It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new species weve never seen? or old news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Heres a description Ive gathered from various people at my college.
These aliens are highly advanced.They control aprox.19%of this galaxy alone.There ships hold the compacity to travel at 15times the speed of light.Apparently are founding fathers got there idea of equality,and democracy from them, there everbody,and thing is treated equally.
Fact or fiction?
Old or new?
You decide.
If you want more information (I have 23 pages) reply to this post,
and if I have time i will u2u you.(I may reply to this message later to ad more,Im on the brink of discovering there name)
sincerely, Smertfire

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, 15x speed of light would still mean they need 2 to 3 months to get from the 3 closest stars to earth to here, 5 to 8 months for the next furthest bunch of stars and over a year for the next bunch that total up to the 26 nearest stars to earth.

15x speed of light for 19% of our galaxy and seeying what you were saying, they seem to be present in other galaxy's too.
For a race capable of going from galaxy to galaxy and controlling 19% of our galaxy, 15x speed of light seems darn slow.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Even at 15x light speed it would take them like 6,666 years to go from one end of the milkyway to the other. Still a very long time but if the were comming from say Proxima Centauri that speed would be just fine.

I always thought if you could find a way beyond the speed of light that there would nothing eles stopping you from reaching say 1000x times the speed of light.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Smertfire,

Instead of asking us all to u2u you, why don't you write up the main points of your 23 page paper and post them on this thread? Right now your aliens just sound like... well... like there isn't much to them. To be honest, it sounds like the other kids at your college are just toying with you... perhaps if we could see your information or references more people might become interested in what you've discovered?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
15x the speed of light is too slow, you need to go to at least Ludicrous speed.
Seriously, when you're traveling those distances any speed less then "instant" is too slow. No beings have 1000's of years on hand just to reach a destination.

I agree with your idea of the founding fathers getting their ideas elsewhere. They were white slave owners. Why would they give their slaves equality? Maybe they had a change of heart. I doubt that however.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They could have teleported the DNA and RNA sequcences. That would have just been easier or they could have IP ( interplanetary) drives that fold space time.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually, 15X the speed of light is easily possible. If you assume our galaxy is roughly circular, and that the aliens would control a circular region of space 20% the area of the milkyway (which makes sense because a circular region allows for a central hub from which all distant points of colonization are equally apart, and also has a tactical edge), you get an area of 35 million square light years being the area of the galaxy, compared to 7 million square light years being the area of the controlled portion. Then the diameter of this region would be 3000 light years across. Anyone in the center would only have to travel for 100 years to get to he outer limits, and one would have to travel 200 years to traverse the colonized land.

This doesn't mean that every alien would travel this distance, even the 100 light years possible in a cryogenic state assuming this is possible. I mean, take us for example...how many people on Earth travel halfway around the world? Most people stay relatively close to where they live and at the most travel the comparable distance of 30 or so light years. It would not make sense to have your supplies streched out over your entire area of colonization. Anything the aliens need would more than likely be available to them on their own planet, and supply ships that traverse great distances don't need alien pilots.

(edit) Just a side note...I was reading about sending DNA/RNA to colonize different planets awhile ago. Sounds like a very good idea. Discover or some other magazine had an article about what an advanced race would do to escape the big bang into a parallel universe. One was to create a tiny hole (which would require enourmous amounts of energy) in the membrane of its universe and send nanobots into a parallel one which would have the building blocks of life as well as recorded alien personalities inside. The nanobots would find a habitable place and recreate the entire civilization on the other side. Makes sense to colonize the galaxy this way as well.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

new topics

top topics

join