You need to want to do it , for yourself first.

I still can not tolerate the smell of a cigarette ... my Wife still smokes - and I give her plenty !

I shall stand down now and end my rant.

However there is this Dennis Leary clip ...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tinyDAWKSince I am a non smoker and do not understand the cravings as such. I can only make a guess. From what you have stated no cigarettes in 7 months. Then physically you have beat the habit. Your body thanks you for cleaning up your act. Now it is all a mental challenge. Change mentally and you will have a win for yourself.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I am a smoker, and am in the middle off an enforced withdrawal, as I am at my parent's. I would like a cigarette now, but am holding off. I could quit as I am here for a few more days, but I enjoy it.

I think when I go home I am going to cut down, as I know how little I can smoke and be OK, this will eventually lead to a full on quit.

Nicotine is fine, it's like caffeine, the uptake of it as tobacco is the harmful bit, I would suggest you go to a an actual Vapeople shop and they will be able to give you the right strength oil, and you can work down from there.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I try not to use my vape, when I do, it is no nicotine juice.

Perhaps if you used juice with nicotine in it your cravings would cease , you are addicted to nicotine so it's probably best to ween yourself of it over time , nicotine is not the bad part of cigarettes it's the other chemicals and tar that do the damage .

I started at 1.8mg when I quit but am now down to 0.6mg , I have had no withdrawals , my next step is 0mg.

Good luck , whatever you do don't go back.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
took me about 8 months cold turkey to stop craving nicotene. then after a particularly stressful day i broke down and had just one. i vomited for nearly two hours finally curing me. now nearly 1.5 years smoke free and i still get cravings. i am no longer a slave to the poison. also continuing to vape keeps you mentally smoking and the addictive behavior will not subside. cold turkey is the single most effective means of freeing yourself of this poison.

good luck keep up the effort and remember you only fail when you stop trying to quit. it took me about a dozen attempts.
ozzy osbourne said smoking was the hardest of all his addictions to stop.

edit on 2-1-2016 by evenkeel because: added info

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

YES!!!

but hell u should be proud

I am about to quit got a prescription champix and tropical flavour nicotine gum lol all nicotine replacements make me nauseous as hell and they don't make me not want to have a fag.. I hear good stuff about the prescription it makes u sick when u even smell a cigi

U know what helps me actually electric shisha pens I would do shisha (hookah as others call it) all day long

But job friking well done

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join