It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Conspiracies Forum is a Mess. And it’s The Fault of Many Members

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Doesn't apply to everyone, on everything. But for the majority, on a wide range of topics. Not exclusive to 9/11 subject material.

Most people respond to others after asking themselves a question... Is he or she one of us, or one of them? And in short time judge you based on their own conclusion, then respond accordingly.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Doesn't apply to everyone, on everything. But for the majority, on a wide range of topics. Not exclusive to 9/11 subject material.

Most people respond to others after asking themselves a question... Is he or she one of us, or one of them? And in short time judge you based on their own conclusion, then respond accordingly.

Agreed, i was talking about my work, does not apply to everyone in their mundane lives, but the NTSB way of thinking could help us all, if critical thinking was applied rather than heartfelt comments, heartfelt is not good enough. I work with Engineers who sing from the heart rather than fact / data. Present data in a forum and if i have knowledge, i will respond with facts. Nothing less, if i don't know i will say so

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So the terrorists win?

See Y'all at the next shill convention!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Pssst...Actually, he is the owner, but he moderates at times.

Anyway, the forum closure is temporary until people get ahold of themselves. Such things have happened before. Until then you can still read those threads just sign out to do it.

I would say a total overreaction and hyper-hysteria.

Things have been far worse on this forum in the past, and in other parts of the forums, and they did not need to be shutdown.

Sad commentary especially when one "likes" to think this site was intended for free exploration of topics.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Given the topic I'm perplexed as to how this is deemed acceptable

When someone has thousands of posts...wait...3606 posts all on the same subject repeating the same rhetoric over and over again for 10 years straight without producing a single authored thread, it's quite self-evident they're a paid poster.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is it simply down to not actually posting the username of the accused? There is only ONE member here that it can be.

This isn't right and it seems nothing will be done about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Zaphod58

Integrity man. Bill? Integrity!! You want to enforce PC over calling out members yet ignore spys in your own website. Its not right man it just aint right. These guys do a lot of damage muddying the waters.

My friend, thank you for all you do - and say.

Certainly not off topic, but, in the past, I have brought up this type of argument - 'spys/infiltrators/govagents and mistakenly attached a name to the 'band of six' (no, not shills) who automatically appear on any thread (on any forum) that mentions CHEMTRAILS - and I got censored, deleted, post banned and OMG robbed of 500 points!

So there does seem to be "moving goalposts" if not sacred cows - in certain situations…IMHO.

And I'm sure that none of the attention I get from certain Mods here has nothing to do with the fact that I am Admin with Zorgon on thelivingmoon.com - where John Lear went to "after being" on ATS. How's that for dancing?

I appreciate what Springer and Skeptic are attempting to do to bring some sanity to these 'gasoline' threads, but until there is POSITIVE PROOF - one way or the other - in either of these gasoline threads - we will have those individuals with ulterior motives infiltrating even the hallowed halls of our beloved ATS.

How we handle them (I suggest bombarding them with empirical facts) is what this thread is about.

Thanks ATS - and you Mods - for what you do and Happy New Year!

With great respect,
thorfourwinds

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Unless I'm missing it, I'm seeing very little contrition from those who frequent 9/11 topics, and a great deal of finger-pointing and blaming a few dastardly members who dare challenge the conspiracies.

No change then. Forum remains closed to replies and new threads.

It appears you want this to act itself out like an official courtroom with lawyers and judges yes ?

And for no matter what, the only people who need apologize are the ones who do not use the terms "Truthers", "Silly" and all manner of attacks.

What is your obsession with bashing one side of this ?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Facts are often irrelevant to the group's adopted popular opinions.

One of the reasons I rarely post here now, was the motive for my first post in this thread. that and the fact that I have personally acquired a level of enlightenment that leaves me with few unanswered questions to explore now.

Before then I often found that when posting I would often get tagged with responses that would include words like "obviously you are a liberal so..." and "the problem with you right-wingers.." "racist" "homophobic" "Islamophobe" etc. Having an opinion on any topic meant that often that opinion would be used to define me. If memory serves me, I think I've been accused of being a liberal and a conservative in the same day on different threads. I stayed away from the 9/11 forums as much as possible.

Then, I had a member tell me (not on ATS) that I obviously didn't know where I "fit in" and should pick a side, stick with it or GTFO.

Where do I fit in here?

Where is my group?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

First, thank you for the kind and complimentary words. They are truly appreciated.

I agree with you entirely on the narcissism. It is a sickness and it is prevalent here, sadly. And it does get to me more than it should. Like you said, we are human and we do have feelings too.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like giving sources within my threads. But if I do not post the source, (for example: ) then "there is no evidence, therefor the op is a liar." (character assassination right there.) But if I do post a source, if it is not CNN (or mainstream media) then it is invalidated, and is not credible.

I could not agree more. I had an experience recently, which ended with another of my threads closed, with one of the usual violators. He went off on a tangent, completely ignoring the topic of the thread for page after page attacking me, publicly libeling me, calling me a plagiarist because I did not cite the reference to information forwarded to me from a friend. There was no reference other than my friend. It was copied and re-copied who knows how many times on FB. At that point, how do you 'correctly' cite a reference? It is just as bad, if not worse. to knowingly cite an incorrect reference. I said repeatedly that I did not know the original author. Period. I asked this person to stop. I asked them to leave the page and stop following me. The response was, "I'm not going anywhere sweetheart." Now this cretin is following me even more closely than before. And I have issued my last warning on that subject. It will follow with legal action. Period.

He kept repeating over and over things like, "Not one iota of this is original". Or, "This is verbatim from several other sources." I did a word for word comparison with his references and my original text. I used one sentence word for word. One sentence. The rest was condensed, paraphrased, or original. One freakin sentence and this guy goes off for pages of rants that were blatantly false and libelous. One sentence does not comprise plagiarism unless that one sentence conveys the entire original thought of a subject. This sentence alone did not. I offered to cite my friend, who WAS my source, but that was called a convenient lie. I cited, "original author unknown - used with permission from source provider". Even then I was still libeled and called a liar and a plagiarist.

And when I literally begged for help, my thread - which is what I was trying to save, was closed. And the trolls win again.

Its a shame that these people don't dedicate as much effort to being decent human beings as they do to derailing and denying anything that doesn't fit into their tiny little shoe-box version of the world. But, that is narcissism at its very core, isn't it?

Sickness.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Facts are often irrelevant to the group's adopted popular opinions.

One of the reasons I rarely post here now, was the motive for my first post in this thread. that and the fact that I have personally acquired a level of enlightenment that leaves me with few unanswered questions to explore now.

Before then I often found that when posting I would often get tagged with responses that would include words like "obviously you are a liberal so..." and "the problem with you right-wingers.." "racist" "homophobic" "Islamophobe" etc. Having an opinion on any topic meant that often that opinion would be used to define me. If memory serves me, I think I've been accused of being a liberal and a conservative in the same day on different threads. I stayed away from the 9/11 forums as much as possible.

Then, I had a member tell me (not on ATS) that I obviously didn't know where I "fit in" and should pick a side, stick with it or GTFO.

Where do I fit in here?

Where is my group?

Not wanting to derail SO's OP, pm me, we have a lot to discuss in my opinion, up to you

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Not sure where you get the idea from that anyone is "bashing one side of this"

Fact is, it takes two people to make an argument, or to trade barbs or insults, not just one.

So how about we can the "poor us" argument from whichever "side" you chose to be on and look at this objectively.

No one has covered themselves in glory here, otherwise there wouldn't be the mess, would there?

And while we're at it, on a wider note, don't be blaming the staff here for peoples inability to have a sensible conversation. We aren't the ones typing at your keyboards. We certainly aren't your secretaries. This one lies squarely at the feet of members on ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

It didn't start that way, but it might as well be.

Our near-15-year experience with the (mostly) insanely rude people siding with various fractured factions of "9/11 Truth" has been beyond unpleasant.

There it is.

There are conspiracies related to 9/11. It's the fault of the above described people that nothing substantive has come to light, and the subject is broadly ridiculed.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join